🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lawyers for Nick Sandmann File 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Washington Post

And he's just beginning! MAGA Nick Sandmanngave them 48 hours to apologize and was met with silence. Oh well, time to crack that whip!

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.
For truth, for justice, for Nicholas!

Bezos just needs to cut the check for the $250 Million and put this behind him.

He can certainly afford this, it will teach him a lesson to quit with the libel.
Oh? What was libelous?

Neither article explains what exactly they are suing the WPost for??? What did the post say that they knew was a lie at the time they reported it? And how has this really hurt the kid with the smirk? Seems like his lawyers want this kid to continue to be in the lime light.... surprised his parents went with this suit that seems to have no grounds or merit for a defamation suit and continues with their son being in the spotlight, with what the kid regrets and wishes he would have walked away from, as was stated in the article??

Me thinks his lawyers are ambulance chasers, or Michael Avenati-ish.

The link to the legal action in the earliest thread spells out seven WaPo articles that the suit claims publish or republish false and defamatory claims about Smirk-Boi "assaulting" Philips, "engaging in racist conduct", "instigating" stuff, and the like, and in each case it quotes from each of the articles cited. Yet in every case (I read them all) no such claim exists. They're mostly quotes from bystanders, from Philips, from a nearby photojournalist covering the Native American ceremony, etc. There's not a single instance of the WaPo making any of those claims at all.

These attorneys are apparently willing to look incompetent for money.

You're totally full of shit. i could post all the defamatory shit the Post published, but that would take up far too much space. I urge forum members to go read the lawsuit for themselves. The Post is in big trouble. I predict they will settle for at least $50 million.

On January 19, 20 and 21, the Post ignored the truth and falsely accused Nicholas of, among other things, “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner as Phillips “and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave,” “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” chanting “build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct which ended only “when Phillips and other activists walked away.”

With no investigation into the @2020fight account, the Post actively, negligently, and recklessly participated in making the 2020fight Video go viral on social media when on January 19 at 9:21 a.m., Post reporter Joe Heim re-posted the 2020fight Video.

THE POST COVERAGE

1. The Post rushed to lead the mainstream media to assassinate Nicholas’ character and bully him, publishing their first article no later than 1:37 p.m. January 19. This story was not “hot” or “breaking news.” To the extent the Post performed any investigation at all into what occurred, its unreasonable investigation did not take long, and contrary information did not stop it from publishing its first story in its Sunday newspaper the next day. One of the reporters on the story first retweeted the video approximately four hours before receiving credit for the Post’s first article. In the intervening time, the Post apparently managed to track down and interview Phillips, write a story, and fan the flames of the social media mob into a mainstream media frenzy of false attacks and threats against Nicholas.
  2. In the Post’s own words – albeit a far cry from the true scope of the false and defamatory accusations it made against Nicholas – the readers of the Post’s coverage were “licensed to conclude that the students saw [Phillips] from afar, targeted him and advanced.” Of course, the Post’s readers were also licensed to falsely conclude that Nicholas physically and verbally assaulted Phillips while blocking his egress from a mob of students who were similarly engaged in racist conduct.
  3. The Post, whose coverage emphasized that Nicholas was wearing a “MAGA” hat, contributed to the rampant cyber-assault and cyber-bullying suffered by Nicholas in the aftermath of its initial reporting which was also undertaken in mass by the mob of other bullies made up of other members of the mainstream media, individuals tweeting on Twitter, church officials, celebrities, and politicians.
  4. Even the Twitter platform itself jumped into the bully pulpit and was influenced by early media coverage of the Post, as demonstrated when its “moment” feature falsely accused Nicholas and his classmates of “mocking” Phillips. According to reports, a Twitter spokesperson stated “Twitter Curation strives to fairly and accurately contextualize the nature of large conversations on the platform … The original Covington video appeared on Friday night. However, the Curation team did not compile a Moment until additional news media reporting emerged to provide context to the video – this included a source video interview with Nathan Phillips, which was featured in the Moment.”

I read the complaint and attachments. A few comments. His witness statement attached as Exhibit A was not written by him but by his lawyer or with substantial editing and input from his lawyer. Too much lawyerese to be written by a teenager. Second, there was nothing in the Washington Post articles that indicates who Nick was, where he lived, or his name. Third, there is nothing in the Post story that even comes close to actual malice.

