Last decade is snowiest on record!!!

Tell me, Walleyes, an oncologist states you have cancer, your auto mechanic states you do not. So believing the oncologist rather than the auto mechanic is an appeal to authority? That is your logic, Walleyes.

Yes, the vast majority of scientists have seen and accept the evidence for a changing climate. So you go with the likes of 'Lord' Monkton and the other frauds.

Silly ass, Walleyes, that won't fly. There is a vast differance between little water and no water at all. Anyone growing up in the ranching country of the high desert of Eastern Oregon knows that well.

Even with the winter storms it has recieved, California is still way below the normal water it recieves. That fact that you will not acknowledge this simply is an indication of your refusal to accept reality. Because that reality confirms the predictions that Dr. James Hansen made in 1981.

Tell me, Walleyes, an oncologist states you have cancer, your auto mechanic states you do not. So believing the oncologist rather than the auto mechanic is an appeal to authority? That is your logic, Walleyes.

Yes, the vast majority of scientists have seen and accept the evidence for a changing climate. So you go with the likes of 'Lord' Monkton and the other frauds.

Really? This is truly the best you can do? Trot out the same tired old non-sequitur logic fail arguments and then attack those who disagree with you? Really. Here's the deal. This is not the middle ages, sceptics no longer get burned at the stake because they are denounced as heretics by the high priests.

That is sooooo 1000 years ago.

I really would like to see you enter into the new age. I really would.

Silly ass, Walleyes, that won't fly. There is a vast differance between little water and no water at all. Anyone growing up in the ranching country of the high desert of Eastern Oregon knows that well.

Even with the winter storms it has recieved, California is still way below the normal water it recieves. That fact that you will not acknowledge this simply is an indication of your refusal to accept reality. Because that reality confirms the predictions that Dr. James Hansen made in 1981.

What classifies an area as a desert olfraud? C'mon, it's a simple question. Once you answer that we can continue further with the discussion.

A desert is a region of land that is very dry because it receives low amounts of precipitation (usually in the form of rain but may be snow, mist or fog), often has little coverage by plants, and in which streams dry up unless they are supplied by water from outside the area.[6] Deserts can also be described as areas where more water is lost by evapotranspiration than falls as precipitation.[7] Deserts generally receive less than 250 mm (10 in) of precipitation each year.[6]Semideserts are regions which receive between 250 and 500 mm (10 and 20 in) and when clad in grass, these are known as steppes.[7][8]

When did they start stating that? Show me a link!
I am wrong, my apologies. Both more and heavier precipitation has been predicted.

Does record snowfall disprove global warming?

Record snowfall

As climate warms, evaporation from the ocean increases. This results in more water vapour in the air. Globally, atmospheric water vapour has increased by about 5% over the 20th century. Most of the increase has occurred since 1970 (IPCC AR4 3.4.2.1). This is confirmed by satellites that find the total atmospheric moisture content has been increasing since measurements began in 1988 (Santer 2007).

The extra moisture in the air is expected to produce more precipitation, including more extreme precipitation events. Observations bear this out. A study of precipitation trends over the United States found that heavy precipitation events (over 50mm in a day) have increased 20% over the 20th Century (Groisman 2004). Most of this increase occured after 1970. Various analyses of precipitation over the globe have similarly found a widespread increase in heavy precipitation days since 1950 (Alexander 2006, Groisman 2006).

Snowstorms can occur if temperatures are in the range of -10°C to 0°C. Global warming decreases the likeliness of snowstorm conditions in warmer, southern regions. However, in northern, colder regions, temperatures are often too cold for very heavy snow so warming can bring more favourable snowstorm conditions (Kunkel 2008). This is borne out in observations. Over the last century, there has been a downward trend in snowstorms across the lower Midwest, South and West Coast. Conversely, there's been an increase in snowstorms in the upper Midwest East, and Northeast with the overall national trend also upwards (Changnon 2006).

As well as less and lighter precip. Funny how the global warmers always take both sides of an argument. Then, they claim "well, it will behave differently in different areas". Which sounds logical, but how then is that any different from what is already occurring?

That's the problem when you trot out a non testable hypothesis. You rapidly paint yourself into a corner....

I find this line hilarious for instance.....

