Koch Brothers Making Commercials Now....i'll Let The Forum "break It Down"

And there's more

Pollution:
The Political Economy Research Institute ranks Koch Industries as the fourteenth worst air polluter in the U.S. in their Toxic Release Inventory, above oil giants like BP, Shell and Chevron and large coal utilities like American Electric Power and Duke Energy. CARMA reports that Koch releases about 200,000 tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide annually.

Koch Industries environmental crimes, violations, and contamination include:

• Subsidiaries of Koch Carbon have accumulated massive piles of petroleum coke in U.S. cities like Detroit and Chicago, where the toxic dust has blown into peoples' homes from a 5-story-tall pile of petcoke. Petcoke is a byproduct of refining tar sands that is usually burned like coal. Petcoke, which is more carbon-intensive than coal, is typically exported and burned in other countries with little to no air or climate regulations. While Detroit's mayor ordered Koch to move its petcoke pile, Chicago regulators and politicians have not acted with the same urgency despite sustained local protests from community members, nurses, and threats of lawsuits from environmental groups. In response, Koch claims it will add protections to its unlined pile, which could take two years.
  • Facing "enormous" cleanup costs for soil and groundwater contamination and high crude oil prices, Flint Hills announced in 2014 that it would permanently close its North Pole refinery outside of Fairbanks, Alaska. Koch blames contamination on the refinery's previous owner, Williams Companies.
  • In May 2001, Koch Industries paid $25 million to settle with the US Government over a long-standing suit brought by Bill Koch - one of the brothers bought out in 1983 - for the company's long-standing practice of illegally removing oil from federal and Indian lands.
  • In late 2000, the company was charged with covering up the illegal releases of 91 tons of the known carcinogen benzene from its refinery in Corpus Christi. Initially facing a 97-count indictment and potential fines of $350 million, Koch cut a deal with then-Attorney General John Ashcroft to drop all major charges in exchange for a guilty plea for falsifying documents, and a $20 million settlement.
  • In 2000, the EPA fined Koch Industries $30 million for its role in 300 oil spills that resulted in more than three million gallons of crude oil leaking into ponds, lakes, streams and coastal waters.
  • In 1999 a Koch subsidiary pleaded guilty to charges that it had negligently allowed aviation fuel to leak into waters near the Mississippi River from its refinery in Rosemount, Minnesota, and that it had illegally dumped a million gallons of high-ammonia wastewater onto the ground and into the Mississippi.
  • Koch's negligence toward environmental safety has led to tragic losses of life. In 1996, a rusty Koch pipeline leaked flammable butane near a Texas residential neighborhood. Warned by the smell of gas, two teenagers drove their truck toward the nearest payphone to call for help, but they never made it. Sparks from their truck ignited the gas cloud and the two burned alive. The National Transportation Safety Board determined that "the probable cause of this accident was the failure of Koch to adequately protect its pipeline from corrosion" and the ineffectiveness of Koch's program to educate local residents about how to respond during a pipeline leak.
The inability of Koch companies to avoid pollution incidents stands in contrast with Charles Koch's "Guiding Principles" of his trademarked corporate management theory, "Market-Based Management," which states, "Strive for 10,000% compliance with all laws and regulations, which requires 100% of employees fully complying 100% of the time." This also excludes from consideration the ways in which Koch is permitted to legally pollute.

Koch Industries PolluterWatch

^:bsflag:........................:splat:

Remember a couple of years ago when Goldman Sachs was advertising about all the good they do? This is the same thing. They can probably feel the hate and figure their propaganda machine can fix it. I predict these ads will go down in flames just as the GS BS did. Then again, this country has some real dumb MFs out there.

A moment of sanity from the hufferpuffer

SNIP:
HuffPo Editor: ‘Campaigning Against Koch Brothers Is Idiotic’
Tweet
Email
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
October 6, 2014 8:12 pm
Huffington Post editorial director Howard Fineman criticized the White House’s 2014 campaign strategy and said “campaigning against the Koch brothers is idiotic.”
“I think for all of his social media savvy in the campaigns, they’ve dropped the ball in terms of really pushing this message out to targeted voters,” Fineman said told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Hardball. “I also see them wasting a lot of time running against the Koch brothers.”
Fineman tore apart the Obama administration’s approach to supporting Democratic candidates in the midterm elections and joined MSNBC host Joe Scarborough in criticizing the Democratic Party’s ineffective and counterproductive obsession with the Koch brothers.
“I’m sorry, at least to me, campaigning against the Koch brothers is idiotic, because the Koch brothers aren’t on the ballot,” Fineman said.

ALL of it here:
HuffPo Editor 8216 Campaigning Against Koch Brothers Is Idiotic 8217 Washington Free Beacon

So much blind hate. I for one think they should fire everyone and move all their jobs overseas, then the haters would just wub them!

