Learn Something Democrats...Stop Making Excuses

China is bigger threat. How many jobs have went to Russia from US? How many provactive actions has Russia made toward us? BTW...West Virgina is still a red state.

So we are supposed to attack countries now because of jobs?
Why wait for another empire in Asia to rise like the Japanese did in 1930's? Just being smart about it...and their is an upside to war with China.

I love how liberal you are with other people's lives.
Think about it. World War II gave us global superpower status. Also, China is a threat. Got to toughen up. We are not part of a global family. Just as Brexit showed in Europe.

You don't go to war with a country, especially a super power, just because they beat you in the economy...
They have not beat us...they gonna learn a lesson under DJT.

I was in a Union, I was at Parris Island... I've worked in a factory... keep going... we can do this all day. If being a steel worker is such a prideful job why did you quit to get a master's degree? Where did you get your degrees? I need to know so I can make sure that no one I know ever goes there, they have zero standards.
Lol. I was at MCRD. 5th Marines in combat. Infantry. My degrees are an AA from Midwestern college, BA from a western college, and masters from Dixieland.

Jesus dude, did you get a car air freshener with your degree? Where do they rank in the nation in your field of study? Like 10,000th?
Nope. My PoliSci degree is actually in top 1/3rd.

Top 1/3 of how many? What was the requirements for admission? Have a pulse?
Read Mud Cat and learn. He has several books on how FDR Democrats were sold out by Neo Dems like Kerry, Clinton, Hart, and Biden.
Dave ‘Mudcat’ Saunders, Democratic strategist, voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton

What does that have to do with where you graduated from and them being the top 1/3 of?

So we are supposed to attack countries now because of jobs?
Why wait for another empire in Asia to rise like the Japanese did in 1930's? Just being smart about it...and their is an upside to war with China.

I love how liberal you are with other people's lives.
Think about it. World War II gave us global superpower status. Also, China is a threat. Got to toughen up. We are not part of a global family. Just as Brexit showed in Europe.

You don't go to war with a country, especially a super power, just because they beat you in the economy...
They have not beat us...they gonna learn a lesson under DJT.

Do you really think that Congress is that dumb they would let Trump start a war with China? Jesus dude, you are getting dumber by the post.

Lol. I was at MCRD. 5th Marines in combat. Infantry. My degrees are an AA from Midwestern college, BA from a western college, and masters from Dixieland.

Jesus dude, did you get a car air freshener with your degree? Where do they rank in the nation in your field of study? Like 10,000th?

Read Mud Cat and learn. He has several books on how FDR Democrats were sold out by Neo Dems like Kerry, Clinton, Hart, and Biden.
Dave ‘Mudcat’ Saunders, Democratic strategist, voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton

What does that have to do with where you graduated from and them being the top 1/3 of?
Where did you graduate from?

Where did you graduate from?

I'll graduate next semester from Eastern Kentucky University. I've also gone to The Ohio State University, and Miami of Ohio University. Eastern Kentucky ranked as the #17 Criminal Justice school in the entire country in 2015.

Eastern Kentucky University - Police Ranking 2015

Frankly, it's better for the world if the Dems just keep making excuses and don't change a thing.

Keep marginalizing the working class in America and keep up all the lying, corruption, hypocrisy and social justice obsession.

Triple down on it, please. I don't think they went left enough. Go further left, Dems.
Clinton had explicit policy in support of US manufacturing workers and their future in America.

The idea that Trump can cause enough manufacturing to come back to America to make any kind of difference in employment opportunities is ludicrous. Manufacturing in the US is HUGE. It would take a monumental movement to cause a significant percent difference in the employment outlook.

Plus, companies that come back will create automated factories. They won't hire anywhere near the number of people they currently hire in whatever other nation they are in.

You say the economy will not improve under Trump, I say it will.

We will know for sure once it happens, huh?

Looks to me that the status quo wasn't working for many in the rust belt, so they wanted to try down thing different.

Who can blame them? Hillary didn't even visit some of those states because she assumed they would vote for anyone running with a (D) after their name.

This is a problem for many life long politicians.

They only pretend to give a shit about you if you are an undecided voter.

If they think you are already going to vote for them, they don't care about you(rust belt). If they know you are definitely not going to vote for you(Texas), they don't care about you. They pretend to give a shit about you if you can be a positive marginal vote.

Apparently this did not work for Hillary.
No. I believe in our economy. I don't believe Trump will damage that.

I'm saying that he has no answer for WV coal miners. And, in general, he has no solution for manufacturing workers in America.