The question is who fingered Nick as the kid. It was not the Washington Post. There may be an out of court settlement, but no where near the amount his lawyers are asking for.
Demonstrating malice isn't required if you aren't a public figure, fuckstick.

Read the complaint dumb fuck.
Done.

Where does it say malice must be demonstrated? In interviews, L. Lin Wood himself has said demonstrating malice isn't required if the plaintiff isn't a public figure.

And he's just beginning! MAGA Nick Sandmanngave them 48 hours to apologize and was met with silence. Oh well, time to crack that whip!

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.

He can certainly afford this, it will teach him a lesson to quit with the libel.
Oh? What was libelous?
Read the lawsuit, you fucking dumbass.

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.

Oh? What was libelous?
Fucking moron, the Post didn’t name Sandmann. And everything the post said was quoting others who were there.

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.

Oh? What was libelous?
Fucking moron, the Post didn’t name Sandmann. And everything the post said was quoting others who were there.

Wrong:

In the Post’s own words – albeit a far cry from the true scope of the false and defamatory accusations it made against Nicholas – the readers of the Post’s coverage were “licensed to conclude that the students saw [Phillips] from afar, targeted him and advanced.” Of course, the Post’s readers were also licensed to falsely conclude that Nicholas physically and verbally assaulted Phillips while blocking his egress from a mob of students who were similarly engaged in racist conduct.

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.

Oh? What was libelous?

Wrong:

In the Post’s own words – albeit a far cry from the true scope of the false and defamatory accusations it made against Nicholas – the readers of the Post’s coverage were “licensed to conclude that the students saw [Phillips] from afar, targeted him and advanced.” Of course, the Post’s readers were also licensed to falsely conclude that Nicholas physically and verbally assaulted Phillips while blocking his egress from a mob of students who were similarly engaged in racist conduct.
Fucking moron, quote the post naming Sandmann. Quote the post saying anything libelous about Sandmann where they weren’t quoting someone they were interviewing....

G’head, I’ll wait.............

Oh? What was libelous?

Wrong:

Fucking moron, quote the post naming Sandmann. Quote the post saying anything libelous about Sandmann where they weren’t quoting someone they were interviewing....

The article is behind a paywall.

Oh? What was libelous?

Wrong:

LOLOLOL

Which means you can’t prove a word in the lawsuit.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Wrong:

LOLOLOL

Wrong, but I'm not giving a dime to the Washington Post. You can't disprove a word in the lawsuit. I'll leave it to L. Lin Wood to prove his case.

Wrong:

LOLOLOL

Wrong, but I'm not giving a dime to the Washington Post. You can't disprove a word in the lawsuit. I'll leave it to L. Lin Wood to prove his case.
LOLOL

I don’t have to disprove shit. The burden of proof falls upon the accuser.

After many of these media outlets settle with Sandman out of court, he may never have to actually work a day in his life. LOL.

Wrong:

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

That's absolutely true. But Bezos is going to be deposed in the matter, and if he has any hatred at all against Southerners, Catholics or his President, its going to come out. The motive for this libel will be probed extensively, and jurors in Kenton County aren't going to be that merciful IMHO with some liberal doofus taking and sending dick pics all over the place.

Lawsuit in link.

How inconvenient that they STILL have no evidence, huh.

I put that challenge out a MONTH ago and never got a response. Not a single one. Zero.
"Apologize for"................................ what?

From your own link:

>> On January 19, 2019, the Post also posted to its Twitter page and published to approximately 13 million followers its First Article with the following false and defamatory captions, all within a span of 14 minutes, and all within the same thread:
  • “In an interview with The Post, Omaha Tribe elder Nathan Phillips says he ‘felt like the spirit was talking through me’ as teens jeered and mocked him.”
  • “He was singing the American Indian Movement song of unity that serves as a ceremony to send the spirits home. ‘It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial.’”
  • “Phillips, who fought in the Vietnam War, says in an interview ‘I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.’” <<
Whelp, guess what. That's a newspaper QUOTING Philips. Is the quote inaccurate? The fact is Philips DID make the statements, he WAS singing a NAm song, and the teens DID jeer and mock him --- "tomahawk chops" are right there in the video.

