🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids and Restaurants.....

HOWEVER, the guy in this piece is beyond ignorant. You have a pizza joynt for christ sakes, your bread and butter are families and you seek to alienate them. I hope there is a blacklash on this guy.
This is ignorant?

"Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."

If he had said.."Sucky parents who think their ill behaved, loud, obnoxious snotty brats are cute, please go elsewhere"... I might see your point

My strategy in an upscale restaurant where kids are acting up is to bring it to the attention of the restaurant manager. Speak to him/her quietly on the side and let it be known that if the noise and/or distraction continues, we will leave.

Upscale restaurants usually require reservations. When calling to make the reservation, it is the responsibility of the restaurant staff to inquire how many adults and if any children will be present. This would be the time to say, sorry, no children.

Last edited:
My strategy in an upscale restaurant where kids are acting up is to bring it to the attention of the restaurant manager. Speak to him/her quietly on the side and let it be known that if the noise and/or distraction continues, we will leave.

Upscale restaurants usually require reservations. When calling to make the reservation, it is the responsibility of the restaurant staff to inquire how many adults and if any children will be present. This would be the time to say, sorry, no children.

Exactly....in the NY case, the restaurant doesn't even have high chairs....so they don't expect people to bring children that need them. The couple had reserved a table for two and the restaurant charges $200+ up front....they couldn't get a sitter so they brought the baby. I can understand not wanting to lose the $200, but other people paid as much and deserve to eat in peace and quiet. This couple had to take turns eating, so the other one could hold the baby, and people around them had to put up with his crying.....doesn't make sense.

Pizza joints are not just for kids, though.
Yeah, really, especially where they serve beer and have TVs for customers to watch sports.....Chuck E Cheese and Cicci's is geared for people with kids....lots of noise and nobody minds the screams.

In my case, if we go to kid friendly restaurants, we expect kids to be kids but when we go to "adult" restaurants we have the expectation of kids not being kids if they are there.
Just like there are certain restaurants that seem to think they also a concert arena with their "background" music levels, we avoid them like the plague.
Not all of us are sanguine in character so while your way may work fine for you for the rest of us there are certain restaurants that should (and some do) only cater to adults.
That is true, but sometimes if you consider a different than your usual approach - it might work better, than the usual one.

When I was a kid, if we were acting up my mom or dad would take up out of the setting until we behaved. Some parent's these days don't care and won't correct the child and we're not talking about kids playing with silverware.
well, a poster above complained that the kid next table was playing with silverware and it was annoying her - at the New Years Eve dinner ( sic!!!) aren't you supposed to be light -hearted and happy at such an occasion? If at the New years Eve dinner all you see is somebody's kid playing with silverware ( not even bothering YOU) - than it is not the kid who needs help, IMHO.

And generally I agree that parents nowadays are more permissive with their kids and while it might be annoying - it is up to you to allow yourself to be annoyed or not,

Just a suggestion, as you won't be able to change the kids and the parents.

I get your drift, i.e. I know what you're saying, I don't have a problem with your approach, I do it often here on this board........ :eusa_whistle:
But you're focusing in on one minor posted event that I, and I'm sure the vast majority of us aren't discussing. Try to broaden your horizons, see that there are much worse scenarios that occur with children at restaurants than mildly annoying kid behavior, that's what the rest of us are talking about.

and would you care to enumerate those much worse scenarios as I fail to envision them.
Honestly, no sarcasm.

kids do not bother me.
even if they are running around and screaming.
I don't see that as explicitly bad behavior.
I just do not notice it.
Or, maybe, I never encountered it - I don't know as I do not pay attention to that.

If that bothers you and you can fix it with restaurant management - go for it.

Last edited:
For New Year's Eve my husband and I went to Ruth Chris at a fancy hotel in San Antonio....and of course, there was a couple with a young toddler, who, of course, wanted to play with the silverware and if told no would let out a loud yell........If you can afford to dine out at Ruth Chris, you can afford to pay a sitter.....fortunately, they were at the end of their dinner by the time our meal started arriving, or I would have been pretty miffed......

gosh, what a whiny bitch you are :lol:

And here you are whining about me being whiny......Bwahahaha....you must also be ignorant.

whine a little bit more how a toddler playing with a silverware almost ruined your New Year's Eve night. what a loser you are :lol: :lmao:

Last edited:
kids do not bother me.
I just do not notice it.
Or, maybe, I never encountered it - I don't know as I do not pay attention to that.

Apparently you are not talking about high-priced restaurants.....you don't expect to see or hear kids screaming and running around in those restaurants, so perhaps that is why you've never seen it, or it doesn't bother you.

I've been to Chuck E Cheese, and I've been around kids, my own and others, and it doesn't bother me in those places, but if I'm paying $200 for a meal....I don't expect some child banging the table with the silverware and screaming when the parent tries to take it away. If you were not to notice something like that in a swanky restaurant, then something is wrong with your hearing and your sight.

No, that is the matter of resolving the problem.

