Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

To the Left, the only rights that exist in America are: Abortion, Gay Marriage, Voting Without ID, Limitless Immigration, Welfare, and "Not to be discriminated against", which in reality means "Everyone must support and participate in my personal kinks".

No other rights exist. No Freedom of Speech. No Freedom of Religion. Not Right to Gun Ownership. No Property Rights....iow, The Constitution is Null and Void.

There's freedom of speech. There's freedom of religion. Neither involve using the government to force unwilling people to obey your religious beliefs.

To the Left, the only rights that exist in America are: Abortion, Gay Marriage, Voting Without ID, Limitless Immigration, Welfare, and "Not to be discriminated against", which in reality means "Everyone must support and participate in my personal kinks".

No other rights exist. No Freedom of Speech. No Freedom of Religion. Not Right to Gun Ownership. No Property Rights....iow, The Constitution is Null and Void.
Obey the law, or face the consequences. It's not complicated, even for you.

Orcs, still waiting for you to explain why we're not hearing this from you...

0a8a90e5ba4351e9568e4e85898b80f0.jpg

Were you only talking about Leftist women?

Tell the truth now.

I think that this is an interesting problem for which there is a solution. First, gays are allowed to marry so the state should sanction it. That includes this county. My guess is that homosexuals are flocking to this county to force the issue. Davis attorney suggested a reasonable compromise. Strike the clerk's name from the certificate and process the marriage license. Davis conscience is clear and gays get married. Seems reasonable since her taking office pre-dates the SCOTUS decision. No need to fill our jails with a non-criminals. There is better use of tax payer money. No need to jail her unless the motivation was persecution. Judge spoke as much when he stated she would be jailed until she changed her conviction. I understand gays right to marry in this country on the basis of the supreme court decision. However I see a progression. First the enforcement of gay marriage on government officials. Second, the enforcement of providing wedding related services to homosexuals such as baking cakes etc. Finally, attempting to force Christian churches to marriage homosexuals despite their religious convictions and then a limitation on free speech for those churches that would label homosexuality a sin. Strangely Islamic churches will be exempt from such. No doubt that the gay community has an agenda that they will push and the religious convictions of Christians will be steamrolled. A balance should be struck between homosexual rights and first amendment rights. Funny how a court clerk who refuse to discharge a part of her duties is jailed, but a mayor of a sanctuary city can refuse to enforce immigration law. I have mixed feeling on immigration, but the inconsistency is clear.
A marriage license is accepted as proof of marriage. Why should a gay couple have to accept a marriage license unsigned by the county clerk?

The reason this clerk was jailed was because she refused to follow a court order. She put herself above the law because of her personal beliefs. Her beliefs are irrelevant in the eyes of the court.

There's freedom of speech. There's freedom of religion. Neither involve using the government to force unwilling people to obey your religious beliefs.

I don't see you applying that logic when Obama and Holder have refused to enforce the law.

I don't see you applying that logic when Obama and Holder have refused to enforce the law.
can you give an example?

I think that this is an interesting problem for which there is a solution. First, gays are allowed to marry so the state should sanction it. That includes this county. My guess is that homosexuals are flocking to this county to force the issue. Davis attorney suggested a reasonable compromise. Strike the clerk's name from the certificate and process the marriage license. Davis conscience is clear and gays get married. Seems reasonable since her taking office pre-dates the SCOTUS decision. No need to fill our jails with a non-criminals. There is better use of tax payer money. No need to jail her unless the motivation was persecution. Judge spoke as much when he stated she would be jailed until she changed her conviction. I understand gays right to marry in this country on the basis of the supreme court decision. However I see a progression. First the enforcement of gay marriage on government officials. Second, the enforcement of providing wedding related services to homosexuals such as baking cakes etc. Finally, attempting to force Christian churches to marriage homosexuals despite their religious convictions and then a limitation on free speech for those churches that would label homosexuality a sin. Strangely Islamic churches will be exempt from such. No doubt that the gay community has an agenda that they will push and the religious convictions of Christians will be steamrolled. A balance should be struck between homosexual rights and first amendment rights. Funny how a court clerk who refuse to discharge a part of her duties is jailed, but a mayor of a sanctuary city can refuse to enforce immigration law. I have mixed feeling on immigration, but the inconsistency is clear.

