Kid gets thrown in North Korean Jail for 15 years

His issue is getting busted --- not making the visit.
No, his issue is breaking the law.

So in fairness, the guy at the Trump rally who broke the law in a much more serious manner, beating up a protester,

should get 20 years?

That about right?
LOL. Seriously. What the living fuck does this have to do with a Trump rally?

Wishful thinking on the part of the Left. They envy Lil' Kim.

So in fairness, the guy at the Trump rally who broke the law in a much more serious manner, beating up a protester,

should get 20 years?

That about right?

You made it relevant with your retarded spew.

should get 20 years?

That about right?

You made it relevant with your retarded spew.
This isn't North Korea so you're full of shit.

another thing that annoys me is that it is my ASSUMPTION that many of the pastors or visitors to iran and other hellholes are 'dual citizens' to the hell hole that they escaped and the USA . Just annoys me as I hate the concept of DUAL citizens and when I hear a Dualie describe himself as an American , well , he is FOS in my opinion !!

If your ass-umptions annoy you --- don''t make them.

One of them being the last line, as if everybody is supposed to pick exclusive citzenship "sides" and hunker down as if they're in some kind of "war".
---------------------------------------- divided loyalties Pogo and I don't like divided loyalties . Dummies keep traveling , well they might end up in 'ervin' prison in iran , ok with me Pogo !!

"Loyalties" my ass. Life is not a freaking war. Grow up.
Travel is illuminating. To hole up in one place and refuse to see any other is to deliberately choose to remain ignorant.

I guess he isn't ignorant of north korea anymore. The funny think is is that a whole bunch of people could have told him how bad it was without the need for him to visit there.
--------------------------------------- yep , its like some don't know that there are films , books and first hand accounts , newspapers on what 'n. korea' is like SDem . Travel to hellholes like 'n.korea' doesn't make any sense Pogo .

Not if your goal is to keep your head in the sand going :lalala: no I guess it isn't.

"Films, books and first hand accounts" are all edited. NONE of them compare to personal experience. They can't.

I heard, read, watched and perused a gazillion things about Ireland before I went there. NONE of that gave me anything remotely like the experience of being there did.

See, I live in the world of real life experience. You might look into it sometime.

and the pastors that go back to iran to visit Grannie are also dummies . Same for the hikers that hike close to the 'iranian' border and get picked up as spies . All dummies in my opinion .

I kind of think that people believe all the propaganda that the United States is evil and these countries are the victims of US evil. They then think nothing bad can happen to them because all of the terrible stories they hear are nothing but US propaganda and the byproduct of 'hate'. I suspect that is how some of these people might see it which may explain the 'stupidness' of their actions.

Really? What an absurd comment.

If your ass-umptions annoy you --- don''t make them.

One of them being the last line, as if everybody is supposed to pick exclusive citzenship "sides" and hunker down as if they're in some kind of "war".
---------------------------------------- divided loyalties Pogo and I don't like divided loyalties . Dummies keep traveling , well they might end up in 'ervin' prison in iran , ok with me Pogo !!

Travel is illuminating. To hole up in one place and refuse to see any other is to deliberately choose to remain ignorant.

I guess he isn't ignorant of north korea anymore. The funny think is is that a whole bunch of people could have told him how bad it was without the need for him to visit there.

See the guy in my video link? He left 'em smiling and blowing him kisses. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how it's a bad idea simply to GO there ----- as if they think certain kind of travel (or perhaps ALL travel) should be banned. I mean --- that's scary, in a North Korea kind of way. If you get my drift.

Because things like getting 15 years of hard labor for stealing a poster can happen to you. You didn't get that in the discussion?

OH, I see. These things just "happen". No personal responsibility or no self-control?

Yeah if that's the case one should stay in one's bubble and never go anywhere. Things .... "happen".

There are Americans who believe that it is OK to shoot and kill a kid for stealing a flag.

I read this story and was surprised at the lack of sympathy for this kid. Apparently he took a flag and he is getting 15 years for it. Really? Most of the comments we he should have obeyed the laws of other countries. I get that. The laws of any country should be followed since it kind of keeps us from descending into anarchy but what if the laws themselves were just plain unfair to begin with? It is just a symptom of a much wider problem in American society where we are becoming more and more accepting of authoritarianism. The military teaches that following orders is the highest virtue. They do that because they need obedient soldiers who will run straight into enemy gunfire on command. In the military this is useful since it is the military but outside of the military this is something really dehumanizing. Who really says that any human being can tell another human being what to do beyond what they would tolerate. I put up with my boss telling me what to do because I get paid to do a job. Obeying my boss for the sake of obedience itself is horseshit. The same goes for government. We have certain limits of how far someone else can treat us.

