Lakers Suck!

There’s no quick fix for the Lakers. At LeBron’s urging, they jettisoned all their young talent for Davis, Westbrook, Anthony, etc. As far as value, they’re left with just a couple of first round picks that they really can’t afford to trade away now.

The Lakers fucking suck and I am sick of it! If Jeannie doesn't fire Rob, then she needs to step down.
The rest of the country is loving this. Same watching Yianni beat up Keven Durant. Retire old men. Even Lebron. Still a god, but tired. Old. Slow. Not hungry.

Perkins said NJ might trade LA for Westbrook and 2 first round draft picks. Something like 2024 and 2026 draft picks. If NJ does, they'll take Westbrook but pay him to stay home. They just wanted the picks. Westbrook they say is a stubborn guy who won't take on a new role. He has to be alpha and he's no longer alpha.

It's like watching the Yankees and that overpaid roster flop in the playoffs.

Or it reminds me of the year Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone and Co lost to my Piston's in the finals. That used to be considered the biggest choke in LA history but last year made that year look like a success. At least they made the finals. This is so wonderful to see Lebron on a non playoff team after him making the playoffs for what 30 years? LOL. Finally he's what I always said I'd do at the end of my career if I was a HOF player. I'd go to the worst team and just sit the bench rather than retire. Or they can play me when they need me. But I'm not the guy anymore. Just a rich guy too young to retire.

So you're a LA fan? It's going to be a long year. And every team plays the Lakers hard like it's a playoff game. A normal away game for Lebron is a big game for his opponents. They want to show off to the crowd at home. I love it when a sport great gets old and the younger guys pray on him.

I thought it couldn't get worse than last year. At first I was hoping maybe LA would be good enough to challenge the Warriors and other rising teams but doesn't seem like it. But Phoenix did whip the Warriors the other day so maybe they can beat them this year. Or Clippers when Kwhai is better. Or Pelicans if Zion can stay healthy

The problem is AD is made of glass, LeBron is old, and there’s not enough shooting or talent for the Lakers to be considered a good team. LeBron wants to pretend he didn’t have a hand in determining his teammates, when the reality is he’s the de facto GM
I don't see the fire in AD's eyes. Westbrook can't shoot. He's lost a step and it shows. Sad when that day comes. Lebron too. He's still one of the best in the league but the younger kids are just faster and more hungry.

I don't see the fire in AD's eyes. Westbrook can't shoot. He's lost a step and it shows. Sad when that day comes. Lebron too. He's still one of the best in the league but the younger kids are just faster and more hungry.
Yeah the lakers don’t even look like a playoff team

Yeah the lakers don’t even look like a playoff team

The Los Angeles Lakers lost 49 games last season, finished 11th in the Western Conference and made no off season upgrades to their roster, so why is anyone surprised they have been so bad to start this season? This is just who the Lakers are now.

The only one who should be surprised is Jeanie Buss, who gave GM Rob Pelinka a contract extension in the midst of this precipitous fall from grace.

The Lakers did not own a first-round draft pick in June, because they traded a decade's worth for Anthony Davis, who delivered them a championship in 2020. Since then, they have butchered the roster so badly that the New Orleans Pelicans are licking their chops at the thought of receiving three consecutive top-10 picks from L.A., including the possibility of swapping into the Victor Wembanyama sweepstakes in 2023.

Without picks to retool around Davis and LeBron, who also just received an extension that will take him through his 40th birthday, the Lakers turned to free agency, where the $6.5 million taxpayer mid level exception was their best chance to add talent. They used it to sign Lonnie Walker IV, a 3-and-D player who neither makes threes nor plays D, and to whom the San Antonio Spurs would not even tender a qualifying offer.

After swapping one misfit collection of role players for another in free agency, the Lakers used their only mid-tier contract to acquire 34-year-old guard Patrick Beverley, whose beef with Westbrook has been one of the league's juiciest for almost 10 years. They have publicly mocked each other's accomplishments.

Oh, and the Lakers also re-signed Dennis Schroder, who said after his 2020-21 stint with the Lakers, "I don't think I fit in 100%," and has struggled to find NBA work ever since.

