Knoxville votes out three city council members for caving to atheists

Stop already! Although what else can you expect from a redneck hillbilly town?

Imagine that. The citizens vote to uphold the honor of veterans and a shitbird comes along and calls them names. Must be an Obama voter.

Yep.

The fear of a lawsuit causing harm to the community is a real one though.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

The verdict doesn't matter.

It's really a type of legal oppression with legal costs as a weapon.

Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.
Well if it illegal to put up the cross .........

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
Each headstone is for an individual. Sorry that you didn't get that.

So was the one in question, wasn't it. The soldier was kneeling at an individual grave.

How many times do we have to do this . The government can't promote a religion . You can't throw crosses up or whatever . Geez it's the same fight every time .

Stop already! Although what else can you expect from a redneck hillbilly town?

Imagine that. The citizens vote to uphold the honor of veterans and a shitbird comes along and calls them names. Must be an Obama voter.

Yep.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.

Actually that already happened. We did something about it too -- we wrote the First Amendment.

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?
Is that the well regulated militia part?

You tell me, you brought it up.

No --- YOU brought it up. To wit:

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?

Now you're running away.

Really, that was my response to this.

Actually that already happened. We did something about it too -- we wrote the First Amendment.

You were saying?

You tell me --- you brought it up.

The above was my response to this:

Which you'll notice is neither a claim that the town violated it -- nor was it addressed to you.

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

Actually the first amendment was written long before any challenges against religious artifacts in the public space were ever initiated. So your assertion was pure BS.

And what "assertion" might that have been, strawman-boi?

That we wrote the 1st Amendment in a response to such tyranny, when the tyranny that Correll was referring to was the bullshit expensive law suits the atheist are bringing against small towns to force them to comply with a nonexistent fabrication that they are somehow establishing a religion by placing artifacts and art depicting religious symbols on public ground.

BTW your uses of the pronoun "we" is also BS because we weren't there when the 1st was written or ratified, so "they" wrote the 1st, not "we".

Yep.

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
No, military cemetaries mark graves with symbols of the individual faiths. I suppose the display in question would have been ok if there'd been an attempt to include Jews and Muslims

View attachment 54304

I'd say there was no need.

Here's a. Picture of Arlington . Same stone , but they have symbols on each one depending on the faith .
image.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the statue

A soldier kneeling at a grave is not a religious display

Yep.

No, military cemetaries mark graves with symbols of the individual faiths. I suppose the display in question would have been ok if there'd been an attempt to include Jews and Muslims

View attachment 54304

I'd say there was no need.

Here's a. Picture of Arlington . Same stone , but they have symbols on each one depending on the faith .
View attachment 54309

And the vast majority have crosses, so it's not unusual for the artist to use a cross, is it?

No --- YOU brought it up. To wit:

Now you're running away.

You were saying?

Which you'll notice is neither a claim that the town violated it -- nor was it addressed to you.

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

Actually the first amendment was written long before any challenges against religious artifacts in the public space were ever initiated. So your assertion was pure BS.

That we wrote the 1st Amendment in a response to such tyranny, when the tyranny that Correll was referring to was the bullshit expensive law suits the atheist are bringing against small towns to force them to comply with a nonexistent fabrication that they are somehow establishing a religion by placing artifacts and art depicting religious symbols on public ground.

That's your interpretation. On an exchange you weren't even part of. My meaning was religious tyranny in general.

BTW your uses of the pronoun "we" is also BS because we weren't there when the 1st was written or ratified, so "they" wrote the 1st, not "we".

"We" = "this nation". I'm a part of it. I understand Texas reserves the right to secede but I can still use "we".

You were saying?

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

That's your interpretation. On an exchange you weren't even part of. My meaning was religious tyranny in general.

"We" = "this nation". I'm a part of it. I understand Texas reserves the right to secede but I can still use "we".

Really, that's the best you got? LMAO You weren't part of it either, until you were. Correll was responding to Tootall.

BTW the term "we" is a singular inclusive pronoun, meaning the person using it was involved.

we
[wē]

PRONOUN
  1. used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together:

Yep, it's an American cemetery for WWII dead in France. I can provide other photos from US cemeteries in other countries if you like.

Actually it is a French cemetery. Those cemeteries are maintained by those countries, you know that right?

They aren't "US Cemeteries", they are (in the example you showed) French Cemeteries maintained by France for US servicemen that died in WWII.

>>>>

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

Really, that's the best you got? LMAO You weren't part of it either, until you were. Correll was responding to Tootall.

