Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

So, Lake Mead is turning into a mud puddle because of illegal immigrants? Man, this thread has hit the high ground.
Tell them to Bring their own water when they violate our laws...........

You failed Geometry didn't you? Volume specifically...........Never ending cup of STUPIDITY.

So, make it simple for me. How does this argument go? The west coast is running out of water due to millions of illegal immigrants? They use more water than "real Americans" because they get really dirty picking our crops and like long showers. And, of course, there are all those fluids to be prepared and consumed for Cinco de Mayo. Is that about it? What'd I miss?

So, make it simple for me. How does this argument go? The west coast is running out of water due to millions of illegal immigrants? They use more water than "real Americans" because they get really dirty picking our crops and like long showers. And, of course, there are all those fluids to be prepared and consumed for Cinco de Mayo. Is that about it? What'd I miss?
You live in a desert which by definition has LIMITED WATER............Too many after a limited Supply...........YOU ARE FUCKED.

There ya go.........simple enough for you.

th

You live in a desert which by definition has LIMITED WATER............Too many after a limited Supply...........YOU ARE FUCKED.

There ya go.........simple enough for you.

th
And you think illegal immigrants are an uwarranted strain on resources. I've got a question for you. Higher portions of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are desert than California and they are all border states. Why are they not having such problems?

And you think illegal immigrants are an uwarranted strain on resources. I've got a question for you. Higher portions of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are desert than California and they are all border states. Why are they not having such problems?
Because they are not stupid and make arrangements to get more water...........And much of Texas has plenty of Rain and very large rivers are not far to the east.

The Colorado River just doesn't have the capacity for the large pops of California.

Cali via the Green Freaks like you.............Don't allow Desal plants which are used all over the world to produce Fresh Water and then go we are thirsty.

This is what I think of them.

I have not expressed any opposition to desalination plants though I think some of the concerns expressed could be addressed. I am also a strong proponent of nuclear power.

Given that the drought is not likely to end any time soon, the west will have to act. There is no single solution (unless you think we could easily relocate 20 or 30 million people in the next year or two). Rationing will be involved, trade-offs between drinking water, hydroelectric power, agriculture and endangered riverine species will have to be sorted (likely to the satisfaction of no one) and, very likely, desalination. Desalination, however, will not be a large player. The costs for energy to desalinate enough water to make up for the current shortcoming would likely be in the hundreds of billions of dollars. And given the imminent loss of Meade's and Powell hydroelectric output, it is energy the state can hardly afford.

I have family in California. We have not talked about this issue but I suspect, if it gets bad enough, they will move elsewhere. Of course, they have the financial wherewithal to do so. Many people do not. I think it might be a good idea, along with all the other slings and arrows cast at this problem, to consider supporting reductions in GHG emissions that are responsible for the severity of the drought that has triggered all this.

Just a thought to those singlularly concerned with the population drawing on those limited water resources: the drawdown of Meade and Powell does NOT correlate with any population surge. It DOES correlate with the loss of rainfall in the extended drought.

--Just another stupid democratic green freak

Because they are not stupid and make arrangements to get more water.

You....surely...must know that .......Arizona ;;;;;;; has a water agreement.....,,,,,,...,,,with California in regards to the Colorado River.....right? ;;;;;,,,,,,,.......

Cali via the Green Freaks like you.............Don't allow Desal plants which are used all over the world to produce Fresh Water and then go we are thirsty.

Shouldn't....you know....the possible downsides......to a technology before....you.......;;;;;recommend it?

You....surely...must know that .......Arizona ;;;;;;; has a water agreement.....,,,,,,...,,,with California in regards to the Colorado River.....right? ;;;;;,,,,,,,.......

Shouldn't....you know....the possible downsides......to a technology before....you.......;;;;;recommend it?
Yeah I do.

Doesn't change the math equation for them.

Possible downsides.................LMAO........you run out of water you IDIOT.

Yeah I do.

Doesn't change the math equation for them.

Possible downsides.................LMAO........you run out of water you IDIOT.

The funniest part is no matter where you live in the USA YOU will suffer as well. Do you eat....FOOD? Yeah, much of the agricultural output of the US has been put in the Central Valley.

Enjoy laughing at the folks in Cali for their stupidity when you are unable to get almonds or afford most vegetables at the grocery store.

LOLOL

The funniest part is no matter where you live in the USA YOU will suffer as well. Do you eat....FOOD? Yeah, much of the agricultural output of the US has been put in the Central Valley.

Enjoy laughing at the folks in Cali for their stupidity when you are unable to get almonds or afford most vegetables at the grocery store.

