LEARN TO CODE JOE......what a buffoon lol

Yeah, she's an actual genius. I'm not. I have no problem with that. I am proud as hell of what she has already accomplished.
Just think, she has already learned more, and done more in her short life, than you ever will in your entire life, however long it may be.

When you daughter has a 20 year Marine Corps career under her belt along with a Masters degree and her PMP, has raised two children, one of which is a pediatric Nurse at the age of 24 and the other is about to graduate high school and has been coding his own programs for 3 years come talk about how she has done more than me.

You should not assume everyone has wasted their life like you.

Sort of like I mocked you for not knowing that people can learn to code on the internet.

You only mock yourself, my daughter goes to coding camps at Stanford, she is 13 and knows far more about it than I ever will. But I do know this...they bring coding teachers in from all over the country for those camps.

Seems like it is you who doesn't understand the difficulty of learning to code.

Software is one of the easiest industries to break into. The skills required can be learned by anyone with internet access, basic intelligence and the desire to do so. And if you have the skills, most tech companies don't care whether you have a degree or not.

Joe's a douchebag, but he's right on this one issue.
And you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
Uh, yeah. I actually do. I don't like injecting personal anecdotes into online debates, but I'll make an exception here. I've been living this for the last fifteen years. I've done it myself, and I've personally watched dozens of others do the same.

Tech abilities are no different than any other abilities, if you are an average person, with an average intelligence - at best - you will be average at that skill.

Yep. And guess what? Most working programmers are average.

The tech field is one of the hardest to excel in. And one that has some of the highest level of required dedication and basically... you have to live for the job to get beyond mediocrity.

We're not talking about "excelling", we're talking about making a living. Tech companies are desperate for people who can code, even those who are mediocre.

Sort of like I mocked you for not knowing that people can learn to code on the internet.

You only mock yourself, my daughter goes to coding camps at Stanford, she is 13 and knows far more about it than I ever will. But I do know this...they bring coding teachers in from all over the country for those camps.

Software is one of the easiest industries to break into. The skills required can be learned by anyone with internet access, basic intelligence and the desire to do so. And if you have the skills, most tech companies don't care whether you have a degree or not.

Uh, yeah. I actually do. I don't like injecting personal anecdotes into online debates, but I'll make an exception here. I've been living this for the last fifteen years. I've done it myself, and I've personally watched dozens of others do the same.

Tech abilities are no different than any other abilities, if you are an average person, with an average intelligence - at best - you will be average at that skill.

The tech field is one of the hardest to excel in. And one that has some of the highest level of required dedication and basically... you have to live for the job to get beyond mediocrity.

We're not talking about "excelling", we're talking about making a living. Tech companies are desperate for people who can code, even those who are mediocre.
No.
They have many, many to choose from in India and other developing countries.
And by their own statistics, less than 5% can do any tasks other than what they are specifically trained for.
Basic coding is the LAST field I would consider getting into. It has already be overtaken by low paid outsourcing. It IS the new textile industry.
Basic coding pays nothing, and highly likely to be replaced by both cheap labor as well as developing technology in computer programs that can do their own coding.
CODING IS DEAD.
Software development is where it is at, and even that is being taken over by cheap outsourcing.

No.
And by their own statistics, less than 5% can do any tasks other than what they are specifically trained for.
Basic coding is the LAST field I would consider getting into. It has already be overtaken by low paid outsourcing. It IS the new textile industry.
Basic coding pays nothing, and highly likely to be replaced by both cheap labor as well as developing technology in computer programs that can do their own coding.
CODING IS DEAD.
Software development is where it is at, and even that is being taken over by cheap outsourcing.

You're talking out of your ass. I know better. Nearly everything you say here is 180° wrong.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/entry-level-software-engineer-salary-SRCH_KO0,29.htm

And he’s the brightest in the clown car.
He essentially just said the same shit Hillary said to the miners in 2016.

How can anyone that stupid be qualified to be president.
Hillary blasted the miners and Joe happily repeats her MASSIVE BLUNDER????

So when are all those mining jobs going to come back?
When the market demands coal.
The market will steer the economy.
Yeahhhhh...any day now....

Total Number Of Coal Plants Plummeting Globally

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

Yes, you can teach yourself to code, but most companies will not consider hiring you unless you have some sort of certification.

You usually have to take some courses in order to qualify for certification.

Yes, you can teach yourself to code, but most companies will not consider hiring you unless you have some sort of certification.

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire. Some even see them as a negative.

Trumptards don't appreciate the truth. They beg New York swindlers to lie to them as their careers go into the shitter.

coaljobs-01.png

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire.

What do you look for? How do you know if someone really knows how to code....if you do not mind me asking?

No.
CODING IS DEAD.

You're talking out of your ass. I know better. Nearly everything you say here is 180° wrong.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/entry-level-software-engineer-salary-SRCH_KO0,29.htm

Again wrong.
And your own graph shows it. Obviously you didn't really look at it.
Try again.

You usually have to take some courses in order to qualify for certification.
I don't think you realize how hard-up the tech world is for coders.

Trumptards don't appreciate the truth. They beg New York swindlers to lie to them as their careers go into the shitter.

coaljobs-01.png

Trolling again I see, you are working overtime today.
The thread was about a bone headed statement by Biden.
It wasn't about the glory of coal mining. It was about an idiotic statement he made.
Of course coal mining jobs are declining. And are never going to return.

coaljobs-01.png

It wasn't about the glory of coal mining. It was about an idiotic statement he made.
I was responding to post #6, mm-kay?

coaljobs-01.png

What advise would you offer these coal miners whose jobs are gone for good?

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire.

What do you look for? How do you know if someone really knows how to code....if you do not mind me asking?

Programming languages are man made - they're not a science, they're a technology. There are lot's of programming languages. Various companies offer certifications in their products.

Certifications are generally for entry level people.

Here's an example:

Home

The fact is, coal mining is dead, dead, dead.

The days of growing up to work in the same factory or mine as your daddy are long gone.

We need to be training our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

The longer the rube herd listens to lying fat fucks from New York about creating jobs that are never coming back, the more harm we are doing to our children and their children.

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire. Some even see them as a negative.

Certifications are for entry level people. Once people get experience they 'roll with the punches'.

Programming languages are man made - they're not a science, they're a technology. There are lot's of programming languages. Various companies offer certifications in their products.

Certifications are generally for entry level people.

Here's an example:

Home

I understand certifications

I was asking a specific person a question based upon their comment.

coaljobs-01.png

Why do they need advice? They are grown adults. They know what their needs are and what opportunities are available to achieve those needs.
Contrary to Democrats thinking, working Americans don't need babysitters.

coaljobs-01.png

It wouldn't be learn to code. Which is on it's way to becoming the next textile industry.
One advise I guess I would give them is to learn another trade. There are real shortages in electricians/plumbing/HVAC as well as skilled manufacturing. And many of them already have the kind of skills that can excel in these fields.

Forum List

Back