Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

Earlier today, her husband spoke out and said that the government was trying to squash religious freedom.

No...................he's got the right to practice ANY belief system that he wants to. He also has the right to apply for any job that he thinks he's qualified for.

He also has the right to be offended if that job makes him go against his beliefs.

More importantly? He has the right to find work elsewhere if he feels that his job is compromising his spirituality.

I mean.....................strip clubs are legal (and many Christian men go to them, I know, I used to work in one), but you don't see many Christians bitching about the working conditions as being sinful.

This woman needs to stay in jail until (a) she agrees to DO THE JOB SHE WAS ELECTED FOR, or (b) decides to step down.

And remember people.................this isn't about religion, this is about a county clerk who was held in contempt of court for not doing her job. She can fix this by leaving or doing her job.
You guys are such hypocrites.
You claim that when we try to stop you from getting your taxpayer funded abortions that's squashing your reproductive rights. If we don't agree with your definition of marriage we're trying to squash your civil rights.
Now you say that putting someone in jail for her religious convictions isn't squashing her religious freedom. Doesn't matter that she gave them options to get their piece of paper a few miles down the road.

You seem to believe in having in both ways.

You should change your name from the Democratic Party to the Hypocritical Nazi party.

Last edited:
Earlier today, her husband spoke out and said that the government was trying to squash religious freedom.

No...................he's got the right to practice ANY belief system that he wants to. He also has the right to apply for any job that he thinks he's qualified for.

He also has the right to be offended if that job makes him go against his beliefs.

More importantly? He has the right to find work elsewhere if he feels that his job is compromising his spirituality.

I mean.....................strip clubs are legal (and many Christian men go to them, I know, I used to work in one), but you don't see many Christians bitching about the working conditions as being sinful.

This woman needs to stay in jail until (a) she agrees to DO THE JOB SHE WAS ELECTED FOR, or (b) decides to step down.

And remember people.................this isn't about religion, this is about a county clerk who was held in contempt of court for not doing her job. She can fix this by leaving or doing her job.
You claim that when we try to stop you from getting your taxpayer funded abortions that's squashing your reproductive rights.
Now you say that putting someone in jail isn't squashing her religious freedom.

You should change your name from the Democratic Party to the Hypocritical Nazi party.
Terribly structured argument.

Tu quoque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Tu quoque (/tuːˈkwoʊkwiː/;[1]Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s)."

You claim that when we try to stop you from getting your taxpayer funded abortions that's squashing your reproductive rights. If we don't agree with your definition of marriage we're trying to squash your civil rights.
Now you say that putting someone in jail for her religious convictions isn't squashing her religious freedom. Doesn't matter that she gave them options to get their piece of paper a few miles down the road.

Horseshit! She didn't give them any options. She just didn't have any authority in the next county.

And if it was all about HER religious beliefs, why did she refuse to allow the deputy clerks to issue licenses? She wants to stop it anyway she can.

And now she will play the martyr to the fullest and people like you will send her money.

There is no tax payer funded abortion.

The only thing that opposition to abortion and opposition to gay marriage has in common is that they are both driven by misguided religious fervor and the belief that you can impose your religious beliefs on others

No one gives a crap what you believe about marriage. Your beliefs do not effect anyone's civil rights. Only actions do that.

She was not jailed for her religious convictions. That is just as ridiculous as Huckabee's comment that Christianity is now criminalized. You know damned well why she is in jail. If heterosexual do not have to go "a few miles down the road" couples, gay couples should not have to either. That is discrimination.

Furthermore, It is not about here protecting her supposed religious rights- she ordered her staff not to issue licenses either. She tried to shut it all down. She used her government position to impose her religious beliefs on others.

I love the way you guys, out of desperation, throw as much horseshit as you can at the wall and hope that something sticks.

There is no tax payer funded abortion.

The only thing that opposition to abortion and opposition to gay marriage has in common is that they are both driven by misguided religious fervor and the belief that you can impose your religious beliefs on others

No one gives a crap what you believe about marriage. Your beliefs do not effect anyone's civil rights. Only actions do that.

She was not jailed for her religious convictions. That is just as ridiculous as Huckabee's comment that Christianity is now criminalized. You know damned well why she is in jail. If heterosexual do not have to go "a few miles down the road" couples, gay couples should not have to either. That is discrimination.

Furthermore, It is not about here protecting her supposed religious rights- she ordered her staff not to issue licenses either. She tried to shut it all down. She used her government position to impose her religious beliefs on others.

I love the way you guys, out of desperation, throw as much horseshit as you can at the wall and hope that something sticks.

Bullshit!!!!

Planned Parenthood is taxpayer funded.

And for the record, I think this woman is a bitch.....but I also will defend her right to religious freedom.

If you guys don't like the way she does her job, vote her out of office.....don't jail her. All that does is gain sympathy for her and illustrates the utter hypocrisy of the left.

Horseshit! She didn't give them any options. She just didn't have any authority in the next county.

