LAPD Shoots Woman Hostage

you want them to go back and get their rifles?

Hell no you fucking dumbass. I was asking a question as to which tool would be better in this situation.
why are you so upset?? you got upset at my civil response??
you must be a dumbass ....if they can't handle that situation with pistols, then they should carry riffles all the time --DUMBASS

LAPD releases video of fatal police shooting of female hostage held at knifepoint

Authorities in Los Angeles released dramatic body cam video on Tuesday of a shooting in June that killed a knife-wielding man and a woman he was holding hostage – the first of two incidents this summer where a bystander was killed as police tried to stop an attacker.

The shooting on June 16 took place outside a homeless outreach center in Van Nuys, when the attacker, later identified as Guillermo Perez, tried to saw off a hostage's head, police said. Officers fired nearly 20 times, striking both of them.

"It's been 13 years since an officer's gunfire has killed an innocent bystander or hostage in this department," Police Chief Michel Moore said at a news conference. "In the last six weeks, it's happened twice."

This is freaking horrible. Mr. Perez ICame Here For A Better Life was trying to saw the woman’s head off! While shooting the I Came Here For A Better Life guy they hit the hostage too. I guess it’s better being shot than having your head sawn off!
Accidents happen

I’ll talk now thank you.
Yet here you post...
Soon as you put your sorry armchair quarterback ass on the line! Dew it!
I did my time. And even if I hadn’t. Every free voting citizen has a say in these matters. Welcome to America.
You just have a lot more credibility when you aren’t an armchair quarterback! Don’t you think those cops are just feeling horrible that they hit the victim? You want them punished for trying to save her asswipe?

Like I said earlier, since the dude only had a knife, they should have designated one officer as primary shooter, with the other two standing by as back up. There was no reason to fire 18 shots at the dude. Matter of fact, if one officer had been shooting and hit the guy in the head (and yeah, from that close a range, it's not a hard shot for someone with training). Maybe that woman would still be alive then.
That seems very unrealistic. Those type of situations can head south in the blink of an eye.

LAPD releases video of fatal police shooting of female hostage held at knifepoint

Authorities in Los Angeles released dramatic body cam video on Tuesday of a shooting in June that killed a knife-wielding man and a woman he was holding hostage – the first of two incidents this summer where a bystander was killed as police tried to stop an attacker.

The shooting on June 16 took place outside a homeless outreach center in Van Nuys, when the attacker, later identified as Guillermo Perez, tried to saw off a hostage's head, police said. Officers fired nearly 20 times, striking both of them.

"It's been 13 years since an officer's gunfire has killed an innocent bystander or hostage in this department," Police Chief Michel Moore said at a news conference. "In the last six weeks, it's happened twice."

This is freaking horrible. Mr. Perez ICame Here For A Better Life was trying to saw the woman’s head off! While shooting the I Came Here For A Better Life guy they hit the hostage too. I guess it’s better being shot than having your head sawn off!
Is he an illegal?

they had lots of time to blast him to hell before he grabbed her
but the idiots would've burned LA down if they had done that
..another reason why it is justifiable and RIGHT to blast these jackasses to hell---
why they are a threat/etc
Because of Ferguson cops can’t do their jobs now.

You would be surprised at how difficult it is to fire a handgun accurately at a target, even at close range.

Is he an illegal?
The article dosen’t say! But, because he was sawing her head off and because of the the location I am going with yes.

They said at the beginning to load a beanbag! A woman is getting her head sawed off and some fool says load a bean bag?

That is because at the beginning, the dude was holding a folding chair and a knife. The cops tried to use non lethal force at the beginning when he only had the chair. But, because he was able to use the chair to block the bean bags, they decided to go lethal. THAT is when he grabbed the woman in a walker and held the knife to her throat. And, when he held the knife to her throat and started to cut, they fired 18 rounds at him, and 2 struck her, which is why she died.

Forum List

Back