🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids and Restaurants.....

I have never been shy. Screaming brats near me? I don't hestitate to tell their parents they are schmucks for not controlling their brats.

I usually interact with the brats :)

Their eyes and mouths are then a big OOOOO and they are silenced for a while ( that's a plane trick, never had to do that at the restaurant - I just do not see and hear them, I guess)

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
Scotter Gabel owns Cappy's Pizzeria in suburban Tampa, Florida.
He says he had a problem with parents letting their kids get out of control.
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
Others say it's a little heavy handed.
What do you say?

Restaurant: Keep kids quiet or get kicked out

It's their restaurant, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

/thread

It is interesting that I have never encountered those "terrorist kids" neither in the restaurants, nor on the plane.
And I have been seated in the plane next to the babies and kids quite a bit.
Less in the restaurants, or I might don't remember.

I was a terrorist kid myself :D

Then you're one of the lucky ones.

No, that is the matter of resolving the problem.

If you can't change the other people ( or kids) - change yourself. I just don't see or hear them.

It is interesting that I have never encountered those "terrorist kids" neither in the restaurants, nor on the plane.

If you can't change the other people ( or kids) - change yourself. I just don't see or hear them.

Good for you. Too bad not everyone can (or feels they should have to) emulate your "saintly" demeanor.......

All restaurants should do what this place did. Unruly kids can be taken to the park where they can scream their heads off. Personally, I am burnt out on children.

Denny's, McDonalds, Chuck E. Cheese and a few others, specifically cater to children, It's up to the owners to set the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't frequent the establishment.

Simple.

Good for you. Too bad not everyone can (or feels they should have to) emulate your "saintly" demeanor.......

*shrug*

this is a free country. You can have your evening all twisted and ruined because the kid at the next table is playing with silverware or you can just forget about the kid, relax and enjoy your company and the meal.
and that demeanor is anything but saintly. It is selfish :) I love myself too much to be distracted by someone's kid.

Last edited:

*shrug*

this is a free country. You can have your evening all twisted and ruined because the kid at the next table is playing with silverware or you can just forget about the kid, relax and enjoy your company and the meal.
and that demeanor is anything but saintly. It is selfish :) I love myself too much to be distracted by someone's kid.

In my case, if we go to kid friendly restaurants, we expect kids to be kids but when we go to "adult" restaurants we have the expectation of kids not being kids if they are there.
Just like there are certain restaurants that seem to think they also a concert arena with their "background" music levels, we avoid them like the plague.
Not all of us are sanguine in character so while your way may work fine for you for the rest of us there are certain restaurants that should (and some do) only cater to adults.
When I was a kid, if we were acting up my mom or dad would take up out of the setting until we behaved. Some parent's these days don't care and won't correct the child and we're not talking about kids playing with silverware.

*shrug*

In my case, if we go to kid friendly restaurants, we expect kids to be kids but when we go to "adult" restaurants we have the expectation of kids not being kids if they are there.
Just like there are certain restaurants that seem to think they also a concert arena with their "background" music levels, we avoid them like the plague.
Not all of us are sanguine in character so while your way may work fine for you for the rest of us there are certain restaurants that should (and some do) only cater to adults.
That is true, but sometimes if you consider a different than your usual approach - it might work better, than the usual one.

When I was a kid, if we were acting up my mom or dad would take up out of the setting until we behaved. Some parent's these days don't care and won't correct the child and we're not talking about kids playing with silverware.
well, a poster above complained that the kid next table was playing with silverware and it was annoying her - at the New Years Eve dinner ( sic!!!) aren't you supposed to be light -hearted and happy at such an occasion? If at the New years Eve dinner all you see is somebody's kid playing with silverware ( not even bothering YOU) - than it is not the kid who needs help, IMHO.

And generally I agree that parents nowadays are more permissive with their kids and while it might be annoying - it is up to you to allow yourself to be annoyed or not,

Just a suggestion, as you won't be able to change the kids and the parents.

Pizza place? Let the kids in
Parents got to be able to take the kids somewhere

Any place that has cloth napkins and serves wine?
Leave them with a sitter, we don't want to hear them

For New Year's Eve my husband and I went to Ruth Chris at a fancy hotel in San Antonio....and of course, there was a couple with a young toddler, who, of course, wanted to play with the silverware and if told no would let out a loud yell........If you can afford to dine out at Ruth Chris, you can afford to pay a sitter.....fortunately, they were at the end of their dinner by the time our meal started arriving, or I would have been pretty miffed......

gosh, what a whiny bitch you are :lol:

And here you are whining about me being whiny......Bwahahaha....you must also be ignorant.