It's like, we have Obama, the least trusted President in US history, a guy that lies almost about everything at some point... A guy that dumped billions on the rich, and I'm supposed to judge the Koch bro's because why again? Focus you peeon's.... You voted for everything you claim to hate, many of you twice.

Let me 2nd quote you..........

Almost all of the attacks on Obama have been proven to be lies. He's still a 1% drone but to call him "the least trusted President in US history" is ignorant of history.

Hey, I'm just going off polling. And to claim that almost all the attacks on Obama have been proven wrong is ignorant of history.

the whole purpose of television is to disseminate propaganda...and to distract passive, empty headed people.

Turn the stupid thing off.

SNIP:
Tweet
Email
Huffington Post editorial director Howard Fineman criticized the White House’s 2014 campaign strategy and said “campaigning against the Koch brothers is idiotic.”
“I think for all of his social media savvy in the campaigns, they’ve dropped the ball in terms of really pushing this message out to targeted voters,” Fineman said told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Hardball. “I also see them wasting a lot of time running against the Koch brothers.”
Fineman tore apart the Obama administration’s approach to supporting Democratic candidates in the midterm elections and joined MSNBC host Joe Scarborough in criticizing the Democratic Party’s ineffective and counterproductive obsession with the Koch brothers.
“I’m sorry, at least to me, campaigning against the Koch brothers is idiotic, because the Koch brothers aren’t on the ballot,” Fineman said.

ALL of it here:
HuffPo Editor 8216 Campaigning Against Koch Brothers Is Idiotic 8217 Washington Free Beacon

The Koch Brothers aren't on the ballot......they just decide who will be.

SNIP:
Tweet
Email

ALL of it here:

The Koch Brothers aren't on the ballot......they just decide who will be.

LMAO.. you think voting makes any difference?

you partisans are funny ...........sometimes.

So much blind hate. I for one think they should fire everyone and move all their jobs overseas, then the haters would just wub them!

It's like, we have Obama, the least trusted President in US history, a guy that lies almost about everything at some point... A guy that dumped billions on the rich, and I'm supposed to judge the Koch bro's because why again? Focus you peeon's.... You voted for everything you claim to hate, many of you twice.

I think America should enforce the same restrictions on Imports as it holds at home. Then we wouldn't have this dream that we are good people doing the right thing by employing people doing the bad thing.

If we can't employ 12 year olds, we shouldn't be allowed to import objects made by 12 year old work.

If we can't pollute the atmosphere, we shouldn't be allowed to import the polluters work.

It doesn't matter where it happens, it's still bad. This concept will also lower our laws and restrictions to stay competitive. We just won't be competitive beyond ignorance.
And there you have it.

A classic example of how people "think it is so easy"....but actually prove they have no clue.

I wonder how our manufacturers will do when the rest of the world stops importing our goods because we stopped importing theirs.

hmmm......

I think America should enforce the same restrictions on Imports as it holds at home. Then we wouldn't have this dream that we are good people doing the right thing by employing people doing the bad thing.

If we can't employ 12 year olds, we shouldn't be allowed to import objects made by 12 year old work.

If we can't pollute the atmosphere, we shouldn't be allowed to import the polluters work.

It doesn't matter where it happens, it's still bad. This concept will also lower our laws and restrictions to stay competitive. We just won't be competitive beyond ignorance.
And there you have it.

A classic example of how people "think it is so easy"....but actually prove they have no clue.

I wonder how our manufacturers will do when the rest of the world stops importing our goods because we stopped importing theirs.

hmmm......

How many American goods do you think the third world shit holes consume?

Last edited:
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

They are making commercials and I should be excited or outraged over this why?

So you want to impose U.S government regulations on the entire world?

Yeah, that's a great idea.

:cuckoo:

If you have regulation in the USA, you should have it on Imports. It's not rocket science.

More phoney outrage over millionaires spending their money.

I doubt Anti-Party gets this upset over any of the liberal millionaires that spend their money to advance their Agenda.

Kid, Koch Brothers spend millions/billions to control our Politicians. I don't think you know what a "Liberal" is.

^:bsflag:........................:splat:

Remember a couple of years ago when Goldman Sachs was advertising about all the good they do? This is the same thing. They can probably feel the hate and figure their propaganda machine can fix it. I predict these ads will go down in flames just as the GS BS did. Then again, this country has some real dumb MFs out there.

Same with BP. They allowed Gulf Drilling with zero thought and made commercials when it went bad. Generally the commercial states, "We care. We fixate on everything the informed know we don't care about. We just hope a select few are dumb enough to follow our commercials instead of our practices"........

^^^^^^:dance:

Forum List

Back