🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kim Davis needs to go to jail

She had that office before the Supremes legislated from the bench...

They didn't 'legislate from the bench'. They answered the two specific legal questions they were asked. Which is what they were supposed to do.

She was giving a New law that went against her Faith...

So if a court ruling conflicts with Sharia.....a Muslim can ignore it?

I'll go along with that as soon as 'sanctuary cities', business's and others go to jail for violating immigration law.
False equivalency.

Wait. Listen to what is being said. Kim Davis is picking and choosing. If ever there was a gift horse then this is it and it would end a hell of a lot of division. Unless there is some reason that we have to be divided.
Kim Davis didn't choose to license degeneracy. Kim Davis' state didn't license degeneracy.

And the laws in her state recognize the only definition of marriage possible, where the culture recognizes the human physiological standard which defines marriage as: The joining of one man and one woman.

I'll go along with that as soon as 'sanctuary cities', business's and others go to jail for violating immigration law.
False equivalency.

Wait. Listen to what is being said. Kim Davis is picking and choosing. If ever there was a gift horse then this is it and it would end a hell of a lot of division. Unless there is some reason that we have to be divided.

There's no equivalent to prosecutorial discretion with a Clerk's office. A clerk doesn't have the authority to deny any eligible person any state service. And she doesn't set the standards of eligibility. The law does.

False equivalency.

There's no equivalent to prosecutorial discretion with a Clerk's office. A clerk doesn't have the authority to deny any eligible person any state service. And she doesn't set the standards of eligibility. The law does.

You aren't listening.

False equivalency.

You aren't listening.

I'm all ears. What am I missing? For example....a gift horse that does what?

False equivalency.

You aren't listening.

I'm aware of what law does. I am very aware of what court orders are and what the Clerk's office is.

Plenty of Republicans have said Kim Davis has to go and she cannot have that position. Plenty of people on the right have acknowledged the same. You have a few that are die hard don't get it--don't want to get it and feel a need to be persecuted. You have just as many that are hearing this as a picking and choosing what rights are and who gets them and what laws are followed. Do you understand?

False equivalency.

You aren't listening.

I'm aware of what law does. I am very aware of what court orders are and what the Clerk's office is.

Plenty of Republicans have said Kim Davis has to go and she cannot have that position. Plenty of people on the right have acknowledged the same. You have a few that are die hard don't get it--don't want to get it and feel a need to be persecuted. You have just as many that are hearing this as a picking and choosing what rights are and who gets them and what laws are followed. Do you understand?

So far, yup. What is your point?

You aren't listening.

Sanctuary policies and ordinances contradict federal law. Illegal immigrants are breaking the law. Cities, specifically Sanctuary cities, break the law.

Now, you know why some of the Republican candidates have been very, very candid about being a nation of laws.

False equivalency.

Kim Davis didn't choose to license degeneracy. Kim Davis' state didn't license degeneracy.

And the laws in her state recognize the only definition of marriage possible, where the culture recognizes the human physiological standard which defines marriage as: The joining of one man and one woman.
Still trying to convince yourself, I see.

You aren't listening.

Sanctuary policies and ordinances contradict federal law. Illegal immigrants are breaking the law. Cities, specifically Sanctuary cities, break the law.

Now, you know why some of the Republican candidates have been very, very candid about being a nation of laws.
I agree with them breaking the law. Now...why isn't someone doing something about it? Filing a lawsuit or something? That's what they had to do in Kim Davis' case.....DO SOMETHING.

You aren't listening.

I tried that others have broken the law and it doesn't seem to have much impact. It's a form of "Mikey did it too."

You aren't listening.

I agree with them breaking the law. Now...why isn't someone doing something about it? Filing a lawsuit or something? That's what they had to do in Kim Davis' case.....DO SOMETHING.

There was a bill introduced to defund the sanctuary cities. I think it went to where bills go to die. The Republicans are up against other Republicans who want amnesty and the alleged Liberals and Democrats that also want amnesty. You have a group that is adamant that a "comprehensive immigration bill" isn't necessary, simply use the laws already in place.

Funding needs to be added to move the cases through the court.

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like if anything, there is an administrative issue under Kentucky law. But I don't see it amounting to violating the Federal court order.

We'll have to see whether the Judge thinks providing clear instructions not to interfere with the issuing of Civil Marriages Licenses and then upon her first day back at work she interferes with the issuing of Civil Marriage Licenses is violating the order of the court.

He could very well give her a pass and simply make his order clearer and then instruct the Deputy Clerks to resume using the correct for based on Kentucky State law and to reissue those that had been changed by Ms. Davis.

>>>>

It's been a couple of weeks since she got sprung...any homos refused a license there? It's old news and beaten to death

You aren't listening.

I tried that others have broken the law and it doesn't seem to have much impact. It's a form of "Mikey did it too."

Well, just as a heads up, it doesn't work real well if you get pulled over or at least not for me. :eusa_angel:

It's been a couple of weeks since she got sprung...any homos refused a license there? It's old news and beaten to death

Per Kim Davis, every gay couple has been denied a license since she was released.

As she altered the licenses to remove her name. And per Kim, none of those licenses are legally valid.

Kim's attorneys are claiming that the licenses are not legally valid. Kim is claiming that they are not valid in the eyes of god. I'm ok with that, because I don't think that Kim is on board with christ, either.

Forum List

Back