Maybe you scare them so much they lose their voice?

Babbling doesn't count as a terrorist.

Pizza place in Florida puts out sign, if parents allow their children to run around, scream and misbehave, their party will be asked to leave.

So what is your opinion on this? I, myself, don't like the idea of going to an expensive restaurant and having to put up with a child screaming at the top of his lungs and the parents being oblivious to it. I think all pricey restaurants should have such a policy.

For those that disagree, there are places like Chuck E Cheese and Cici's Pizza among many others.

Did a restaurant owner go too far when he put up a sign telling parents to take care of their kids or face getting kicked out of his restaurant, or do you like it?
So he posted a sign that reads, "Parents, for the safety and comfort of everyone, if you allow your children to run, scream or misbehave, your party will be asked to leave."
Reaction has been mixed. Some people applaud the sign and the thought behind it.
What do you say?

It's their restaurant, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

/thread
Did I say they couldn't? Try reading first.

A hearing aid and prescription glasses could probably solve that problem.:lol::lol:

No matter how well behaved a child is or good a kid is, all of them act up at times. No parent can stop it all the time. As a parent of 4 I can relate. However, parents have to adjust and address their kids.

Common sense states that if a baby is cry uncontrollably, take the kid into the lobby or outside (in the summer) and calm the kid down. I can't stand parents that don't do that.

On the other end, make sure you get on you kids if they are acting up. Best way to make sure your kids don't act up is don't ignore them. My wife and I always include them in the conversation at restaurants.

When all else fails, give them the ipad, DS or iphone. It does the trick and I am not ashamed I do that.

I rarely take my kids to fancy restaurants because I want to enjoy the night and it's too expensive bringing kids there. However, when we do take them to fancy restaurants we prep them big time and make sure it's place they will enjoy: Maggianos, Bennihana's etc.

HOWEVER, the guy in this piece is beyond ignorant. You have a pizza joynt for christ sakes, your bread and butter are families and you seek to alienate them. I hope there is a blacklash on this guy.

Pizza joints are not just for kids, though. Maybe this guy is experiencing some really bad behavior lately...like them running along the bench seats, climbing over the table, screaming, hollering, playing tag, etc while the parents are sitting there munching their pizza and drinking beer from the pitcher blissfully ignoring the others who ARE behaving themselves.

I don't go where kids are. The noise makes me bugshit. Which is why we order pizza delivered. And if I were in a swanky restaurant and someone came in with their brood? I would get up and leave.

Anyone bringing a child should have a hold placed on their credit card for X amount, and if the children do not behave and the parents are helpless to control them, the restaurant reserves the right to ask them to leave.

What do you say?

I think it's the restaurant's prerogative.

What do you say?

I thought that was the whole idea behind Chuck E Cheese... a place to take your energetic kids so that they can be kids. There are upsides and downsides to being a parent. The downside is that you have to be responsible for their behavior. When my children were young, I simply had to accept that there were some things I simply didn't get to do.

The sign is reasonable.

Last edited:
Duct tape. Keeps their mouth shut and keeps them in their seat. Comes in lots of colors.

*shrug*

That is true, but sometimes if you consider a different than your usual approach - it might work better, than the usual one.

well, a poster above complained that the kid next table was playing with silverware and it was annoying her - at the New Years Eve dinner ( sic!!!) aren't you supposed to be light -hearted and happy at such an occasion? If at the New years Eve dinner all you see is somebody's kid playing with silverware ( not even bothering YOU) - than it is not the kid who needs help, IMHO.

And generally I agree that parents nowadays are more permissive with their kids and while it might be annoying - it is up to you to allow yourself to be annoyed or not,

Just a suggestion, as you won't be able to change the kids and the parents.

I get your drift, i.e. I know what you're saying, I don't have a problem with your approach, I do it often here on this board........ :eusa_whistle:
But you're focusing in on one minor posted event that I, and I'm sure the vast majority of us aren't discussing. Try to broaden your horizons, see that there are much worse scenarios that occur with children at restaurants than mildly annoying kid behavior, that's what the rest of us are talking about.

Forum List

Back