I've notice that penalties for minor non-violent crimes have increased in the last 20 years. Has anyone seen how outrageous the fines for minor traffic tickets have became? One day we might sentence some kid for fifteen years just because they littered somewhere and everyone will say 'that is the law'. It is going to be a sad day in America when that happens but it will happen because people have adapted the mindset that they are subservient to authority and whatever freedom they have they have because they gave it to them. Long live the people republic of America.

He is considered an enemy of the state and they do not tolerate any dissention. I think N. Koreans are supposed to openly praise Bowl Cut Jr. and not doing so is an offense. This is a country where they are told what they can and can't name their children and are only allowed certain haircuts. I also read that they must have a portrait of the pudgy little tyrant in their homes.

It's wrong on all levels to punish people for not obeying the whims of a dictator. I do wish the kid had been better informed of the oppressive rules in N. Korea. I don't know why anyone would go there in the first place. Sadly, we can't count on Obama to speak out or do anything to help the kid.

In the future, we may see the same punishment here for trying to debate the global warming science, as many scientists are doing now. The same ones who once supported it are now saying the science is seriously flawed and cannot be counted on. We may want to take a look at countries, like N. Korea, and decide whether we want to go down that road where political enemies can be jailed for freedom of speech.

This is what happens when someone grows up in a free country. It goes against our nature to conform to the insane rules of a tyrant. Of course, our radical left is slowly trying to get young people adjusted to obeying government.

I read this story and was surprised at the lack of sympathy for this kid. Apparently he took a flag and he is getting 15 years for it. Really? Most of the comments we he should have obeyed the laws of other countries. I get that. The laws of any country should be followed since it kind of keeps us from descending into anarchy but what if the laws themselves were just plain unfair to begin with? It is just a symptom of a much wider problem in American society where we are becoming more and more accepting of authoritarianism. The military teaches that following orders is the highest virtue. They do that because they need obedient soldiers who will run straight into enemy gunfire on command. In the military this is useful since it is the military but outside of the military this is something really dehumanizing. Who really says that any human being can tell another human being what to do beyond what they would tolerate. I put up with my boss telling me what to do because I get paid to do a job. Obeying my boss for the sake of obedience itself is horseshit. The same goes for government. We have certain limits of how far someone else can treat us.

I've notice that penalties for minor non-violent crimes have increased in the last 20 years. Has anyone seen how outrageous the fines for minor traffic tickets have became? One day we might sentence some kid for fifteen years just because they littered somewhere and everyone will say 'that is the law'. It is going to be a sad day in America when that happens but it will happen because people have adapted the mindset that they are subservient to authority and whatever freedom they have they have because they gave it to them. Long live the people republic of America.

one has to wonder if he will feel differently about communism

if he survives 15 years of hard labor

--LOL

We are kind of making an assumption that he likes communism. I don't think the article said anything like that.

why the (F) would one travel to North Korea

--LOL

Guess he should have found a better travel agent

I would definitely think that his travel agent will be getting fired soon.

probably not

china based

--LOL

one has to wonder if he will feel differently about communism

if he survives 15 years of hard labor

--LOL

We are kind of making an assumption that he likes communism. I don't think the article said anything like that.

why the (F) would one travel to North Korea

--LOL

Guess he should have found a better travel agent

china is the only resource perhaps

See the guy in my video link? He left 'em smiling and blowing him kisses. I'm still waiting for someone to explain how it's a bad idea simply to GO there ----- as if they think certain kind of travel (or perhaps ALL travel) should be banned. I mean --- that's scary, in a North Korea kind of way. If you get my drift.

Because things like getting 15 years of hard labor for stealing a poster can happen to you. You didn't get that in the discussion?

OH, I see. These things just "happen". No personal responsibility or no self-control?

Yeah if that's the case one should stay in one's bubble and never go anywhere. Things .... "happen".

You convinced me. Feel free to go to North Korea

Actually, I already do. I'd go anywhere to experience it, and I have wherever possible.

My original question was for anyone to explain why it's "wrong" to simply go somewhere. That's just bizarro.

Actually, I already do. I'd go anywhere to experience it, and I have wherever possible.

My original question was for anyone to explain why it's "wrong" to simply go somewhere. That's just bizarro.

Who said it was "wrong?" I didn't see that.

yep , I never said that it was wong , err WRONG I just think that its stupid to go to 'n. korea' or iran and lots more places .

yep , I never said that it was wong , err WRONG I just think that its stupid to go to 'n. korea' or iran and lots more places .

Yeah I know. You like to live in a bubble and never go anywhere.
The results of that are, shall we say, predictable.

Forum List

Back