"The decreased mean precipitation, on the other hand, is associated with less frequency for almost every rain events, except for very heavy and light rain events.
http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/acad/rep/r99/f990004-1.pdf

And you call this science!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
United States Drought Monitor Home
20150120_west_none.png
nice graph, it looks normal for the region. What is it we're supposed to do with this?
You said: nice graph, it looks normal for the region. What is it we're supposed to do with this?

All of California, including the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valley's way past San Francisco and the Sierra Nevada's and the in a drought is normal? What are we supposed to do with this???? Pray? That's what Rick Perry suggests.

I give up. These people can't learn.

Has it ever been dryer? Why YES IT HAS...

Has It ever been wetter? Again, Why YES IT HAS...

IS the current trend outside of the historical long term trends for the region? Why, No it is not. Specifically it is not, as the ADO and PDO are now cold and drought for this region is NORMAL during this phase of the oceans cycles.

Again, The Alarmist try to paint what is happening as attributed to man when they cant even determine if what is happening is NATURAL VARIATION... Even the Indians trade stories about great wild land fires in their lore.

A desert is a region of land that is very dry because it receives low amounts of precipitation (usually in the form of rain but may be snow, mist or fog), often has little coverage by plants, and in which streams dry up unless they are supplied by water from outside the area.[6] Deserts can also be described as areas where more water is lost by evapotranspiration than falls as precipitation.[7] Deserts generally receive less than 250 mm (10 in) of precipitation each year.[6]Semideserts are regions which receive between 250 and 500 mm (10 and 20 in) and when clad in grass, these are known as steppes.[7][8]

Really, wiki is the best you can do?

Again, The Alarmist try to paint what is happening as attributed to man when they cant even determine if what is happening is NATURAL VARIATION...
How about you, since you gave relative humidity data, do you reckon specific humidity in the lower atmospheric levels is increasing?

Last edited:

I'm confused, was that not a sufficient definition of a desert? How about we just skip the back and forth and you tell me what you want me to say.

nice graph, it looks normal for the region. What is it we're supposed to do with this?
You said: nice graph, it looks normal for the region. What is it we're supposed to do with this?

All of California, including the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valley's way past San Francisco and the Sierra Nevada's and the in a drought is normal? What are we supposed to do with this???? Pray? That's what Rick Perry suggests.

dude, if you'd like to learn, then please go to a library and look up regional climate. See, this is all normal for the region. now how much more stupid would you like to post on here, because you are running neck and neck with the other deniers posting stupid. But please, at least read about the region. BTW, here a quick lesson on the region:

th
Hmmm desert conditions. Maybe you should also read up on how a desert develops. Holy crap!!!!
Hellooo. Knock knock. Do you see all of California is GREEN? Duh. Because the Sierra Nevada's block moisture from getting to the Nevada desert. But between the mountains and the ocean, your map is green. Mine shows it to be in a severe drought. That's the point.

I've been warned I'm too severe on Republicans, but come on. They print a map that shows exactly what I'm talking about and can't even see what their own map is showing them. This is what's called "determined ignorance".
come on man, don't be that stupid. Just don't, I asked you if you knew the region. You obviously didn't go and read up on weather in California, did ya? You know, it's a shame that minds go to waste like yours.

Edit, BTW, you were warned to go and learn about the region.
I lived in California growing up. Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Santa Cruz, Ygnacio Valley, College Park. I went to basic in Fort Ord.
Only the most stupid of fools thinks California is a desert.
California produces almost all of the country's almonds, apricots, dates, figs, kiwi fruit, nectarines, olives, pistachios, prunes, and walnuts. It leads in the production of avocados, grapes, lemons, melons, peaches, plums, and strawberries. Only Florida produces more oranges.

CDFA STATISTICS

Only Republicans can be so damn stupid, they think tomatoes, grapes, lettuce and strawberries are grown in a desert.

will-grace-slap-o.gif

I guess I'm about to get another warning that I'm too harsh on Republicans. But come on. What does it take?

What classifies an area as a desert olfraud? C'mon, it's a simple question. Once you answer that we can continue further with the discussion.

desert1
[dez-ert]
noun
a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse andwidely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all:
The Sahara is a vast sandy desert.
Synonyms: waste, wasteland, barren wilderness.
any area in which few forms of life can exist because of lack of water,permanent frost, or absence of soil.

