Land of the free- well, not really

Arrest warrant issued after woman rejects mask at Texas bank

SMH- what is this world coming to?
No shoes no shirt no service. Private biz can have whatever rules they want. She was asked politely to put on a mask. She refused, she was asked to leave, she refused, cops came and went through the same routine. She didn’t get arrested for not wearing a mask, she got arrested for refusing to leave private property when asked. So I guess we would be calling your OP fake news ehh?

This was predictable when Governor idiot made private businesses responsible for public health. What the hell was he thinking?!

All is right in the world in this case.

That woman lives in a society, that society has laws, laws that include protecting everyone in that society. She has violated such laws, and as such should be prosecuted.

More of this should be happening.

Don't you believe in law and order?

No shoes no shirt no service. Private biz can have whatever rules they want. She was asked politely to put on a mask. She refused, she was asked to leave, she refused, cops came and went through the same routine. She didn’t get arrested for not wearing a mask, she got arrested for refusing to leave private property when asked. So I guess we would be calling your OP fake news ehh?
unless it goes against the democrat narrative,,,

That woman lives in a society, that society has laws, laws that include protecting everyone in that society. She has violated such laws, and as such should be prosecuted.

I believe in the law that we are a free people,,,

This was predictable when Governor idiot made private businesses responsible for public health. What the hell was he thinking?!
He didnt make them responsible for public health.
Yes I was being hyperbolic. You get my point though don’t you or do I need to spell it out?
I understand. He told private business owners they can do what they want.
Was that the point you thought I was making? If so then you clearly did not understand

Yes I was being hyperbolic. You get my point though don’t you or do I need to spell it out?
Was that the point you thought I was making? If so then you clearly did not understand
No, thats just what he did. That would never be your point. You are a government supremacist.

No, thats just what he did. That would never be your point. You are a government supremacist.
On the contrary i prefer a smaller government in most situations. During a pandemic we need leadership and what Adler did was a disgrace. Had nothing to do with opening the economy, it was a political move that is now making low wage employees mask enforcers. A real shitty thing to do to these people who are already making great sacrifices.

And you support Africans blocking the roads as a "peaceful protest" but it is AGAINST THE LAW of this functioning society

When it gets to the point that the police are being called because you refuse to comply with a business requirement and also refuse to leave the premises, it is all on the idiot in the business, not the one in the governor's mansion. Besides, what freaking bank doesn't have a drive up window in this day and age.

Bank Of America is trash, I'm in the process of closing my accounts with them myself.
But trespassing is still a thing, and if they ask you to leave and you don't, you better be prepared to get arrested.
I closed all of my accounts with Bank of Italy in 2000. Those guys are crooks. I wish they didn't have any affiliation with TransAmerica either.

When it gets to the point that the police are being called because you refuse to comply with a business requirement and also refuse to leave the premises, it is all on the idiot in the business, not the one in the governor's mansion. Besides, what freaking bank doesn't have a drive up window in this day and age.
The banks around here (Texas) hire off-duty cops in uniform to provide security. it's a popular gig; they make between $40-60 per hour to sit there and watch the lobby.
They most likely didn't need to call the cops, they almost certainly had him already there.

Forum List

Back