Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

It probably would have made a huge difference, and he would not be rich today. Then again, he's motivated scum so in this country he was on his way.
I don't think one can maintain their billions of dollars if they're incapable of creating it in the first place.
Then you would be wrong. It happens all the time. And it's exactly why Adam Smith was opposed to transferring wealth like that. It does not motivate society correctly if you can just be handed the cash by being born.
That's communistic thinking. I presume you're leaving all your wealth sand possessions to society when you die?

He's wrong. No one could restore the country. The liberal parts are like gangrene. They have to be cut off. To suggest that liberals can be dragged kicking and screaming to stability and decency is absurd.

Mr. Koch almost sounds like the working man's friend and that all his activities and altruistic in nature. What a fucking load. The actions of the politicians they support tell a different story in their zeal to destroy the welfare state and pass the savings on to fat cats.

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS & POLLUTION

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.
Wow. I wasn't aware of this. Thanks.

Funny how the liberals hate the Koch brothers. Sorry they would rather give their money to hard working people rather than people who sit on their ass at home and bum off the government.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And it's funny the Clinton administrations is the one who went public witch the Koch bother scandals.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

These guys were raised in the John Birch cult, one look at their platform is enough to know that these people are up to no good.

These guys were raised in the John Birch cult, one look at their platform is enough to know that these people are up to no good.

Oh, sure. Up tp no good. Breakin the law, evil anti-moral type no good.

:lmao:

Thank goodness we have the liberals to take the moral high....oh, wait.

Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

So the Koch boys stole millions of gallons and got a fine after tying up the case in court for years. Bet they weren't put in handcuffs like the guy below. See link below what happens to an ordinary guy that steals gas and gets caught. He's surely in the slammer unless he can make bail. Think the Kochs were treated like criminals and put in handcuffs? Two kinds of citizens. Corporate citizens and billionaires are first class. The rest of us and the guy that got caught stealing gas are second class citizens. The Kochs are the kind of criminals that republican love to protect. Go figure.

Garden Grove man arrested for stealing gas from 76 station in San Juan Capistrano | abc7.com

Albert Camus

Wbat does any of that have to do with equality before the law?
You should be on your knees offering to service both Koch brothers for all the good they've done for this country. If you lived a thousand years you wouldn't have achieved one millionth of what they have.

Daddy Koch made his money by fracking the oil fields of the USSR. Still think the Koches love the USA or money???

They love the USA.
Daddy Koch working in the USSR learned what Communism was all about and hated it.
He easily recognized what Dem's were doing here in our country because of that exposure and stared to fight against it.

Koch Brothers and the Soros's of the world are simply trying to establish a world where they can establish an environment where they can become wealthier and if it means taking advantage of the working masses or the environment, well so be it.
People are really naïve to worship these people as they are being seriously marginalized by the people they vigorously defend.

Nobody is worshipping them...good grief
you never say anything about them being made the scapegoat of the Democrat party who have seven out of the top TEN MILLIONAIRES in Congress...and their sheep doesn't blink an eye voting for and worshipping them like they do, Obama, Reid, Pelosi, who takes advantage of the working masses and the environment etc

Last edited:
I bet the left doesn't object to this though and the environment it POLLUTES...I bet every one of these Senators are invested in this in some way or another

SNIP;
April 03, 2014, 01:49 pm
Finance votes to restore wind tax credit

By Timothy Cama
The Senate Finance Committee approved Thursday a package of tax break extensions that restores the production tax credit (PTC) for wind energy, which expired in 2013.

The committee voted by voice vote to send the bill to the full Senate. It would extend the PTC for two years, along with numerous provisions that incentivize alternative fuels and energy efficiency for vehicles and homes.

Senators who support the wind industry thanked Chairman Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and ranking member Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) for including the wind credit in the bill that the committee marked up Thursday after excluding it from the draft unveiled Tuesday.

“This is vitally important to Colorado,” said Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), who sponsored an amendment to include the credit. “We’ve got upwards of 5,000 jobs in our state” from the wind industry, he said.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Congress has already harmed the wind industry by allowing the PTC to expire last year and that the harm would continue if it is not extended.

“The uncertainty it creates for the renewable industry has slowed growth in this sector,” Grassley said. “This serves only to hamper the strides made towards a viable, self-sustainable renewable energy and fuels sector.”

The panel rejected an amendment proposed by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) that would have stripped the bill of all provisions that incentivize alternative energy, including the PTC and credits for biofuel, electric vehicles, alternative fuel vehicle infrastructure and fuel cell technology.

“I don’t think we should force taxpayers to subsidize inefficient, uncompetitive forms of energy,” Toomey said. “We are simply picking winners and losers.”

Toomey said that he did not oppose alternative fuels, but he thinks "they ought to compete on a level playing field.”

ALL of it here
Finance votes to restore wind tax credit | TheHill

Wbat does any of that have to do with equality before the law?
You should be on your knees offering to service both Koch brothers for all the good they've done for this country. If you lived a thousand years you wouldn't have achieved one millionth of what they have.

Daddy Koch made his money by fracking the oil fields of the USSR. Still think the Koches love the USA or money???

They love the USA.
Daddy Koch working in the USSR learned what Communism was all about and hated it.
He easily recognized what Dem's were doing here in our country because of that exposure and stared to fight against it.
With love like that you get a Restraining Order.

They love the USA.
With love like that you get a Restraining Order.

Awesome analogy, the assholes are stalking us.

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society - WSJ.com

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

It's quite obvious to me why the bed wetters are so totally consumed with hatred for this man. I enjoyed the piece, and encourage anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Kock Bro's agenda to read it and make up your own mind.

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking.

Hey Pete, what did you expect the guy to say? That he is EVERY evil thing that people say he is? Not likely. But actions do speak louder than words.

Watch what he does. Not what he says.

How about kidnapping?

Billionaire William Koch Accused Of Kidnapping And Imprisoning Executive On Colorado Ranch - Forbes

I've heard that the Kochs also eat spit-roasted babies and DON'T FLOSS!

Forum List

Back