Desert Define Desert at Dictionary.com
----------------------------

Do people who don't know how to read the dictionary think they understand what a debate is? Anyone?

When did they start stating that? Show me a link!
I am wrong, my apologies. Both more and heavier precipitation has been predicted.

Does record snowfall disprove global warming?

Record snowfall

As climate warms, evaporation from the ocean increases. This results in more water vapour in the air. Globally, atmospheric water vapour has increased by about 5% over the 20th century. Most of the increase has occurred since 1970 (IPCC AR4 3.4.2.1). This is confirmed by satellites that find the total atmospheric moisture content has been increasing since measurements began in 1988 (Santer 2007).

The extra moisture in the air is expected to produce more precipitation, including more extreme precipitation events. Observations bear this out. A study of precipitation trends over the United States found that heavy precipitation events (over 50mm in a day) have increased 20% over the 20th Century (Groisman 2004). Most of this increase occured after 1970. Various analyses of precipitation over the globe have similarly found a widespread increase in heavy precipitation days since 1950 (Alexander 2006, Groisman 2006).

Snowstorms can occur if temperatures are in the range of -10°C to 0°C. Global warming decreases the likeliness of snowstorm conditions in warmer, southern regions. However, in northern, colder regions, temperatures are often too cold for very heavy snow so warming can bring more favourable snowstorm conditions (Kunkel 2008). This is borne out in observations. Over the last century, there has been a downward trend in snowstorms across the lower Midwest, South and West Coast. Conversely, there's been an increase in snowstorms in the upper Midwest East, and Northeast with the overall national trend also upwards (Changnon 2006).

As well as less and lighter precip. Funny how the global warmers always take both sides of an argument. Then, they claim "well, it will behave differently in different areas". Which sounds logical, but how then is that any different from what is already occurring?

That's the problem when you trot out a non testable hypothesis. You rapidly paint yourself into a corner....

I find this line hilarious for instance.....

"The decreased mean precipitation, on the other hand, is associated with less frequency for almost every rain events, except for very heavy and light rain events.
http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/acad/rep/r99/f990004-1.pdf

And you call this science!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
20150120_west_none.png
th

Hmmmmm looks like desert region!!! BTW, did you know that the Mojave desert is the hottest place on earth? Wow, come on, post some more stupid for us to laugh at.
The Mojave desert is the part in green on your own map. Do you know that shape of California? What percentage is green? 10%? Less? Do you see how the purple starts right at the Sierra Nevada's? Do you know why that is?

I'm confused, was that not a sufficient definition of a desert? How about we just skip the back and forth and you tell me what you want me to say.

Wiki is not a credible source. For almost anything. Look up the definition from a scientific web site. You'll learn a lot more.

dude, if you'd like to learn, then please go to a library and look up regional climate. See, this is all normal for the region. now how much more stupid would you like to post on here, because you are running neck and neck with the other deniers posting stupid. But please, at least read about the region. BTW, here a quick lesson on the region:

th
Hmmm desert conditions. Maybe you should also read up on how a desert develops. Holy crap!!!!
Hellooo. Knock knock. Do you see all of California is GREEN? Duh. Because the Sierra Nevada's block moisture from getting to the Nevada desert. But between the mountains and the ocean, your map is green. Mine shows it to be in a severe drought. That's the point.

I've been warned I'm too severe on Republicans, but come on. They print a map that shows exactly what I'm talking about and can't even see what their own map is showing them. This is what's called "determined ignorance".

Helloooo, knock knock, do you understand that ALL of Southern California is desert? It's only green because they take water from Northern California, and from the Colorado River system, and the Owens River valley area and transport it hundreds of miles south to LA and all the other SoCal cities and towns?

You did know that, didn't you?

I thought you were all about science and stuff, and you don't even know that one, simple, basic fact?
I'm pretty sure you don't even know how to read a map. Notice how the Red and Brown cover the ENTIRE state? That means the entire state is in a drought. Do you think you can grow grapes, lettuce and strawberries in the desert? Plants that are like 99% water?

CALIFORNIA IS HAVING A DROUGHT!

