Lay Aside Political Lies And Take A Good Look At The Debt

So in reality Obama lied threw his teeth, as is typical for him. Where's my $2,500 in healthcare savings? I think he owes me like $7,500 now.

How did he lie? "The auto companies have now repaid taxpayers every dime and more of what my administration invested in."

Jesus, some of you people wouldn't know a lie if it hit you upside the head. What is ironic is that you people more often lie than not
the dimes they repaid.
its the pennies, nickles quarters and dollars that we are still waiting for.

If bags of money (in coins) fell off a truck and you could only carry three bags all weighing teh same, which would you choose ::: 3 bags of pennies, nickles, dimes, or quarters?

"What's funny is the bank bailout was repaid at a huge profit to the Treasury"

If a lone has an outstanding debt on the principle, no matter how much is collected through interest, is it considered repaid if the amount of the interest pushes the total about the initial loan amount, while there is still an outstanding debt?

is it considered repaid if the amount of the interest pushes the total about the initial loan amount, while there is still an outstanding debt?

Banks received $245 billion. The Treasury got back $275 billion in loan repayments, interest and warrant sales.
Did every bank repay their loans? No. Some went out of business.
Are some loans still outstanding? Sure. But even if every outstanding loan defaults with zero recovery, the $30 billion profit from the bank bailout repayments remains.

So you agree the loans were NOT paid back

okay

Banks received $245 billion. The Treasury got back $275 billion in loan repayments, interest and warrant sales.

Looks like a $30 billion profit.

except you kept saying the loans were all paid back until called out on it. I guess the USA can write it off as a loss, eh? The loans have not been fully repaid

:rofl:

"What's funny is the bank bailout was repaid at a huge profit to the Treasury"

Hmmmm.....you must be confused.

Facts are:
TARP Tracker from September 2008 to August 2015
http://www.treasury.gov/initiatives/financial-stability/reports/Pages/TARP-Tracker.aspx

Disposition of TARP Funds to datePercent Recovered: 98.9

EESA becomes law on Oct. 3, 2008Dollar Amounts (Billions)Total TARP Funds OutstandingSource: Tarp Reports

Bush and TARP and Obama and Auto Co loans

Obama says automakers have paid back all the loans it got from his admin 'and more'

Obama says automakers have paid back all the loans it got from his admin 'and more'

He's funny.....and bad at math. Or a liar.

We lost $11.4 billion on loans to GM.
$1.2 billion on loans to Chrysler.

http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list/index

Obama did not lie. He was cherry picking his facts.

Obama said, "The auto companies have now repaid taxpayers every dime and more of what my administration invested in."

:lol:

You are the one who has lied. Oh well

So he let an auto company, GM, with a current market cap of $45 billion, get away with $11.4 billion in unpaid loans from the US government?

That doesn't sound like a very smart thing to do.
By the way, Obama asked Bush to lend GM some of those funds, before he took office.

Facts are:
http://www.treasury.gov/initiatives/financial-stability/reports/Pages/TARP-Tracker.aspx

EESA becomes law on Oct. 3, 2008Dollar Amounts (Billions)Total TARP Funds OutstandingSource: Tarp Reports

Bailout List: Banks, Auto Companies, and More | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

Obama said, "The auto companies have now repaid taxpayers every dime and more of what my administration invested in."

So he let an auto company, GM, with a current market cap of $45 billion, get away with $11.4 billion in unpaid loans from the US government?

By the way, Obama asked Bush to lend GM some of those funds, before he took office.
you appear to be all over theplace.

just say "Obama sux" and do away with trying to string together coherent arguments

Facts are:

Bailout List: Banks, Auto Companies, and More | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

you appear to be all over theplace.

just say "Obama sux" and do away with trying to string together coherent arguments

He lost $11.4 billion on GM. That doesn't suck?

So in reality Obama lied threw his teeth, as is typical for him. Where's my $2,500 in healthcare savings? I think he owes me like $7,500 now.

How did he lie? "The auto companies have now repaid taxpayers every dime and more of what my administration invested in."

Jesus, some of you people wouldn't know a lie if it hit you upside the head. What is ironic is that you people more often lie than not
the dimes they repaid.