Also, remember that the problem has been congress. Look at what congress is doing RIGHT NOW!! They're attempting to cut benefits WV workers have depended on. Plus, they are talking about opening up even more fossil fuel that will offset coal - something the OP poster cared about.

Frankly, it's better for the world if the Dems just keep making excuses and don't change a thing.

Keep marginalizing the working class in America and keep up all the lying, corruption, hypocrisy and social justice obsession.

Triple down on it, please. I don't think they went left enough. Go further left, Dems.
Clinton had explicit policy in support of US manufacturing workers and their future in America.

The idea that Trump can cause enough manufacturing to come back to America to make any kind of difference in employment opportunities is ludicrous. Manufacturing in the US is HUGE. It would take a monumental movement to cause a significant percent difference in the employment outlook.

Plus, companies that come back will create automated factories. They won't hire anywhere near the number of people they currently hire in whatever other nation they are in.

Looks to me that the status quo wasn't working for many in the rust belt, so they wanted to try down thing different.

Who can blame them? Hillary didn't even visit some of those states because she assumed they would vote for anyone running with a (D) after their name.

If they think you are already going to vote for them, they don't care about you(rust belt). If they know you are definitely not going to vote for you(Texas), they don't care about you. They pretend to give a shit about you if you can be a positive marginal vote.

I'm saying that he has no answer for WV coal miners. And, in general, he has no solution for manufacturing workers in America.

Also, remember that the problem has been congress. Look at what congress is doing RIGHT NOW!! They're attempting to cut benefits WV workers have depended on. Plus, they are talking about opening up even more fossil fuel that will offset coal - something the OP poster cared about.

Why wouldn't a drop in corporate tax rates from 35% to 15% help all companies, including manufacturing?

They will have 20% more of their EBITDA to use for expansion.

Why wouldn't a drop in corporate tax rates from 35% to 15% help all companies, including manufacturing?

No they will then have 20% more money to give to their CEOs as bonuses.

Why don't they cut it to zero? I mean, is there any reason to tax anyone at all? How about we cut ALL taxes!

The GOP is promising to cut taxes for EVERYBODY, while fixing the deficit AND increasing our military substantially.

Where do you think coal miners come on that scale of promises?

Plus, any new manufacturing in the US is going to be as automated as possible, and employers have proven to be looking for college graduates for manufacturing positions that they have open TODAY!

Plus, the GOP direction is to cut health care benefits (starting this April, as I remember), to eliminate collective bargaining, to do nothing about other issues workers have - pay, retirement, job security, health care (even beyond the move targeting April), training,m etc.

Thinking this is going to be good for workers who are out of work today is really rather ridiculous.

Why don't they cut it to zero? I mean, is there any reason to tax anyone at all? How about we cut ALL taxes!

The GOP is promising to cut taxes for EVERYBODY, while fixing the deficit AND increasing our military substantially.

Plus, any new manufacturing in the US is going to be as automated as possible, and employers have proven to be looking for college graduates for manufacturing positions that they have open TODAY!

Plus, the GOP direction is to cut health care benefits (starting this April, as I remember), to eliminate collective bargaining, to do nothing about other issues workers have - pay, retirement, job security, health care (even beyond the move targeting April), training,m etc.

Thinking this is going to be good for workers who are out of work today is really rather ridiculous.

If it doesn't work, there is another election in 2020. Maybe that Dem candidate will step a foot into rust belt states.

Trumps vision of the future was clearly more compelling to those voters than Hillary's promise of the status quo.

Apparently, those voters did not want 4 more years of the past 8.

Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, Trump won. Dems are welcome to come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back.

If it doesn't work, there is another election in 2020. Maybe that Dem candidate will step a foot into rust belt states.

Trumps vision of the future was clearly more compelling to those voters than Hillary's promise of the status quo.

Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, Trump won. Dems are welcome to come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back.
I think you are wrong about Trump having more for the rust belt. He very clearly had LESS.

The catch is, our economic recovery didn't hit everyone equally, and it's no surprise that the many factors faced by those workers were not overcome by our national economic progress.

So, it's far more likely that rust belt voters simply wanted a change at any cost.

I'm not denying that Dems need to work on that. But, the GOP most definitely does as well, because in general the GOP has NOTHING for workers, including those in the rust belt. Their direction is like trickle down economics in that it addresses corporate profits in the hope that there is a trickle down to employees - ignoring the fact that existing workers aren't in a position to take advantage of any trickle down, even if it existed.

I think you are wrong about Trump having more for the rust belt. He very clearly had LESS.

