Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

i guess we both missed where her oath said that she promises to uphold the constitution, unless she disagrees with it.

Well do post the article or amendment of the Constitution that dictates issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals?

The SCOTUS created law, but it certainly is not the Constitution. Further, I doubt a county clerk takes any such oath.

Oh, and I'll bet she gets reelected. :thup:

But you're winning - America is behind you, which is why you need to stage a public execution!
the scotus did not create law. just because you disagree doesn't mean its wrong. in fact, in your particular case disagreement is a good sign that it's right.
but if you want clarification -
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

did you forget to add "is bullshit" to your comment?
she has not been imprisoned for her political beliefs.

She has been imprisoned for religious and political beliefs.

Absolutely not. She has been imprisoned for refusing to follow the orders of the court. She could have resigned. She could have agreed not to interfere with the deputy clerks issuing marriage licenses. But she has refused.

She can believe whatever she wants. She is trying to force others to behave according to her beliefs.

No.

She's being imprisoned for contempt of court because she's trying to force her religious beliefs on her deputies.

Most of her deputies said they would comply with the court - but all also said they voluntarily complied with Davis.

There is a massive protest against the imprisonment of Davis, going on right now. What you of the left need to do is get the fire trucks out there and turn on the high pressure hoses.

Absolutely not. She has been imprisoned for refusing to follow the orders of the court. She could have resigned. She could have agreed not to interfere with the deputy clerks issuing marriage licenses. But she has refused.

She can believe whatever she wants. She is trying to force others to behave according to her beliefs.

That's what all political prisoners are charged with. She is engaging in civil disobedience to bring focus to the issue.

i guess we both missed where her oath said that she promises to uphold the constitution, unless she disagrees with it.

Well do post the article or amendment of the Constitution that dictates issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals?

The SCOTUS created law, but it certainly is not the Constitution. Further, I doubt a county clerk takes any such oath.

Oh, and I'll bet she gets reelected. :thup:

But you're winning - America is behind you, which is why you need to stage a public execution!

Not even a good strawman. I am pretty sure you have seen, numerous times, people explain that there does not need to be an article or amendment in the US Constitution dictating issuing marriage licenses to gays.

That's what all political prisoners are charged with. She is engaging in civil disobedience to bring focus to the issue.
by your asinine opinion anyone who believes they have a right to break the law is a political prisoner.
her beliefs remain legal. she's free to advocate for them and attempt to rally support. she is not a political prisoner.

you lack integrity. davis is analogous to bull connor - using her office to deny the rights of the citizens.

Davis put no one in prison, you leftists did.

You wanted a showdown. You want to impose your will on the majority. Did you really expect 5000 years of tradition to be discarded because you want?

Understand, I'm laughing at you. In your rage, you cannot grasp what you are doing. I encourage you to gather more and more rope.

The issue is settled. The US Supreme Court has ruled (in effect ruled twice) on the issue.

Not even a good strawman. I am pretty sure you have seen, numerous times, people explain that there does not need to be an article or amendment in the US Constitution dictating issuing marriage licenses to gays.

SCOTUS created new law, so no, there need be nothing save the dictate of 9 unelected magistrates.

Where we clash is at the pretense of legitimacy.

you lack integrity. davis is analogous to bull connor - using her office to deny the rights of the citizens.

You wanted a showdown. You want to impose your will on the majority. Did you really expect 5000 years of tradition to be discarded because you want?

Understand, I'm laughing at you. In your rage, you cannot grasp what you are doing. I encourage you to gather more and more rope.
davis put herself in jail. it's her choice to sit in that cell and she could leave any time.
she is the one that denied the rights of the citizens of her county. she used the power of government to do it. she is bull connor.

I need no rope. I am simply allowing equality. You, on the other hand, want this nation to be a theocracy and want everyone who is not a white, Christian, heterosexual to be denied the same benefits you enjoy.

That is simply not going to happen any more.

SCOTUS created new law, so no, there need be nothing save the dictate of 9 unelected magistrates.

Where we clash is at the pretense of legitimacy.
you lack integrity and cannot grasp the basic facts of the situation. what new law did the supreme court make?

davis put herself in jail. it's her choice to sit in that cell and she could leave any time.
she is the one that denied the rights of the citizens of her county. she used the power of government to do it. she is bull connor.

Yes, she has chosen to sit in that cell.

And I laugh at the inability of you leftists to grasp the significance.

To the Left, the only rights that exist in America are: Abortion, Gay Marriage, Voting Without ID, Limitless Immigration, Welfare, and "Not to be discriminated against", which in reality means "Everyone must support and participate in my personal kinks".

No other rights exist. No Freedom of Speech. No Freedom of Religion. Not Right to Gun Ownership. No Property Rights....iow, The Constitution is Null and Void.

There is no significance. She broke the law, and is now in jail. Just another criminal.

If God tells you to rob a bank, you ain't getting away with that either.

there is no significance. she has lost. her county will no longer deny homosexual couples marriage licenses. there is no scenario save a constitutional amendment that changes that

Forum List

Back