Latin Lunch

Look at post #39, idiot.
I did not make a mistake there. I basically said non-English speakers face obstacles. You said that is why they are learning English. Where is the lie? Also, it's obvious there are many many non-English speakers right now as proven by the government having to even print Ballots in several languages.

Not yet having perfected something means one is not learning something? Stupid.

A private company marketing toward specific demographics means those demographics cannot speak or understand a given language? Stupid.

The government wanting voters to understand clearly and completely what and who they are voting for means those voters speak no English at all? Stupid.

Look carefully at what was quoted, stupid.
I did, and as I told you, I saw no mistake. I even explained why. You have nothing but empty accusations. You have some kind of stupid chip on your shoulder. I knocked it off and you got enraged. Sometimes you have to face your own hatred Unkotare.

Not yet having perfected something means one is not learning something? Stupid.

A private company marketing toward specific demographics means those demographics cannot speak or understand a given language? Stupid.

The government wanting voters to understand clearly and completely what and who they are voting for means those voters speak no English at all? Stupid.
^

No one is "bragging." I'm just describing a pleasant lunch and how appearances can influence assumptions.
Unkotare is a globalist

A We-Are-The-World type

He dreams of America where election ballots and language options on the phone come with 50 languages

Last edited:
Unkotare is a globalist

A We-Are-The-World type

He dreams of an America where election ballots and language options on the phone come with 50 languages
I guess that explains the 2x4 on his shoulder.

It's great that in this country we have the freedom to speak whatever the hell language we want. Don't like it? Tough shit.
I have to agree with the others though in one regard. We do better when we are one people with one language. I think it's great to learn more than one language and I have no problem whatsoever with people speaking in whatever language they want among themselves. But all people who come here to work or who immigrate here should be required to learn enough English that they can read directional or warning signs and communicate sufficiently to get or give and understand necessary instructions and information.

That makes it far more likely that they will succeed and prosper and contribute to society which is better for them and better for everybody.

I do wish English was less difficult. For instance through, cough, though, rough don't rhyme, but for some godforsaken reason bologna and pony do. :)

Forum List

Back