Not only did the Lakers retain a player who subverted their chances of making the playoffs last season, they traded for the one player he might dislike most in the NBA and signed another who may do his job even worse.

The Los Angeles Lakers lost 49 games last season, finished 11th in the Western Conference and made no off season upgrades to their roster, so why is anyone surprised they have been so bad to start this season? This is just who the Lakers are now.

The only one who should be surprised is Jeanie Buss, who gave GM Rob Pelinka a contract extension in the midst of this precipitous fall from grace.

The Lakers did not own a first-round draft pick in June, because they traded a decade's worth for Anthony Davis, who delivered them a championship in 2020. Since then, they have butchered the roster so badly that the New Orleans Pelicans are licking their chops at the thought of receiving three consecutive top-10 picks from L.A., including the possibility of swapping into the Victor Wembanyama sweepstakes in 2023.

Without picks to retool around Davis and LeBron, who also just received an extension that will take him through his 40th birthday, the Lakers turned to free agency, where the $6.5 million taxpayer mid level exception was their best chance to add talent. They used it to sign Lonnie Walker IV, a 3-and-D player who neither makes threes nor plays D, and to whom the San Antonio Spurs would not even tender a qualifying offer.

After swapping one misfit collection of role players for another in free agency, the Lakers used their only mid-tier contract to acquire 34-year-old guard Patrick Beverley, whose beef with Westbrook has been one of the league's juiciest for almost 10 years. They have publicly mocked each other's accomplishments.

Oh, and the Lakers also re-signed Dennis Schroder, who said after his 2020-21 stint with the Lakers, "I don't think I fit in 100%," and has struggled to find NBA work ever since.

Not only did the Lakers retain a player who subverted their chances of making the playoffs last season, they traded for the one player he might dislike most in the NBA and signed another who may do his job even worse.

pro basketball blows...its a slow game with big slow players who dont even care except how their hair looks

pro basketball blows...its a slow game with big slow players who dont even care except how their hair looks
Some years I'm really into it and some years not so much. When a team I don't like is winning all the time, like the Warriors or any team Lebron has been on the last 20 years, I tend to not care as much. But when the Bucks win it, I'm interested again.

It helps if you watch the playoffs. Last year I watched the playoffs so this year I know who the players are. Now I am interested to watch the Hawks, Pelicans, Suns and Denver. Or the Heat. I didn't even know one player on that team last year except the one guy Butler they got from the Bulls. Well now this year I'm interested because they made it all the way to the Eastern conference finals. Lost to the Celtics who beat the Bucks. Sucks. I was hoping the Greek Freak won it all again. I'm Greek so he's my favorite player. Not just because he's Greek. He's also the best player in the league imo.

What sport do you watch? I love Football. Do you watch football?

Maybe it's that you don't like black people's hair? Is that it?

Trade LeBron to Chi-Town and let him win there…

Westbrooks is pathetic…
I wouldn't mind Lebron going to the Bulls, Cleveland, Piston's. Just don't go to the Warriors. Then you didn't even help them in. They would have won without you.

Would Lebron win if he want to

Nets? I say no
Maybe he could help Miami or Boston win?
Philly? No
Maybe Clippers?
A team like Utah?

Where could Lebron go where he would fit in?

It used to be we would say, "put Lebron on any team and that team will be in the finals that year". No more.

I wouldn't mind Lebron going to the Bulls, Cleveland, Piston's. Just don't go to the Warriors. Then you didn't even help them in. They would have won without you.

Would Lebron win if he want to

Nets? I say no
Maybe he could help Miami or Boston win?
Philly? No
Maybe Clippers?
A team like Utah?

Where could Lebron go where he would fit in?

It used to be we would say, "put Lebron on any team and that team will be in the finals that year". No more.
James is just waiting for his kid to get into the league to play with his son and after that he retires.

James is just waiting for his kid to get into the league to play with his son and after that he retires.

Not sure he can get past how frustrating this season will be! I'm sure LeBron didn't think The Lakers would have a start like this; 0-4! Couldn't happen to a nicer micenary star player! He better hang on there! Who'd put up w/ his BS after his decision to bring in Westbrick? That one move has crippled the team so far! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::heehee:

Forum List

Back