And if it was all about HER religious beliefs, why did she refuse to allow the deputy clerks to issue licenses? She wants to stop it anyway she can.

And now she will play the martyr to the fullest and people like you will send her money.
Prove that she wanted to actively prevent these people from getting a license elsewhere.

The reason she didn't authorize the deputy clerks to issue them is because that would be asking someone else to do your sinning for you.

Prove that she wanted to actively prevent these people from getting a license elsewhere.

The reason she didn't authorize the deputy clerks to issue them is because that would be asking someone else to do your sinning for you.

They already told the judge they would do it. According to the scriptures you think she is jailed over, they have already sinned.

Prove? She refused to do what she was ordered by the courts and by the Gov of KY. If she had the authority, she wouldn't allow it anywhere. That is blatantly obvious.

If you guys don't like the way she does her job, vote her out of office.....don't jail her. All that does is gain sympathy for her and illustrates the utter hypocrisy of the left.

Jailing her's a wonderful idea, actually. It's obvious she'd get all kinds of help paying any fines levied against her, but it's kinda hard for a bunch of bible-thumping nutbags to just break her out of jail (unless they don't mind making felons out of themseves, of course).

That's why the Shrub-appointed conservative judge told her to go to the slammer, after all.

They already told the judge they would do it. According to the scriptures you think she is jailed over, they have already sinned.

Prove? She refused to do what she was ordered by the courts and by the Gov of KY. If she had the authority, she wouldn't allow it anywhere. That is blatantly obvious.

Her actual intent is irrelevant anyway. Her office is obliged to follow the law and if she's actively preventing it from doing that, she's eligible for the penalty she's getting.

You know..............this is kind of like a person joining the military and then being told they are going to a war zone, whereupon they declare themselves to be a consciencious objector stating that their religious beliefs prevent them from taking another life.

That soldier or sailor is then discharged from the military, due to being a consciencious objector, because they refuse to do the job required.

This woman is objecting to issuing gay marriage licenses because it violates her religious beliefs, and, like objectors in the military, she should be released from her job.

Oh.............and btw................if she would have stepped down in the first place, she wouldn't be in jail. It's not for her religious beliefs that she's there, it's because she refused to obey the courts and is being held for contempt.

Same result would have happened if she was Catholic, Muslim, Jewish or whatever other belief system you want to use.

You know..............this is kind of like a person joining the military and then being told they are going to a war zone, whereupon they declare themselves to be a consciencious objector stating that their religious beliefs prevent them from taking another life.

That soldier or sailor is then discharged from the military, due to being a consciencious objector, because they refuse to do the job required.

This woman is objecting to issuing gay marriage licenses because it violates her religious beliefs, and, like objectors in the military, she should be released from her job.

Oh.............and btw................if she would have stepped down in the first place, she wouldn't be in jail. It's not for her religious beliefs that she's there, it's because she refused to obey the courts and is being held for contempt.

Same result would have happened if she was Catholic, Muslim, Jewish or whatever other belief system you want to use.

Maybe she should be glad that she is safe. Her husband took to packing heat, and they complained of death threats.

Maybe she should be glad that she is safe. Her husband took to packing heat, and they complained of death threats.

Personally, I think they are making up the death threats, because they haven't actually gone to the cops over this and filed a report.

I think they're just saying that for the drama and to give more fuel to their fire.

Personally, I think they are making up the death threats, because they haven't actually gone to the cops over this and filed a report.

I think they're just saying that for the drama and to give more fuel to their fire.

I agree. In Kentucky, whenever anyone gets into an arguments with someone, someone goes home and gets a gun. It has been that way since before the Hatfields and McCoys.

That's a pretty big "IF".

She doesn't have the authority. So her effect on the situation is minor.

However, we have a president that has effected all of our lives with his lawlessness. I think he should be jailed for the same reasons.

Well, not a Muslim.....because you'd come under attack from the White House.

Under attack from the WH or not, if this chick were Muslim and did the same thing (or Jewish or whatever) I'd still call for her to do her job or resign.

Nice partisan rhetoric there PudWhistler.

Under attack from the WH or not, if this chick were Muslim and did the same thing (or Jewish or whatever) I'd still call for her to do her job or resign.

Nice partisan rhetoric there PudWhistler.

Yeah, but this Muslim can kill all of the Christians and Jews she wants.....no complaints from you'all.

hitler+and+obama.jpg

Another logical fail.

False equivalence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
False equivalence is a logical fallacy which describes a situation where there is a logical and apparent equivalence, but when in fact there is none. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency."

"A common way for this fallacy to be perpetuated is one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence doesn't bear because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors."

It's sad when the so called supreme court comes to represent a few rich white neurotic sexual perverts that buys layers and inevitably changes the course of popular opinion and law. THAT isn't what "WE, THE PEOPLE" means, IF we, the PEOPLE, DO NOT WANT gay marriage, it should mean just that, nothing more , nothing LESS.

Forum List

Back