LOLOL
If we cant grow vegetables in california due to lack of rain we’ll grow them in other states that do have water

They may cost a little more but not as much as some might imagine

I have not expressed any opposition to desalination plants though I think some of the concerns expressed could be addressed. I am also a strong proponent of nuclear power.

Given that the drought is not likely to end any time soon, the west will have to act. There is no single solution (unless you think we could easily relocate 20 or 30 million people in the next year or two). Rationing will be involved, trade-offs between drinking water, hydroelectric power, agriculture and endangered riverine species will have to be sorted (likely to the satisfaction of no one) and, very likely, desalination. Desalination, however, will not be a large player. The costs for energy to desalinate enough water to make up for the current shortcoming would likely be in the hundreds of billions of dollars. And given the imminent loss of Meade's and Powell hydroelectric output, it is energy the state can hardly afford.

I have family in California. We have not talked about this issue but I suspect, if it gets bad enough, they will move elsewhere. Of course, they have the financial wherewithal to do so. Many people do not. I think it might be a good idea, along with all the other slings and arrows cast at this problem, to consider supporting reductions in GHG emissions that are responsible for the severity of the drought that has triggered all this.

Just a thought to those singlularly concerned with the population drawing on those limited water resources: the drawdown of Meade and Powell does NOT correlate with any population surge. It DOES correlate with the loss of rainfall in the extended drought.

--Just another stupid democratic green freak

Most of this is right, just taking exception to the statement "Given that the drought is not likely to end any time soon ... "

Actually, the drought could break tomorrow, and California could be seeing major floods by Wednesday next ... that happened about ten years ago in Oregon ... the year the Klamath ran dry ... officials scheduled a big meeting which had to be cancelled ... so many of the roads got washed out with the onset of flooding ... that happen this year to a lessor extent, bone dry March and near flooding rains in April ... what ever drought plans folks had have been cancelled ...

It's different in the Colorado River basin ... I understand ... and Utah, South Nevada, Arizona are in deep trouble ... it may be years, it may be never, that these two great water storage reservoirs refill ...

Golf courses ...

If we cant grow vegetables in california due to lack of rain we’ll grow them in other states that do have water

That would be nice. And we certainly have arable land east of the 100th Meridian, but the reason the US put so much of its agriculture in the Central Valley was an extended growing season (so you have more cheap veggies more of the year no matter where you are in the US) and also easy access to migrant (ie undocumented) labor.

Either way; prepare for the pain. I'm not saying the Central Valley was the best place to establish this much of our ag infrastructure but for the other poster who calls the Californians "idiots" and seems to think the problems are those of the Californians, they are wrong.

When Cali starts to collapse because of water issues it will ripple across the entire USA and everyone will feel it.

Guess we might find out sooner than we like. I understand that hope springs eternal, but the cost is seldom factored in there.

LOLOL
I live in farmland Moonbat.

Doesn't change the fact that the people out there are IDIOTS............they need to deal with the situation........Crying GLOBAL WARMING doesn't create water MOONBAT.....and if it did in floods you would still have to desal it.

It's more profitable to grow animal fodder in Iowa ... but all manner of foods grow there in great abundance ... but the food has to be canned or frozen ... fresh vegetables in February come from California or overseas ... I don't know why Alabama doesn't grow much in the way of human food other than peanuts and cotton ...

Cut meat consumption by 90% ... and the problem is solved ...

That would be nice. And we certainly have arable land east of the 100th Meridian, but the reason the US put so much of its agriculture in the Central Valley was an extended growing season (so you have more cheap veggies more of the year no matter where you are in the US) and also easy access to migrant (ie undocumented) labor.

Either way; prepare for the pain. I'm not saying the Central Valley was the best place to establish this much of our ag infrastructure but for the other poster who calls the Californians "idiots" and seems to think the problems are those of the Californians, they are wrong.

When Cali starts to collapse because of water issues it will ripple across the entire USA and everyone will feel it.

Guess we might find out sooner than we like. I understand that hope springs eternal, but the cost is seldom factored in there.
Do you have a better solution?

It's more profitable to grow animal fodder in Iowa ... but all manner of foods grow there in great abundance ... but the food has to be canned or frozen ... fresh vegetables in February come from California or overseas ... I don't know why Alabama doesn't grow much in the way of human food other than peanuts and cotton ...

Cut meat consumption by 90% ... and the problem is solved ...
Corn fields and watermelon crops........You pick them grows everything down here..........Pay by the bushel and you pick it. Okra.........Squash........Green Beans.......

Funny.....while Cotton is a money crop we still have the others........imagine that............Not to mention farmers paid to NOT FARM.

One thing about Alabama.........we have PLENTY OF WATER........And Pine forests that can be used as wood and plowed for food.............VAST AREAS FOR IT.

Forum List

Back