Kerry:Arab countries offering to pay America for invading Syria

Yes, nSaudi Arabia and Qatar wouldlike nothing more than to see Assad toppled. It doesn't have shit to do with chemical weapons. it's about energy, religion and dominance in the ME. The only remaining question is, what's in it for the US elitists.

I see a lot of focus is being placed on the offering money aspect of the statement. I can understand that because it is deplorable that our military should be turned from freedom fighters to mercenaries. Not only that, it would eliminate the divine protection our troops may otherwise have.

But i think the more telling aspect of the statement is that this is a payment for a Full scale invasion. Something the White House has been swearing is not going to happen, but we can clearly see Secretary Kerry (And in turn the administration) has been contemplating full scale invasion.

Should we be wondering if the Administration is telling the truth about their plans in Syria? I think we should.

They are lying. Because if Assad falls they have already calculated it would take at least 75,000 troops on the ground to secure Syria's chemical weapons.

Apparently this has been a long range project all along.

Check it out:

Securing Syria's chemical weapons facilities would take 75,000 ground troops - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

You tied me in with that post. Fuck you.

And if you can't tell the difference between a United Nations sanctioned intervention to free the people of Kuwait and Arab states offering money to Obama for America to be a "hit man" to remove Assad you are a fool.

Oh wait. You're a progressive. Never mind.
I keep forgetting, it's always different when the GOP does the EXACT same thing. :cuckoo:

In the UN sanctioned first Gulf war? In the NATO action in Afghanistan? In the invasion of Iraq by the Coalition of the Willing?

What are you talking about?

Right now maybe just maybe Hollande will stand with you over *cough* punishing Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons and risk breaking International Law.

But no one else to date is jumping on board.
I'll quote your earlier rationalization for Bush to use our military as mercenaries.

"Of course those that could not participate with their military donated funds to accomplish this mission."

It's disgusting that they want to pay our military to do their dirty work for them. For years, the liberals have resented America being a super power and wanted to change that. Obama has done well with that agenda. Now we are supposed to act like the world police again. Funny how we are hated, yet no country hesitates to call on us when they need to.

If anything, we should send a few drones in to target Assad, but they now say that drones aren't effective enough, so we must risk American lives to do the job. Will the left cry over the collateral damage when more innocents are killed in the process? The same people who cried over terrorists enduring enhanced interrogation are more than ready to send our troops to die for al Qaeda's sake. It doesn't get any more fucked up than that.

Why don't other countries step up to the plate? If any of them want this done, they can handle it. I don't think helping al Qaeda should be something we even consider. Fuck 'em.

There have been countless murders of innocent people and I'd like to know why this time Obama cares. I get sick to think it's because of some creepy loyalty to the radical Muslims.

The moonbat messiah doesn't give a shit.

His agenda is clearly working as well.

No one is talking about the WH scandals are they?

I keep forgetting, it's always different when the GOP does the EXACT same thing. :cuckoo:

In the UN sanctioned first Gulf war? In the NATO action in Afghanistan? In the invasion of Iraq by the Coalition of the Willing?

What are you talking about?

Right now maybe just maybe Hollande will stand with you over *cough* punishing Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons and risk breaking International Law.

But no one else to date is jumping on board.
I'll quote your earlier rationalization for Bush to use our military as mercenaries.

"Of course those that could not participate with their military donated funds to accomplish this mission."

Get back to me when you can prove any of those countries who were backing the UN sanctioned mission to save the people of Kuwait from Saddam asked for regime change.

They didn't. Did GH Bush pursue Saddam and depose him? No.

On the other hand your dear leader is talking regime change AGAIN. As if he hadn't already screwed up Egypt and Libya with his bullshit Arab Spring crap.

Apples and oranges and you bloody well know it.

:lol:

Ever heard of voting?

Voting? We get to vote on the money we spend as a nation? LMAO.
Dude, you might get to control how YOUR money is spent. If you'd get a fuking job.

And you know what. IF I were an Arab nation and had watched us invade and destroy Iraq for no good reason, I would ask us IF we wanted to be a mercenary Army for the Arabs.

We already did it once. Why not again. Except the first time, Dick Cheney said it was the Iraqi oil money that would pay for our war. The damn liar.

And to those that supported war in Iraq and now have "seen the light" as to the futility of war in the ME, fuk off.

Far as I know, I am the only poster on here that adamantly opposed Iraq and oppose Syria.And to those Dems that want us to bomb Syria. You are wrong. Let them kill themselves. It is what they do best. And makes no difference to us. They ain't our problem. Or shouldn't be.

there are at least two of us, probably many more.

I suppose there are many of us.

This is appalling.

What has America become in the eyes of the world that any country could believe she could be bought as a mercenary?

It's Kerry's testimony. It's sickening because he seems proud of the offer. He says they won't take the money, but he's happy enough to reveal it.

Sweet Lord what kind of madness is this?

John Kerry reveals Arab countries have offered to PAY America to carry out full-scale invasion of Syria

By David Martosko

PUBLISHED: 21:20 GMT, 4 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:49 GMT, 4 September 2013

Secretary of State John Kerry said during a hearing Wednesday in the House of Representatives that counties in the Arab world have offered to foot the entire bill for a U.S. military mission that destroys the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria.

'With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assist, the answer is profoundly yes,' Kerry said. 'They have. That offer is on the table.'

Kerry, with a cadre of anti-war activists sitting behind him and holding red-painted hands aloft in protest, declined to name the countries that have proposed opening their purses.

Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen had asked Kerry to comment on the expenses related to carrying out attacks on Syria if Congress were to authorize them.

Following through on a use-of-force resolution, she said, 'could potentially cost ... billions.'

But Kerry said other nations that see Assad as a destabilizing force in the region have proposed to cover the costs.

As for 'the details of the offer, and the proposal on the table,' Ros-Lehtinen asked Kerry, 'what are the figures we are talking about?

'We don’t know what action we [will be] engaged in right now,' Kerry replied, 'but they have been quite significant. I mean, very significant.'

'In fact, some of them have said that if the U.S. is prepared to go do the whole thing, the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost. That’s how dedicated they are to this.'

'Offer is on the table' for Arab countries to pay for full-scale U.S. invasion of Syria, says Secretary of State John Kerry | Mail Online

What kind of a price do you put on the loss of American Life? Where are these Arab Countries when we look for a coalition?

Let the Arab League get rid of Assad.

Oh wait. I forgot. They would have to send their troops and sacrafice their blood and treasure. I'm sure thats Not on their agenda. Never mind.

here's a great idea:

let the Arabs handle their own mess.

I agree.

Isn't that what the Arab League is for?? Let them get their hands covered in blood. Let them sacriefice their own blood and treasure.

Personally I could give shit one if the whole of the ME drops dead.

Think of all the problems that would solve. No more ME. No more AQ and no more jihadists.

The world would be a much better place.

Forum List

Back