Knoxville votes out three city council members for caving to atheists

The committee is supposed to protect the city . They did by not opening them up to a lawsuit that's a slam dunk win for the other side.

The display has a big white cross ! How many cases have been settled on this very issue/facts ?

Stop already! Although what else can you expect from a redneck hillbilly town?

Imagine that. The citizens vote to uphold the honor of veterans and a shitbird comes along and calls them names. Must be an Obama voter.

Yep.

The fear of a lawsuit causing harm to the community is a real one though.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

The verdict doesn't matter.

It's really a type of legal oppression with legal costs as a weapon.

Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.
Well if it illegal to put up the cross .........

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
Not every vet is or was a cross groveler, many died who were other or no religions defending this country

Beaufort+National+Cemetery+5+2008+CBlog.jpg

Atheist headstone

1947946219.jpg

Headstones.png

I guess you missed the qualifier in my statement, maybe you do a refresher on reading comprehension.

The story comes out of Knoxville city Iowa. A lone atheist became upset with a cross at a veteran's memorial and filed a complaint. The city run by democrats ordered the cross removed. This upset more then a few residents in a key primary state AGAINST democrats. Some of the local protests as seen here were quiet but to the point.
image1.jpg

Now the veterans memorial was a rather simple design that caused NO harm as seen here.
soldier_memorial-e1447227864351.jpg

THAT is what democrats in that state saw to tear down and remove. That LONE small cross barely knee high. Well they had an election there and REPLACED some democrats quite quickly.

Folks democrats attack our vets at every turn. They die on FAKE waiting lists and even in death they strip our nations vets of honor. The citizens of Knoxville city Iowa had enough of the foolishness and the stripping of honor and regard.

They acted as one and RE-took control of their city, its pride and its right to honor American hero's. I'm not sure where democrats get this idea that you can attack such people and not only get away with it but seek a vote but in the small city of Knoxville Iowa they just learned a lesson. That sh8t DON'T fly there.

A primary state, and a president putting boots on the ground in Syria and a wanna be president saying she would stand up to Putin and those VERY lives they would use would be DENIED something as simple as a LONE knee high cross at their death.
http://www.barenakedislam.com/2015/...because-the-cross-on-it-offended-some-people/

Thoughts?

The story comes out of Knoxville city Iowa. A lone atheist became upset with a cross at a veteran's memorial and filed a complaint. The city run by democrats ordered the cross removed. This upset more then a few residents in a key primary state AGAINST democrats. Some of the local protests as seen here were quiet but to the point.
image1.jpg

Now the veterans memorial was a rather simple design that caused NO harm as seen here.

THAT is what democrats in that state saw to tear down and remove. That LONE small cross barely knee high. Well they had an election there and REPLACED some democrats quite quickly.

Folks democrats attack our vets at every turn. They die on FAKE waiting lists and even in death they strip our nations vets of honor. The citizens of Knoxville city Iowa had enough of the foolishness and the stripping of honor and regard.

They acted as one and RE-took control of their city, its pride and its right to honor American hero's. I'm not sure where democrats get this idea that you can attack such people and not only get away with it but seek a vote but in the small city of Knoxville Iowa they just learned a lesson. That sh8t DON'T fly there.

A primary state, and a president putting boots on the ground in Syria and a wanna be president saying she would stand up to Putin and those VERY lives they would use would be DENIED something as simple as a LONE knee high cross at their death.

Thoughts?

I am a democrat, not a christian (nor do I feel the need to have symbols of my religion all over the place else I forget), and a veteran.

image1.jpg

Thoughts?

I am a democrat, not a christian (nor do I feel the need to have symbols of my religion all over the place else I forget), and a veteran.

Well IF you fought for freedom of speech you DID fight for that artists RIGHT to use that symbol did you not?

image1.jpg

Thoughts?

Well IF you fought for freedom of speech you DID fight for that artists RIGHT to use that symbol did you not?

Not on government property tho. That has to remain religiously neutral.

image1.jpg

Thoughts?

Would you like to guess how many tombstones at Arlington you would have to tear down to meet your demand? And those were by government.

By taking it down, they caved, rather than fight, just what the atheists were hoping would happen. They will eventually run out of money, if everyone does fight them. I guarantee you there is more money betweens the Christians in this country than among the atheists.
Seems they took it down to avoid a costly legal battle. I guess the townspeople want to waste a ton of money in court. Oh well.

image1.jpg

Thoughts?

Would you like to guess how many tombstones at Arlington you would have to tear down to meet your demand? And those were by government.

Tombstones are for individual graves. Quite a bit different, my friend. Quite a bit different.

Actually that already happened. We did something about it too -- we wrote the First Amendment.

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?

Actually I know every word of it. Your point?

What is it you fail to understand about "Congress shall pass no law"?

I have never claimed to 'fail to understand' it. You did that.

So the town violated the 1st Amendment how?
By promoting religion, which it is not allowed to do.

Yep.

The fear of a lawsuit causing harm to the community is a real one though.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

The verdict doesn't matter.

It's really a type of legal oppression with legal costs as a weapon.

Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.
Well if it illegal to put up the cross .........

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
No, military cemetaries mark graves with symbols of the individual faiths. I suppose the display in question would have been ok if there'd been an attempt to include Jews and Muslims

View attachment 54304

I'd say there was no need.

Here's a. Picture of Arlington . Same stone , but they have symbols on each one depending on the faith .
View attachment 54309

Dick Cheney Got Arlington Wrong In His Speech

"According to the Veterans Administration Web site, "Following World War I, a board of officers adopted a new design to be used for all graves except those of veterans of the Civil and Spanish-American Wars. "

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?

Actually I know every word of it. Your point?

What is it you fail to understand about "Congress shall pass no law"?

I have never claimed to 'fail to understand' it. You did that.

So the town violated the 1st Amendment how?
By promoting religion, which it is not allowed to do.

What religion was it promoting?

I saw the silhouette of a soldier kneeling at a grave.

Forum List

Back