If bags of money (in coins) fell off a truck and you could only carry three bags all weighing teh same, which would you choose ::: 3 bags of pennies, nickles, dimes, or quarters?
the dimes and quarters would be so close in value at the same weight that it really wouldn't make that big of a difference.
the pennies however would only value around 1.81 a lb and for nickles it would be roughly 18.20
quarters and dimes would come in pretty close to 20.00 per pound each.
so, I would go for the quarters, less coins to count per lb with a value close enough to the dimes of equal weight.

You're kidding, right?
Dems have consistently voted to increase the debt and have piled up more debt in the last 8 years than in the previous 40.

Careful, your innumeracy is showing.

You are a partisan hack shithead. And not even particularly good or subtle about it.

Irony.

It's a fact that BOTH parties keep raising the debt ceiling. It's a fact BOTH parties are big spenders.

It's also a fact the deficit skyrocketed under Bush and has fallen every fiscal year Obama has been in office.

For the Auto Industry and all the affiliated industries that rely upon it, they'd say it was a good deal.

What were the other options? How would that have helped or hurt the economy and millions of Americans?

Bush and Obama each did the right thing during the worst of circumstances. How those circumstances came about gets masked by people like you

the dimes they repaid.

the dimes and quarters would be so close in value at the same weight that it really wouldn't make that big of a difference.
the pennies however would only value around 1.81 a lb and for nickles it would be roughly 18.20
quarters and dimes would come in pretty close to 20.00 per pound each.
so, I would go for the quarters, less coins to count per lb with a value close enough to the dimes of equal weight.

SOLUTION: If you were faced with bags of coins that weighed the same, which bag would you take: pennies, nickles, dimes or quarters? Which bag contains more money? A penny weighs 3.09g, a

For the Auto Industry and all the affiliated industries that rely upon it, they'd say it was a good deal.

What were the other options? How would that have helped or hurt the economy and millions of Americans?

Bush and Obama each did the right thing during the worst of circumstances. How those circumstances came about gets masked by people like you

No kidding. LOL!
It's funny that people whine about the "Free money" given to the banks, while the banks paid back $30 billion more than they were lent.
GM is the one that got the free money.

so when you say "historically" you clearly as shown cant count obama in that mix. so you're admiting everything about him is a lie? his whole platform and the centrist rhetoric was just a ruse?

You don't go from Bush's $1.5 trillion deficit to a $0 deficit overnight.

Bush rapidly increased the rate of increased spending. Obama has been decreasing that rate.

No matter who was President after Bush, they would be facing a doubling of the federal debt because of how much BushCo increased deficits.

It's a fact that deficits decreased every fiscal year Clinton was in office.

It is a fact that deficits skyrocketed to historic levels under Bush.

No only that, Bush set a record deficit, and then broke his own record, tripling it. So of course his successor was going to have a helluva job getting the deficit back down to normal levels.

Obama has reduced the deficit every fiscal year.

You can see these facts for yourself here and here.

Last edited:

No kidding. LOL!
It's funny that people whine about the "Free money" given to the banks, while the banks paid back $30 billion more than they were lent.
GM is the one that got the free money.

What did the auto industry do to cause the financial crisis?

Now, what did the banks do to cause the financial crisis?

Were mid sized banks who held little toxic debt positioned to step in if too-big-to-fail banks went under?

Dante initially supported the bank bailouts because like the war in Iraq we were given only part of the information. "Free money?" Dante hasn't said that and neither do most people who seriously debate the bank bailouts.

Your wild attacks are ideological and lead you into areas of hysterical nonsense.

You don't go from Bush's $1.5 trillion deficit to a $0 deficit overnight.

Bush rapidly increased the rate of increased spending. Obama has been decreasing that rate.

No matter who was President after Bush, they would be facing a doubling of the federal debt because of how much BushCo increased deficits.

It's a fact that deficits decreased every fiscal year Clinton was in office.

It is a fact that deficits skyrocketed to historical levels under Bush.

No only that, Bush set a record deficit, and then broke his own record, tripling it. So of course his successor was going to have a helluva job getting the deficit back down to normal levels.

Obama has reduced the deficit every fiscal year.

You can see these facts for yourself here and here.

it's just laughable really. you say under bush and under clinton mindlessly disregarding who was in Congress; as if they are all kings.

republicans decreaseD spending under clinton

reublicans "obstructed" LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS obama/dems wanted to spend

democrats voted FOR ALL REAGAN'S AND BUSH'S SPENDING

Forum List

Back