Key inflation cause: Republican policy

...and a 22 year financial advisor/CFP, ChFC/CLU, 7/63/65.

Tell me, what is your education, training, background and practical experience in analyzing and acting on markets & economics?

:popcorn:
Ugh. I once hired one of those, and it was a complete waste of money. I did just as well with the half I managed myself with diversified ETFs and a couple of bond funds.

The economy was in the shitter. We didn't need to import a lot of oil because nothing was happening. That's the main reason why we have those figures.
Look everyone an excuse.

Biden took over during that shitstorm and built back the oil industry to peak output and made us oil independent. We export more than ever now. Thanks Biden!

The whole thing is nauseating. I tried to have a discussion with a liberal this weekend who disagrees with the idea that people should have jobs. She truly believes that work should be an option for people who want to do, and that we (taxpayers) should support them if they’d rather not. When I started to explain the problem with that, she put up her hand and said she doesn’t want to hear about Republicans’ opinions. It’s a form of silencing and why Democrats can’t see what is wrong with their cockamamie opinions…..they refuse to hear the opposing side.

I'm sure most people in your life are tired of listening to you...

But there's enough wealth to go around to give everyone a guaranteed income if we wanted to go that route.

The real problem is you are fine with white people welfare like Social Security and Medicare... just not welfare for poorer people who actually need it.

But there's enough wealth to go around to give everyone a guaranteed income if we wanted to go that route.

The real problem is you are fine with white people welfare like Social Security and Medicare... just not welfare for poorer people who actually need it.
/——/ Even in your glorious communist utopia, if you don’t work you don’t eat. And the guaranteed income is barley sufficient to exist on. You want that, then move to a third world hell hole. No one is stopping you.

Who is going to be paying for those higher taxes? Specifically, where do the dollar bills come from?

Biden wants to raise taxes on corporations and the rich. I'm sure that will be one he has to concede though in the debt ceiling negotiations. But I like the strategy. Suggest it and then take it off the table in the negotiations. Protect social security and medicare which you know Republicans want to defund.

/——/ Even in your glorious communist utopia, if you don’t work you don’t eat. And the guaranteed income is barley sufficient to exist on. You want that, then move to a third world hell hole. No one is stopping you.
Let's get real... Even in this "Capitalist" utopia, the Labor Participation rate is only 63% and never got above 69%.

In past times, the rate was as low as 58%.

We might well be approaching a time when none of us need to work, because everything this being done by automation.

Biden wants to raise taxes on corporations and the rich. I'm sure that will be one he has to concede though in the debt ceiling negotiations. But I like the strategy. Suggest it and then take it off the table in the negotiations. Protect social security and medicare which you know Republicans want to defund.
Once again, I'll slowly type, " Who will be paying for those higher taxes? Specifically, where do the dollar bills come from?"

How much more should "rich" people pay?

2023-03-09%20Heritage-L.jpg

2055612549-quote-most-poor-people-earn-more-than-minimum-wage-when-they-are-working-their-problem-is-not-low-wages-joseph-stiglitz-269966-S.jpg

Let's get real... Even in this "Capitalist" utopia, the Labor Participation rate is only 63% and never got above 69%.

In past times, the rate was as low as 58%.

We might well be approaching a time when none of us need to work, because everything this being done by automation.
2023-05-08_18-25-27-XL.jpg

How long before President Biden returns our Labor Participation Rate to where it was before Communist China unleashed COVID on the world? FYI, that would be January of 2020.

Once again, I'll slowly type, " Who will be paying for those higher taxes? Specifically, where do the dollar bills come from?"

Why do you care what the burden is at the top 1%? I am well into the dark blue and paid 22% in taxes and it was a high percentage year for me. You know how much my life would change at 28% or 35%? Zero. That chart means nothing. What matters is what percent of your discretionary spending is your taxes? For someone making 43K 10% is a bunch. 35% in the blue though is not affecting anyone’s life.

Why do you care what the burden is at the top 1%? I am well into the dark blue and paid 22% in taxes and it was a high percentage year for me. You know how much my life would change at 28% or 35%? Zero. That chart means nothing. What matters is what percent of your discretionary spending is your taxes? For someone making 43K 10% is a bunch. 35% in the blue though is not affecting anyone’s life.
As you know, someone earning less than $43,000 a year pays nothing in Federal Income Tax.I realize you enjoy your free ride but I strongly believe that EVERYONE should have some skin in the game.

Why do you believe that half our citizens should get a free ride? Shouldn't everyone who benefits from living in this great country help foot the bill?

Largess-L.jpg

You mean there’s enough rich people to pay out money for those who refuse to even get a job.

You mean there’s enough rich people to pay out money for those who refuse to even get a job.

There certainly are... and they don't pay anywhere near their fair share to start with.

Let's be blunt, Lisa. You don't work now, you are getting social security. And I suspect when you did work, it consisted of maybe two hours of work a day and six hours of gossiping about the families of the kids at the school you worked for.

the real problem is, of course, is that people just aren't signing up for the crap jobs flipping burgers anymore. And why should they?

Taxes will eat into corporate profits. They can't pass all the taxes on to us. Maybe the CEO will only make $19 million this year not $20 million.

And I don't even care. Pass it on to consumers! Consumers have a choice to buy or not buy. If they want it that bad they'll pay more. But don't bankrupt our country because you are afraid CEO's are going to pass on the costs to us. I'll type slowly for you. They'll raise the prices anyways. Even if you give them all the tax breaks in the world. Don't be dumb.

Taxes will eat into corporate profits. They can't pass all the taxes on to us. Maybe the CEO will only make $19 million this year not $20 million.

And I don't even care. Pass it on to consumers! Consumers have a choice to buy or not buy. If they want it that bad they'll pay more. But don't bankrupt our country because you are afraid CEO's are going to pass on the costs to us. I'll type slowly for you. They'll raise the prices anyways. Even if you give them all the tax breaks in the world. Don't be dumb.
/----/ "They can't pass all the taxes on to us. "
Oh yes, they can, and they do.

Forum List

Back