Kerry:Arab countries offering to pay America for invading Syria

I as one of millions of American citizens should have power over my government, not my government over me. Those words are spoken like a true big government Liberal. True colors right there.

thats cute, but the reality is you have no power of the purse strings, and currently can't do anything about any money being spent.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs con....you are so limited.

Oh ye naysayer, thou hast already shewn thine soul to the darkness!

People together have power, this is why we call ourselves "United" is it not? You, like one who loves the darkness will say "you have no power." So long as I am an American, I have power. You are the one limited, as you are the one being led on a leash by a blind and deaf government.

besides whining on the internet, please go on and tell me how you literally can right now stop them from spending.

No go on, this will be hilarious.

This is appalling.

What has America become in the eyes of the world that any country could believe she could be bought as a mercenary?

It's Kerry's testimony. It's sickening because he seems proud of the offer. He says they won't take the money, but he's happy enough to reveal it.

Sweet Lord what kind of madness is this?

John Kerry reveals Arab countries have offered to PAY America to carry out full-scale invasion of Syria

By David Martosko

PUBLISHED: 21:20 GMT, 4 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:49 GMT, 4 September 2013

Secretary of State John Kerry said during a hearing Wednesday in the House of Representatives that counties in the Arab world have offered to foot the entire bill for a U.S. military mission that destroys the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria.

'With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assist, the answer is profoundly yes,' Kerry said. 'They have. That offer is on the table.'

Kerry, with a cadre of anti-war activists sitting behind him and holding red-painted hands aloft in protest, declined to name the countries that have proposed opening their purses.

Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen had asked Kerry to comment on the expenses related to carrying out attacks on Syria if Congress were to authorize them.

Following through on a use-of-force resolution, she said, 'could potentially cost ... billions.'

But Kerry said other nations that see Assad as a destabilizing force in the region have proposed to cover the costs.

As for 'the details of the offer, and the proposal on the table,' Ros-Lehtinen asked Kerry, 'what are the figures we are talking about?

'We don’t know what action we [will be] engaged in right now,' Kerry replied, 'but they have been quite significant. I mean, very significant.'

'In fact, some of them have said that if the U.S. is prepared to go do the whole thing, the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost. That’s how dedicated they are to this.'

'Offer is on the table' for Arab countries to pay for full-scale U.S. invasion of Syria, says Secretary of State John Kerry | Mail Online

What kind of a price do you put on the loss of American Life? Where are these Arab Countries when we look for a coalition?

we havent gone to war with them yet. If and when does that happen we will see how the people react.
do not speak of things that have not happened yet.
Again this wasnt the subject.

The people have already "reacted." They said NO right off the bat. It should be that our government listens, but it is deaf. It forges on as if we don't even exist. I will speak of whatever I wish, Plasmaball, and as least of all people, YOU will dare not limit my speech!

well no they wanted Obama to seek congress for approval. which he is doing.
Not that he needed to seek their approval.

This has nothing to do with being paid to fight. You are deflecting.

It doesn't matter what approval he gets. He does not have the people's approval. I am not deflecting, I have already given my opinion on the subject. America is not a mercenary. You sir have no debate prowess whatsoever.

thats cute, but the reality is you have no power of the purse strings, and currently can't do anything about any money being spent.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs con....you are so limited.

Oh ye naysayer, thou hast already shewn thine soul to the darkness!

People together have power, this is why we call ourselves "United" is it not? You, like one who loves the darkness will say "you have no power." So long as I am an American, I have power. You are the one limited, as you are the one being led on a leash by a blind and deaf government.

besides whining on the internet, please go on and tell me how you literally can right now stop them from spending.

No go on, this will be hilarious.

Ever heard of voting?

Someone may have to check my memory on this, but wasn't it John Kerry the coward who did/n't receive 3 Purple Hearts in the Vietnam conflict ... who came home a very outspoken opponent against war? And now he's talking about Arabs being willing to pay for American troops to clean up the mess is Syria? Has he been consulting with Hanoi Jane about this development?

"...Where are these Arab Countries when we look for a coalition?"

20120117200309-9f818f80.gif

it's amazing how the far-rightie conservatives around here can't tell the difference between a made up story and a factual one.

Kerry stated that in the hearings today. If you're going to throw in your two cents make sure your eyes aren't staring up your own colon before posting.

Someone may have to check my memory on this, but wasn't it John Kerry the coward who did/n't receive 3 Purple Hearts in the Vietnam conflict ... who came home a very outspoken opponent against war? And now he's talking about Arabs being willing to pay for American troops to clean up the mess is Syria? Has he been consulting with Hanoi Jane about this development?

The passion of Youth, smothered by the forgetfulness of Privilege and Age.

The passion of Youth, smothered by the forgetfulness of Privilege and Age.

ap070202045764.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucY7JOfg6G4]Vietnam War Hearing: John Kerry Testimony - Vietnam Veterans Against the War (1971) - YouTube[/ame]

kerry-dempsey-hagel-580.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's disgusting that they want to pay our military to do their dirty work for them. For years, the liberals have resented America being a super power and wanted to change that. Obama has done well with that agenda. Now we are supposed to act like the world police again. Funny how we are hated, yet no country hesitates to call on us when they need to.

If anything, we should send a few drones in to target Assad, but they now say that drones aren't effective enough, so we must risk American lives to do the job. Will the left cry over the collateral damage when more innocents are killed in the process? The same people who cried over terrorists enduring enhanced interrogation are more than ready to send our troops to die for al Qaeda's sake. It doesn't get any more fucked up than that.

Why don't other countries step up to the plate? If any of them want this done, they can handle it. I don't think helping al Qaeda should be something we even consider. Fuck 'em.

There have been countless murders of innocent people and I'd like to know why this time Obama cares. I get sick to think it's because of some creepy loyalty to the radical Muslims.

Last edited:
it's amazing how the far-rightie conservatives around here can't tell the difference between a made up story and a factual one.

Go to the link in my OP. This is what he said at the hearing today.

It's for real.

Video is at the link as well.

Go to the link in my OP. This is what he said at the hearing today.

It's for real.

Video is at the link as well.

TD. Tsk, tsk. Don't expose this one to reality, he will be unable to handle it. He has already shown no capacity for it. He bullshits the truth like water on fire. More rather, it is more liken to putting a fire out with gasoline.

jeeebus, hater dupes, you're brainwashed functional morons.

Kerry was against not WAR, but the Vietnam war.
The ME beside Iran are for an attack, NOT an invasion. We're not going to take their money DUH.
Kerry's point is they support us, like most of our allies' gov'ts.

Pubs sure love spinning everything out of all relation to reality, and YOU ignorant chumps swallow ALL of it. Fecking jackasses...

Last edited:
jeeebus, hater dupes, you're brainwashed functional morons.

Kerry was against not WAR, but the Vietnam war. The Arabs beside Iran are for an attack, NOT an invasion. We're not going to take their money DUH.

Enlighten us... why do you say that?

Others have presented EXCELLENT reasons why we should NOT engage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back