Koch Brother Speaks: Hillary Preferable To Republican President

No surprise. Both parties are the same. Trump is the only outsider, that's why he's a target of every corporate donor and special interest. More reason to vote for him.

No surprise. Both parties are the same. Trump is the only outsider, that's why he's a target of every corporate donor and special interest. More reason to vote for him.
Or you could say less reason to vote for him. You do realize that special interest groups fight for the needs of the groups that they represent right? Are you saying that all gun owners shouldn't have a voice (NRA)? Or maybe you don't think that that the elderly shouldn't be considered (AARP)? Maybe perhaps American auto owners need to be disregarded (AAA)? I could go on and on. It is important to KEEP special interests as a voice in our Government not to silence them.

Now I am not here to say that they don't have an abundance of power in our government that shouldn't be watched and capped, however, that isn't Trump's platform at all.

Or you could say less reason to vote for him. You do realize that special interest groups fight for the needs of the groups that they represent right? Are you saying that all gun owners shouldn't have a voice (NRA)? Or maybe you don't think that that the elderly shouldn't be considered (AARP)? Maybe perhaps American auto owners need to be disregarded (AAA)? I could go on and on. It is important to KEEP special interests as a voice in our Government not to silence them.

Now I am not here to say that they don't have an abundance of power in our government that shouldn't be watched and capped, however, that isn't Trump's platform at all.
A potential president should be concerned about what's best for the country, not just the ones who can come up with the most money to help him get elected.

A potential president should be concerned about what's best for the country, not just the ones who can come up with the most money to help him get elected.
Correct, a potential president should be concerned about what is best for the country. So how does ignoring large portions of the population by ignoring their voices (special interests) make Trump even remotely a good candidate? The only thing that Trump has proven, thusfar, that he listens to...is his own voice. You do realize that the last businessman we had near a presidential seat was Cheney...and you do realize how he awarded his company noncompete contracts to fuel our war machine right? What has Trump done to make you think that he would operate any differently? Is there any doubt that Trump WOULDN'T use a presidential seat to benefit himself and his interests?

Let me go ahead and answer that...there is NO precedent, no evidence, no indication that Trump will do anything other than listen to himself and award himself if he were to attain political power. In fact, there is a ton of evidence to the contrary. Why do you think he spent all those years trying to buy influence from other politicians. Even he has said that is how business is done....so why would he operate any differently in office?

Voting for Trump means one thing. Trump will find ways to benefit himself and his business holdings. Everything else is a secondary consideration, don't fool yourself.

• Banned

Correct, a potential president should be concerned about what is best for the country. So how does ignoring large portions of the population by ignoring their voices (special interests) make Trump even remotely a good candidate? The only thing that Trump has proven, thusfar, that he listens to...is his own voice. You do realize that the last businessman we had near a presidential seat was Cheney...and you do realize how he awarded his company noncompete contracts to fuel our war machine right? What has Trump done to make you think that he would operate any differently? Is there any doubt that Trump WOULDN'T use a presidential seat to benefit himself and his interests?

Let me go ahead and answer that...there is NO precedent, no evidence, no indication that Trump will do anything other than listen to himself and award himself if he were to attain political power. In fact, there is a ton of evidence to the contrary. Why do you think he spent all those years trying to buy influence from other politicians. Even he has said that is how business is done....so why would he operate any differently in office?

Voting for Trump means one thing. Trump will find ways to benefit himself and his business holdings. Everything else is a secondary consideration, don't fool yourself.
Special interests are killing this country. It's time to neutralize the ones doing the most harm.

Special interests are killing this country. It's time to neutralize the ones doing the most harm.
I'd argue that special interests representing major corporations are definitely harming America. I may even go so far as to say that those special interests representing big money are "killing" this country. However, that is a far cry from saying that special interests (broadly) are killing this country. I'd say that special interests (speaking broadly) are one of the cornerstones of our nation. They are pretty much a direct representation of freedom of speech. Silencing them is one of the most un-American things you could say.

Again, I am not saying that they aren't harmful or overly powerful...however, looking to silence them is looking to pretty much dismantle one of the core freedoms of America.

He's clearly losing money on this venture.

Not the same at all. Democrats are the only ones wanting to limit how much people like the Kochs can spend to buy elections.

Outsiide of african americans, indians and poor whites (including disabled, transgendered, drug addicts etc), no one should be special interest group.

Nobody knows whether or not this has been profitable for him actually. The reason is that nobody knows how well or poorly his company is going to perform in the future. If we had time travel 20 years into the future we could say it was profitable or unprofitable for him...but until we see how it affects his company in the long run nobody has any clue.

Nobody knows whether or not this has been profitable for him actually. The reason is that nobody knows how well or poorly his company is going to perform in the future. If we had time travel 20 years into the future we could say it was profitable or unprofitable for him...but until we see how it affects his company in the long run nobody has any clue.
Pfft.

Pfft.
Seriously have you never taken a basic marketing course? You cannot know how effective your marketing campaign is until AFTER time has passed...it is literally the only way.

You do realize that the last businessman we had near a presidential seat was Cheney...and you do realize how he awarded his company noncompete contracts to fuel our war machine right?
And do you realize that Halliburton was also awarded non-compete contracts by the Clinton administration?

Not the same at all. Democrats are the only ones wanting to limit how much people like the Kochs can spend to buy elections.
Bullshit, ever heard of George Soros?

Your lack of knowledge on what we are facing is beyond pathetic........you don't have a fucking clue........

Your lack of knowledge on what we are facing is beyond pathetic........you don't have a fucking clue........
Fine. Educate me. Point towards your undeniable truth that when Trump is in office he will do all he can to use the office objectively and not give himself or his company any special considerations or special treatment.

At least part of the country has figured out both establishment parties have been screwing us over every chance they get. A bunch of these establishment politicians belong in prison! Lets amend the Constitution to make it a felony for a politician to lie or enrich themselves via their office punishable by 20 years in the slammer, see how they like that.

Forum List

Back