If you can't change the other people ( or kids) - change yourself. I just don't see or hear them.
A hearing aid and prescription glasses could probably solve that problem.:lol::lol:

to become a whining bitch like yourself? :lmao:

No, thank you.

You already are a whiny bitch....go read some of your posts...:lol::lol:

Exactly....in the NY case, the restaurant doesn't even have high chairs....so they don't expect people to bring children that need them. The couple had reserved a table for two and the restaurant charges $200+ up front....they couldn't get a sitter so they brought the baby. I can understand not wanting to lose the $200, but other people paid as much and deserve to eat in peace and quiet. This couple had to take turns eating, so the other one could hold the baby, and people around them had to put up with his crying.....doesn't make sense.
I agree, doesn't make sense. However, the restaurant had every right to refuse them entry as they only reserved for two. I wonder if any of the other patrons got up and left?

A hearing aid and prescription glasses could probably solve that problem.:lol::lol:

No, thank you.

an Olympic gold medalist in whining and bitching like yourself can't accuse anybody of whining - your post how the tot playing the silverware almost ruined your New Year Eve's dinner is priceless - nothing can compete :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a star whining bitch. Congratulations :lmao:

kids do not bother me.
I just do not notice it.

Apparently you are not talking about high-priced restaurants.....you don't expect to see or hear kids screaming and running around in those restaurants, so perhaps that is why you've never seen it, or it doesn't bother you.

I've been to Chuck E Cheese, and I've been around kids, my own and others, and it doesn't bother me in those places, but if I'm paying $200 for a meal....I don't expect some child banging the table with the silverware and screaming when the parent tries to take it away. If you were not to notice something like that in a swanky restaurant, then something is wrong with your hearing and your sight.

apparently not everybody is an unhappy whiny bitch like yourself :lol::lol::lol:
and apparently not everybody coming to a restaurant where the pay is 250-300 upfront is immediately looking for something to whine and complain about, like others people children :lol:
Get over yourself and maybe the world will be a bit more welcoming to you :D
and maybe you will have luck not to encounter tots playing with silverware on the New Year's Eve in an upscale restaurant :lmao:

Last edited:

No, thank you.

an Olympic gold medalist in whining and bitching like yourself can't accuse anybody of whining - your post how the tot playing the silverware almost ruined your New Year Eve's dinner is priceless - nothing can compete :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go whine somewhere else....if you don't mind screaming kids ruining your meal at McDonalds, that's your choice.....don't try to relate to situations you're not familiar with.

kids do not bother me.
I just do not notice it.

apparently not everybody is an unhappy whiny bitch like yourself :lol::lol::lol:
You seem to be more unhappy......considering most of your posts.

and apparently not everybody coming to a restaurant where the pay is 250-300 upfront is immediately looking for something to whine and complain about, like others people children :lol:
Which you probably know nothing about....you don't have to reserve a table at McD's.
Get over yourself and maybe the world will be a bit more welcoming to you :D
The world is plenty welcoming to me.....quit trying to act the "saint".....your language is akin to that of a drunk sailor.....no saint talks the way you talk.....
and maybe you will have luck not to encounter tots playing with silverware on the New Year's Eve in an upscale restaurant
I'll make sure the next time that there aren't any kids around to spoil my $200 dinner, I don't have to rely on luck....like you, at Burger King.....

Go whine somewhere else....if you don't mind screaming kids ruining your meal at McDonalds, that's your choice.....don't try to relate to situations you're not familiar with.

loser, learn some self control and you won't see playing tots in upscale restaurants like I do not.

nobody can make you more unhappy, but your own miserable self.

I would rather be around a squadron of tots than a one whiny always unhappy and always looking what to complain about ( even on a New Year's Eve sic!!!) adult like you are.

It's either half full or half empty.

Looks like you are half empty all the times :lol:

you might want to check what law of attraction is - might help you to adjust to life and be less miserable.

I'll make sure the next time that there aren't any kids around to spoil my $200 dinner, I don't have to rely on luck....like you, at Burger King.....

next time you will have much worse than a playing tot, I can guarantee you :lol:

you will never be happy and satisfied, because you are a whiny little loser and there will always be something to ruin your perfect night. or almost :lmao:

loser, learn some self control and you won't see playing tots in upscale restaurants like I do not.
You don't see them because you've never been to an upscale restaurant.....Burger King is not an upscale restaurant, moran.....:lol::lol:

nobody can make you more unhappy, but your own miserable self.
Is that the voice of experience?:lol::lol:

I would rather be around a squadron of tots than a one whiny always unhappy and always looking what to complain about ( even on a New Year's Eve sic!!!) adult like you are.
Oh, thank goodness....because I sure don't want to be around you and your moronic views.

It's either half full or half empty.
You're always empty....same thing with your head.

Looks like you are half empty all the times :lol:
That's a lot better than totally empty....like you....:lol::lol:

you might want to check what law of attraction is - might help you to adjust to life and be less miserable.

Is that what you did? I have news for you....it ain't working....you may have to check something else out....the only thing you are attracting are flies.

ok Vox. Sorry I said it. You too, Mertex. I love ya both, though.

Carry on. :lol:

Forum List

Back