BTW the term "we" is a singular inclusive pronoun, meaning the person using it was involved.

we
[wē]

PRONOUN
  1. used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together:

Sigh.....

we

[wee]

plural pronoun, possessive our or ours, objective us.
1. nominative plural of I.

2.(used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.

3.(used to denote people in general):
the marvels of science that we take for granted.

4. (used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the medical profession have moral responsibilities.

--- Dictionary.com
Reach in your pocket, pull out a coin.

See the words "In God We Trust"?

Who does that "we" refer to? The workers at the mint??

:banghead:

Contrarians. SMH.

Yep, it's an American cemetery for WWII dead in France. I can provide other photos from US cemeteries in other countries if you like.

Actually it is a French cemetery. Those cemeteries are maintained by those countries, you know that right?

They aren't "US Cemeteries", they are (in the example you showed) French Cemeteries maintained by France for US servicemen that died in WWII.

>>>>

Of course you have a link to counter this one. MY bold.
History | American Battle Monuments Commission

In performing its functions, ABMC administers, operates and maintains on foreign soil 25 permanent American burial grounds, and 27 separate memorials, monuments and markers, including three memorials in the United States. Presently there are 124,905 American war dead interred in these cemeteries, of which 30,922 are from World War I, 93,233 are from World War II and 750 are from the Mexican-American War. Additionally 14,907 American veterans and others are interred in the Mexico City National Cemetery, Corozal American Cemetery and Clark Veterans Cemetery. Commemorated individually by name on stone tablets are more than 94,000 American servicemen and women who were missing in action, or lost or buried at sea in their regions during World War I, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.

Poooooooooooor Baby.

we
[wē]

PRONOUN

Sigh.....

we

[wee]

2.(used to denote oneself and another or others): We have two children. In this block we all own our own houses.

4. (used to indicate a particular profession, nationality, political party, etc., that includes the speaker or writer): We in the medical profession have moral responsibilities.

--- Dictionary.com

Contrarians. SMH.

No that would include the current living "we", considering by the very definition there can be no historical "we" because it can not include the person using it, can it?

In performing its functions, ABMC administers, operates and maintains on foreign soil 25 permanent American burial grounds, and 27 separate memorials, monuments and markers, including three memorials in the United States. Presently there are 124,905 American war dead interred in these cemeteries, of which 30,922 are from World War I, 93,233 are from World War II and 750 are from the Mexican-American War. Additionally 14,907 American veterans and others are interred in the Mexico City National Cemetery, Corozal American Cemetery and Clark Veterans Cemetery. Commemorated individually by name on stone tablets are more than 94,000 American servicemen and women who were missing in action, or lost or buried at sea in their regions during World War I, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.

Counter what?

Your own quote notes that the cemeteries are on foreign soil.

If they are on foreign soil, in this case France, then it is a French Cemetery. Now it's for US Servicemen who died in the conflicts they were established for. Never said anything different. But a cemetery on French soil is a French Cemetery. It is not like an embassy (which is considered US soil) in that just because an American is buried their that it becomes US soil.

>>>>

Last edited:

we
[wē]

PRONOUN

Sigh.....

we

[wee]

--- Dictionary.com

Contrarians. SMH.

No that would include the current living "we", considering by the very definition there can be no historical "we" because it can not include the person using it, can it?

You actually need a definition for the word nationality as well? :disbelief:

Wtf do they actually DO in Texas school buildings? Shoot presidents?

Counter what?

Your own quote notes that the cemeteries are on foreign soil.

>>>>

And they are operated and maintained by the AMBC, not the governments where they are located, as you said.

we
[wē]

PRONOUN

Sigh.....

we

[wee]

--- Dictionary.com

Contrarians. SMH.

No, I'm not the one with the comprehension problem, that would be you. And instead of admitting you were wrong, you do as most regressivecrats do, keep up the denial. Carry on.

we
[wē]

PRONOUN

Sigh.....

we

[wee]

--- Dictionary.com

Contrarians. SMH.

No, I'm not the one with the comprehension problem, that would be you. And instead of admitting you were wrong, you do as most regressivecrats do, keep up the denial. Carry on.

Hey Denial Dood --
I'm not the one who's "wrong". You tried to butt in to somebody else's exchange and stepped in it. Then you actually tried to school me on what the definition of a two-letter word is. And even the dictionary defines you as "wrong".

Oh that reminds me, Dictionary.com wanted to use your avatar for it illustration next to the word "wrong". I told 'em go ahead.

Yer gonna be famous! :happy-1:

Do not attempt to argue with the Big Dic.

Forum List

Back