20150120_west_none.png

Not only California. Look at the two states above it. Are they deserts too? Are Oregon and Washington deserts? Please say "yes" so I can roll my eyes at the stupidity.

Wiki is not a credible source. For almost anything. Look up the definition from a scientific web site. You'll learn a lot more.

Sorry about that. Hopefully this is sufficient.

Arid, and Semi-Arid Desert

Arid deserts generally occur at low latitudes, and can be found in North-America, South-America, Africa, and Southern Asia.

Seasons in the arid desert are generally dry and hot, with few occurrences of rain during the winter. The heat peaks to extremes during the daytime because there are no clouds to shield the earth from the sun's rays.

When it does rain, it is not uncommon for the rain to evaporate before hitting the ground. The soil is usually either sand or coarse, and rocky. Vegetation consists mainly of shrubs and small trees of which the leaves have evolved to retain water. Most desert life forms have followed this train of evolution, with animals species being mostly active at night.

Semi-arid deserts are found in North-America, Europe, Russia, and Northern Asia.

Seasons are generally more defined than in the Arid desert, with low rainfalls during the winter. Even if the rainfall is kept at a bare minimum, several species of animals and plants thrive in this climate, the animals, while nocturnal, can still be found during the day, mostly in the shade of the various trees and plants.

Coastal and Cold Deserts

Coastal deserts are found in areas that are moderately warm to cool, such as the Neotropic and Nearctic realm. The winters are usually cool and short, while the summers are long and warm The soil is mostly sandy with a high alkaline content, it is also very porous, so rain seeps quite rapidly into the ground. Most of the flora in the coastal desert features thick foliage, with good water retention, and their roots are close to the surface of the ground in order to get enough water before it drains into the soil.

Animals of the coastal desert include rough skinned amphibians, birds of prey, scavenger mammals reptiles and insects; most have adapted quite well to the climate, and again, they are largely nocturnal during the warmer months.

Perhaps the strangest of all desert biomes is the cold desert, as our perception of the desert is usually associated with the heat of the sun. But even if there is a moderately high amount of snow and rainfall during the wintertime, the soil is too heavy and alkaline. Alluvial fans pull some of the salt through the porous soil, so plant life can survive, but then again, as with its arid counterparts, the cold desert offers less than ideal conditions for sustaining delicate plants and animals.

Most of the animals in the cold desert are burrowers, even the carnivores and reptiles which even though cold-blooded, have made their homes in the cold desert.

Deer and other larger herbivores are only found during the winter, as the supply of grass is more abundant during that period.

World Biomes - Desert

Now you've crossed over into downright stupid. This link:

Is not Wiki. You don't even bother to look at the links I post. See, this is the difference between you and me. When Republicans on this board post links, I go read them. I look up who sponsors them and who wrote them. I want to know where they are coming from to see if they actually know what they are talking about. 99.9% of the time, they don't. And most of the time, they only go by the title of their link and don't even bother to read it. I don't know who are more ridiculous. The ones who don't usually post links, such as yourself, or those who post links they haven't bothered to read. Do you know?

th

come on man, don't be that stupid. Just don't, I asked you if you knew the region. You obviously didn't go and read up on weather in California, did ya? You know, it's a shame that minds go to waste like yours.

Edit, BTW, you were warned to go and learn about the region.
I lived in California growing up. Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Santa Cruz, Ygnacio Valley, College Park. I went to basic in Fort Ord.
Only the most stupid of fools thinks California is a desert.
California produces almost all of the country's almonds, apricots, dates, figs, kiwi fruit, nectarines, olives, pistachios, prunes, and walnuts. It leads in the production of avocados, grapes, lemons, melons, peaches, plums, and strawberries. Only Florida produces more oranges.

CDFA STATISTICS

Only Republicans can be so damn stupid, they think tomatoes, grapes, lettuce and strawberries are grown in a desert.

will-grace-slap-o.gif

I guess I'm about to get another warning that I'm too harsh on Republicans. But come on. What does it take?

derpy, you bring new meaning to the word moron. ALL of SoCal is classified as desert. The Mojave is on the east side of the San Gabriel Mtns, the Transverse and Peninsular ranges are likewise classified as such. The Colorado Desert along the Colorado River is probably too obvious for a dipshit like you but there you, the Basin and Range area....desert, the Coast Range....desert...until you get up to the Santa Maria area. And look up there to the north east, you see that area called the Modoc Plateau? You see that spot? There are places in that province that are one inch of rainfall above being classified as a desert.