Churches have and still do deny performing marriages to strait couples for a wide variety of reasons. There has never been a single effort to sue a church to perform a marriage that it didn't want to perform. Your claim that that will change is just fear mongering, and you know it.
I agree. A marriage license is a legal contract. A religious marriage is moral contract. The two are not the same. Why is that so many people have trouble understanding this?

Tell the truth now.
bonnie parker made history. eva braun made history. davis is making history. history is full of villains
Really? Who did she kill?

And that doesn't answer the question.
you have to kill someone to make history?
davis is making history, she's just on the wrong side of it

you lack integrity and cannot grasp the basic facts of the situation. what new law did the supreme court make?

I lack integrity? Hardly.

The SCOTUS created a national edict that marriage would be no longer be the union of a biologically viable pairing. Leftists have no ability to grasp that humans existed prior to Karl Marx and the rules you live by.

But there is anthropological precedent for marriage. It didn't develop across the globe, in virtually every culture, simply because the Christians you hate wanted to be mean to gays. The drive to protect the joining of male and female in successful cultures is based on the need to create a stable environment for the procreating and raising of offspring.

To the left, the state is mother and father, so the concept of a stable family is in fact anathema to leftist goal - ergo the war that is currently fought.

can you give an example?

Do you live under a rock?

- Lack of enforcement of immigration laws.
- Lack of enforcement of DOMA.
- Failure to prosecute the Black Panther's threats against white voters.
- Failure to prosecute Lois Lerner.

For starters.

you lack integrity and cannot grasp the basic facts of the situation. what new law did the supreme court make?

The SCOTUS created a national edict that marriage would be no longer be the union of a biologically viable pairing. Leftists have no ability to grasp that humans existed prior to Karl Marx and the rules you live by.

But there is anthropological precedent for marriage. It didn't develop across the globe, in virtually every culture, simply because the Christians you hate wanted to be mean to gays. The drive to protect the joining of male and female in successful cultures is based on the need to create a stable environment for the procreating and raising of offspring.

To the left, the state is mother and father, so the concept of a stable family is in fact anathema to leftist goal - ergo the war that is currently fought.

What can you expect from people who can't even accept the fact that genders are not social constructs?

What can you expect from people who can't even accept the fact that genders are not social constructs?
Gender is many things, Look it up. One thing it's not, genitals, or genetics.

Tell the truth now.
bonnie parker made history. eva braun made history. davis is making history. history is full of villains

No, you are. Faggotry makes civilizations die out. Support for faggotry is the wrong side of history.

So....the statement only applies to Leftist women?

lol. so the new law the supreme court made is the 14th amendment to the constitution?

Gender is many things, Look it up. One thing it's not, genitals, or genetics.

It's quite clear that your gender doesn't include adequate genetalia.

can you give an example?

Do you live under a rock?

- Lack of enforcement of immigration laws.
- Lack of enforcement of DOMA.
- Failure to prosecute the Black Panther's threats against white voters.
- Failure to prosecute Lois Lerner.

For starters.
lol. you're claiming that enforcing laws in a manner that differs from how you would like it done equates to non-enforcement.

you're also arguing against the concept of prosecutorial discretion.

Tell the truth now.

No, you are. Faggotry makes civilizations die out. Support for faggotry is the wrong side of history.

So....the statement only applies to Leftist women?

History makes civilizations die out. Virtually every civilization that has ever existed is gone. Those that embraced homosexuality, those that didn't, virtually all have passed on.

When the 'effect' exists even when the 'cause' doesn't.......your 'cause' isn't.

Can I take it from your subject change to 'faggotry', that you've conceded that your legal argument was garbage?

Forum List

Back