Knoxville votes out three city council members for caving to atheists

Actually that already happened. We did something about it too -- we wrote the First Amendment.

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?

Actually I know every word of it. Your point?

What is it you fail to understand about "Congress shall pass no law"?

I have never claimed to 'fail to understand' it. You did that.

So the town violated the 1st Amendment how?
By promoting a religion...

Actually that already happened. We did something about it too -- we wrote the First Amendment.

Yet you keep ignoring the first 5 words of that Amendment, I wonder why that is?

I didn't say the town violated it.

Yep.

The fear of a lawsuit causing harm to the community is a real one though.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

The verdict doesn't matter.

It's really a type of legal oppression with legal costs as a weapon.

Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.
Well if it illegal to put up the cross .........

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
No, military cemetaries mark graves with symbols of the individual faiths. I suppose the display in question would have been ok if there'd been an attempt to include Jews and Muslims

View attachment 54304

I'd say there was no need.
Yes, to you there is only one faith that matters, fuck everyone else...

No fuck you, the first amendment says the feds can not establish a national religion, the display didn't do that. So fuck anyone who claims it did.

Where does the 1st Amendment prohibit promoting anything, it says establish.

Where does the 1st Amendment prohibit promoting anything, it says establish.
Same thing as far as the Supreme Court is concerned. If you work for the state you do our bidding, not God's.

It's not, if it were every military cemetery in the country would be in violation, almost every headstone has a cross on it.
No, military cemetaries mark graves with symbols of the individual faiths. I suppose the display in question would have been ok if there'd been an attempt to include Jews and Muslims

View attachment 54304

No fuck you, the first amendment says the feds can not establish a national religion, the display didn't do that. So fuck anyone who claims it did.
No, fuck you, the Supreme Court is on my side. Even Oklahoma has finally figure this one out. Goodbye Ten Commandments on government property.

Here, we're even:

Conservative school board members ousted in bitter Colorado battle

"In a striking upset, voters in suburban Denver on Tuesday recalled three conservative members of a school board who had worked to weaken the local teachers union while boosting funding for charter schools and pushing through other market-driven policy changes for public schools.

By a margin of 64 percent to 36 percent, voters opted to replace Julie Williams, Ken Witt and John Newkirk, who had been elected in 2013 to form a majority power bloc on the five-member Jefferson County school board."

You tell me, you brought it up.

View attachment 54304

No, fuck you, the Supreme Court is on my side. Even Oklahoma has finally figure this one out. Goodbye Ten Commandments on government property.

Which is all commie bullshit, and you eat it with a smile.

No --- YOU brought it up. To wit:

Now you're running away.

Now you're running away.

Really, that was my response to this.

You were saying?

Now you're running away.

You were saying?

You tell me --- you brought it up.

The above was my response to this:
Someday, the people of this nation are going to get really pissed off with such tyranny.

Which you'll notice is neither a claim that the town violated it -- nor was it addressed to you.

You were saying?

Stop already! Although what else can you expect from a redneck hillbilly town?

Imagine that. The citizens vote to uphold the honor of veterans and a shitbird comes along and calls them names. Must be an Obama voter.

Yep.

The fear of a lawsuit causing harm to the community is a real one though.

Well financed libs lawyer love to drag people though long court case to punish them for not conforming to lib ideals.

The verdict doesn't matter.

It's really a type of legal oppression with legal costs as a weapon.

Each headstone is for an individual. Sorry that you didn't get that.

Now you're running away.

You were saying?

Which you'll notice is neither a claim that the town violated it -- nor was it addressed to you.

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

Actually the first amendment was written long before any challenges against religious artifacts in the public space were ever initiated. So your assertion was pure BS.

Now you're running away.

You were saying?

You were saying?

Poooooooooooor Baby.

Actually the first amendment was written long before any challenges against religious artifacts in the public space were ever initiated. So your assertion was pure BS.

And what "assertion" might that have been, strawman-boi?

Forum List

Back