The catch is, our economic recovery didn't hit everyone equally, and it's no surprise that the many factors faced by those workers were not overcome by our national economic progress.

So, it's far more likely that rust belt voters simply wanted a change at any cost.

I'm not denying that Dems need to work on that. But, the GOP most definitely does as well, because in general the GOP has NOTHING for workers, including those in the rust belt. Their direction is like trickle down economics in that it addresses corporate profits in the hope that there is a trickle down to employees - ignoring the fact that existing workers aren't in a position to take advantage of any trickle down, even if it existed.

Not to mention... the entire election cycle, he didn't give any details of what he would do, other than his plan to do a 35% tariff. That's it. No other plans on how to create more jobs. His followers don't care.

There is no "trickle down" when you are talking about companies being allowed to keep 20% more of their EBITDA.

We'll see what happens, and there will be another election in 4 years if Trump's fiscal policies fail.

Those voters who voted twice for Obama but voted for Trump 6 weeks ago clearly wanted to try something different.

There is no "trickle down" when you are talking about companies being allowed to keep 20% more of their EBITDA.

We'll see what happens, and there will be another election in 4 years if Trump's fiscal policies fail.

Those voters who voted twice for Obama but voted for Trump 6 weeks ago clearly wanted to try something different.
Well, there are some who think that if corporations could only pay less tax, it would mean they would raise wages and hire more people.

I would say that corporations don't make decisions on wages that way.

And, I don't see this direction as likely to benefit rust belt workers who are finding it difficult to get manufacturing jobs. The reason being that the manufacturing segment is moving forward in terms of requirements on employees, and giving corporations more money isn't going to change the resumes of these workers.

Plus, this thread was started with coal being an emphasis. And, lower corporate taxes isn't likely to change the coal industry in America.

Well, there are some who think that if corporations could only pay less tax, it would mean they would raise wages and hire more people.

And, I don't see this direction as likely to benefit rust belt workers who are finding it difficult to get manufacturing jobs. The reason being that the manufacturing segment is moving forward in terms of requirements on employees, and giving corporations more money isn't going to change the resumes of these workers.

Plus, this thread was started with coal being an emphasis. And, lower corporate taxes isn't likely to change the coal industry in America.

Thoughtful post.

West Virginia coal miners will only get their jobs back if we increase coal consumption. That's obvious.

Obama advocated increased use of "clean coal". I will say that Trump should double down on Obama's lead to increase coal consumption. That will lead to more jobs in West Virginia. Obama was correct, he just needed to go harder in his correct direction.

Thoughtful post.

West Virginia coal miners will only get their jobs back if we increase coal consumption. That's obvious.

Obama advocated increased use of "clean coal". I will say that Trump should double down on Obama's lead to increase coal consumption. That will lead to more jobs in West Virginia. Obama was correct, he just needed to go harder in his correct direction.
I doubt there will be any significant increase in coal consumption.

- Trump also advocates more gas and oil production. They compete with coal. The huge increase in production of these fuels under Obama pretty much doomed coal.

- Coal burning equipment is aging out, and those investing in new coal fired power plants would need to be confident that the plant would pay off within the 20 year life cycles of such plants. Given the world energy direction, the availability of other fuels, etc., investors are selling Peabody shares. That's why they went bankrupt.

- Climate change is of growing concern, and investors know that.

Beyond that, "clean coal" isn't here.

Thoughtful post.

- Trump also advocates more gas and oil production. They compete with coal. The huge increase in production of these fuels under Obama pretty much doomed coal.

- Coal burning equipment is aging out, and those investing in new coal fired power plants would need to be confident that the plant would pay off within the 20 year life cycles of such plants. Given the world energy direction, the availability of other fuels, etc., investors are selling Peabody shares. That's why they went bankrupt.

Clean coal....the way the DEMS see it, does not and will not exist.

If the business environment improves in America, energy needs will increase and that demand will create the need for increased supply. It will happen.

Thoughtful post.

Clean coal....the way the DEMS see it, does not and will not exist.

If the business environment improves in America, energy needs will increase and that demand will create the need for increased supply. It will happen.
We'll have growing production of oil and gas. We have growing contribution of solar and wind. We have the opportunity for nuclear.

I just don't see coal market investors as being wrong. Investors aren't stupid.

As for "clean coal", it just isn't here today. Obama invested a bunch in that technology. Maybe Trump will, too. (I have NO idea.) If someone figures that out in a way that leaves coal use economic, who knows? But, that's not where we are today.

Also, coal mining is hugely destructive of our environment and difficult to transport.

Forum List

Back