YOUR OWN LINK, Dumbass. Rotsa ruck with egomaniac attorneys getting their names in print by filing frivolous lawsuits for which they have no evidence. This will be laughed out of court, as it should be.

Yeah um....you got no response because it's not worth the effort.

If a high powered law firm is putting out
Time and resources on this....I'm probably going to give them more credence than I do
You.

Jo

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

That's absolutely true. But Bezos is going to be deposed in the matter, and if he has any hatred at all against Southerners, Catholics or his President, its going to come out. The motive for this libel will be probed extensively, and jurors in Kenton County aren't going to be that merciful IMHO with some liberal doofus taking and sending dick pics all over the place.

They have abused the libel protection from Sullivan versus NY Times and extended it into license to lie. This is good to cause a revisit of that decision.

Jo

Neither article explains what exactly they are suing the WPost for??? What did the post say that they knew was a lie at the time they reported it? And how has this really hurt the kid with the smirk? Seems like his lawyers want this kid to continue to be in the lime light.... surprised his parents went with this suit that seems to have no grounds or merit for a defamation suit and continues with their son being in the spotlight, with what the kid regrets and wishes he would have walked away from, as was stated in the article??

Me thinks his lawyers are ambulance chasers, or Michael Avenati-ish.
I didn't see a smirk. I saw a determined indian pounding a drum in the face of a teenager.
I saw a rude, intrusive asshole pounding a drum and shouting incomprehensive noise in the face of a child.
the Briebart article in the 2nd post above, or there about...stated that a group of black Hebrews was shouting and interrupting both the Native American and Catholic school kids/right to life protests, and the Native guy walked over to the right to life group to join them, to stand up to the group of Black Hebrews....?? Or something like that????

I didn't really follow the story and probably should not even be posting on this thread, for my lack of thorough knowledge of the incident. I saw a smirk-ish look on the kid's face, but this comes from my brain's interpretation, not from what the press, or other's have said...

in general, these types of stories and arguments are truly a waste of time, and meant to divide us on trivial, meaningless things....

i'm moving on... ya'll carry on!

"Black Israelites" I believe is what they call themselves, a notorious troll group. But they have nothing to do with the Smirk --- that's just a shiny object the Mitch McConnell PR firm has been pointing at to attempt to distract attention FROM the Smirk. They are irrelevant.

The Black Congressional Israelites are an important part of the mix. They were the ones who actually started giving the children shit, and it was the Phony Veteran Nate Phillips who decided to get in on the fun by beating his drum in Mr. Sandmann's face.

And HOW EXACTLY does that produce The Smirk.

Exactly.

I didn't see a smirk. I saw a determined indian pounding a drum in the face of a teenager.
I saw a rude, intrusive asshole pounding a drum and shouting incomprehensive noise in the face of a child.
the Briebart article in the 2nd post above, or there about...stated that a group of black Hebrews was shouting and interrupting both the Native American and Catholic school kids/right to life protests, and the Native guy walked over to the right to life group to join them, to stand up to the group of Black Hebrews....?? Or something like that????

I didn't really follow the story and probably should not even be posting on this thread, for my lack of thorough knowledge of the incident. I saw a smirk-ish look on the kid's face, but this comes from my brain's interpretation, not from what the press, or other's have said...

in general, these types of stories and arguments are truly a waste of time, and meant to divide us on trivial, meaningless things....

"Black Israelites" I believe is what they call themselves, a notorious troll group. But they have nothing to do with the Smirk --- that's just a shiny object the Mitch McConnell PR firm has been pointing at to attempt to distract attention FROM the Smirk. They are irrelevant.

The Black Congressional Israelites are an important part of the mix. They were the ones who actually started giving the children shit, and it was the Phony Veteran Nate Phillips who decided to get in on the fun by beating his drum in Mr. Sandmann's face.

Exactly.
Watch the whole video, it shows that fuck up of a human being Nathan Phillips approaching the kids not the other way around...

Exactly.
Idiots are smirked at. Sandmann was smirking at the Indian for very much the same reason I am smirking as I address you.

Forum List

Back