The only reason why they can grow what they do is because of aqueducts that take water from the north, and ship to the south.

Today, the Project includes 34 storage facilities, reservoirs and lakes; 20 pumping plants; 4 pumping-generating plants; 5 hydroelectric power plants; and about 701 miles of open canals and pipelines.

The Project provides supplemental water to approximately 25 million Californians and about 750,000 acres of irrigated farmland.
California State Water Project-

380-GeolProvinces2.jpg

Geomorphic Provinces

The amount that you have no clue about would fill an encyclopedia!

Sorry about that. Hopefully this is sufficient.

Arid, and Semi-Arid Desert

Arid deserts generally occur at low latitudes, and can be found in North-America, South-America, Africa, and Southern Asia.

Seasons in the arid desert are generally dry and hot, with few occurrences of rain during the winter. The heat peaks to extremes during the daytime because there are no clouds to shield the earth from the sun's rays.

When it does rain, it is not uncommon for the rain to evaporate before hitting the ground. The soil is usually either sand or coarse, and rocky. Vegetation consists mainly of shrubs and small trees of which the leaves have evolved to retain water. Most desert life forms have followed this train of evolution, with animals species being mostly active at night.

Semi-arid deserts are found in North-America, Europe, Russia, and Northern Asia.

Seasons are generally more defined than in the Arid desert, with low rainfalls during the winter. Even if the rainfall is kept at a bare minimum, several species of animals and plants thrive in this climate, the animals, while nocturnal, can still be found during the day, mostly in the shade of the various trees and plants.

Coastal and Cold Deserts

Coastal deserts are found in areas that are moderately warm to cool, such as the Neotropic and Nearctic realm. The winters are usually cool and short, while the summers are long and warm The soil is mostly sandy with a high alkaline content, it is also very porous, so rain seeps quite rapidly into the ground. Most of the flora in the coastal desert features thick foliage, with good water retention, and their roots are close to the surface of the ground in order to get enough water before it drains into the soil.

Animals of the coastal desert include rough skinned amphibians, birds of prey, scavenger mammals reptiles and insects; most have adapted quite well to the climate, and again, they are largely nocturnal during the warmer months.

Perhaps the strangest of all desert biomes is the cold desert, as our perception of the desert is usually associated with the heat of the sun. But even if there is a moderately high amount of snow and rainfall during the wintertime, the soil is too heavy and alkaline. Alluvial fans pull some of the salt through the porous soil, so plant life can survive, but then again, as with its arid counterparts, the cold desert offers less than ideal conditions for sustaining delicate plants and animals.

Most of the animals in the cold desert are burrowers, even the carnivores and reptiles which even though cold-blooded, have made their homes in the cold desert.

Deer and other larger herbivores are only found during the winter, as the supply of grass is more abundant during that period.

World Biomes - Desert

Excellent! Always go to the original source material. Sometimes wiki will have links to the original source material, which can be useful, but wiki can be modified by anybody which immediately places all content in question.

Now you've crossed over into downright stupid. This link:

Is not Wiki. You don't even bother to look at the links I post. See, this is the difference between you and me. When Republicans on this board post links, I go read them. I look up who sponsors them and who wrote them. I want to know where they are coming from to see if they actually know what they are talking about. 99.9% of the time, they don't. And most of the time, they only go by the title of their link and don't even bother to read it. I don't know who are more ridiculous. The ones who don't usually post links, such as yourself, or those who post links they haven't bothered to read. Do you know?

I'm a Dem, I already have the link bookmarked so am very familiar with it. And with you it's usually pointless to look at what you post because it is invariably wrong. Every now and then you get something correct, but it is very, very rare.

From your link
The monster blizzard of 2015 will be adding to what is already the snowiest decade on the East Coast.

It's called "Global" Warming...or Climate Change if you prefer.

How does the increase in localised snow on the East Coast of the US balance out against the drought on the West Coast or the reduction of snow at the poles?

Forum List

Back