LEARN TO CODE JOE......what a buffoon lol

98 percent of America was involved in agriculture at the ratification of the Constitution.

Today, less than two percent are in agriculture, yet they are producing more food than ever.

If some stupid fat lying fuck promised to "bring back all those lost agriculture jobs", how profoundly stupid would you have to be to bleev him?

That is EXACTLY what is going on with mining jobs. Trump is lying to them. He's depending on them to be stupid enough to bleev him.

At least Biden and the Democrats are being honest with them. And all you dumb gullible fucks can chortle about is the delivery of that message.

Jesus Christ, you so deserve to be lied to by Trump. I swear to god. You totally deserve it.

And he’s the brightest in the clown car.
He essentially just said the same shit Hillary said to the miners in 2016.

How can anyone that stupid be qualified to be president.
Hillary blasted the miners and Joe happily repeats her MASSIVE BLUNDER????

So when are all those mining jobs going to come back?
When the market demands coal.
The market will steer the economy.

So never, right? Looks like Hillary was right after all.
Hillary wants the market to make the decision?

LOL. Fat chance. They bragged of destroying coal because it offends their weird religious beliefs.

Trumptards don't appreciate the truth. They beg New York swindlers to lie to them as their careers go into the shitter.

coaljobs-01.png

Trolling again I see, you are working overtime today.
The thread was about a bone headed statement by Biden.
It wasn't about the glory of coal mining. It was about an idiotic statement he made.
Of course coal mining jobs are declining. And are never going to return.

What advise would you offer these coal miners whose jobs are gone for good?
Stop listening to Democrats like you.

Software is one of the easiest industries to break into. The skills required can be learned by anyone with internet access, basic intelligence and the desire to do so. And if you have the skills, most tech companies don't care whether you have a degree or not.

Joe's a douchebag, but he's right on this one issue.
And you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
Uh, yeah. I actually do. I don't like injecting personal anecdotes into online debates, but I'll make an exception here. I've been living this for the last fifteen years. I've done it myself, and I've personally watched dozens of others do the same.

Tech abilities are no different than any other abilities, if you are an average person, with an average intelligence - at best - you will be average at that skill.

Yep. And guess what? Most working programmers are average.

The tech field is one of the hardest to excel in. And one that has some of the highest level of required dedication and basically... you have to live for the job to get beyond mediocrity.

We're not talking about "excelling", we're talking about making a living. Tech companies are desperate for people who can code, even those who are mediocre.

Yes, you can teach yourself to code, but most companies will not consider hiring you unless you have some sort of certification.

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire.

What do you look for? How do you know if someone really knows how to code....if you do not mind me asking?

A good github repo goes a long way. But the most important thing is just sitting down coding with them. What I look for is how they react to a large, convoluted codebase. A large part of the challenge of programming is coping with ignorance - having a sense for when it's important to grind on the details, and when it's ok to gloss over things for now. If you insist on understanding every detail, you'll get bogged down in minutiae. But if you gloss over everything, you're coding blind. A good developer doesn't get stymied by this dilemma. They jump in and start trying to sort it out, even when it seems like a daunting task.

It's about more than learning to code. It's about learning any job that will be around tomorrow.

THAT is the message.

It's about time someone told these people the TRUTH and the FACTS. Coal mining is a dead end. Time to start looking for your living in another field. Now. Immediately.

For the sake of yourselves and the future of your children.

Or you can choose to bleev the fat lying fuck from New York and suffer the consequences of your stupidity.

The fact is, coal mining is dead, dead, dead.

The days of growing up to work in the same factory or mine as your daddy are long gone.

We need to be training our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

The longer the rube herd listens to lying fat fucks from New York about creating jobs that are never coming back, the more harm we are doing to our children and their children.

I've learned 3 different skills/professions and lived in 4 different States. I've worked for more than 10 different employers.

Somehow I have little compassion for the 'my grand daddy was a miner, my daddy was a miner, and I'll always be a miner' crowd.

Clinton was right. What West Virginians need is new job skills and a willingness to relocate.

Not a bunch of lies from a New York Real Estate tycoon that never held a job in his life!

And you obviously don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
Uh, yeah. I actually do. I don't like injecting personal anecdotes into online debates, but I'll make an exception here. I've been living this for the last fifteen years. I've done it myself, and I've personally watched dozens of others do the same.

Tech abilities are no different than any other abilities, if you are an average person, with an average intelligence - at best - you will be average at that skill.

Yep. And guess what? Most working programmers are average.

The tech field is one of the hardest to excel in. And one that has some of the highest level of required dedication and basically... you have to live for the job to get beyond mediocrity.

We're not talking about "excelling", we're talking about making a living. Tech companies are desperate for people who can code, even those who are mediocre.

Yes, you can teach yourself to code, but most companies will not consider hiring you unless you have some sort of certification.

Certifications for coding are an industry joke. That's the last thing we look at when considering a new hire.

What do you look for? How do you know if someone really knows how to code....if you do not mind me asking?

A good github repo goes a long way. But the most important thing is just sitting down coding with them. What I look for is how they react to a large, convoluted codebase. A large part of the challenge of programming is coping with ignorance - having a sense for when it's important to grind on the details, and when it's ok to gloss over things for now. If you insist on understanding every detail, you'll get bogged down in minutiae. But if you gloss over everything, you're coding blind. A good developer doesn't get stymied by this dilemma. They jump in and start trying to sort it out, even when it seems like a daunting task.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Trump's Playboy interview:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?

TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?

TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it". He said they are genetic losers.

These dumb backward rubes still have not caught on they've been hoaxed by a New York limousine liberal.

He continues to hoax them because they don't have "it" and he knows he can lie through his teeth to them.

The Democrats should run an ad in the coal mining states:

"Donald Trump believes coal miners are genetically inferior beings who don't have what it takes to thrive."

And then quote directly from the Playboy interview.

"Donald Trump believes coal miners are genetically inferior beings who don't have what it takes to thrive."

That would require the left to be smart enough to think of that.

I fear your Hope's will be dashed.

Smart thinking on your part though

The democrat dream economy. Everyone works 30 hour shifts at Wal Mart or Wendy's. If their little charts say it is ok, they are golden. Bumping up the minimum wage, reducing the work hours, and forcing everyone to compete with illegals for service jobs, prog utopia.

The democrat dream economy. Everyone works 30 hour shifts at Wal Mart or Wendy's. If their little charts say it is ok, they are golden. Bumping up the minimum wage, reducing the work hours, and forcing everyone to compete with illegals for service jobs, prog utopia.

No, that's your wingnut paranoid delusion.

Strawman much?

And again the trolling.
He didn't spit on anyone, or infer any inferiority on anyone.
His point was about himself, and other people who became successful, that in order to rise above everybody you have to stop doing what everybody else is doing. He used coal mining communities as an example, and that other people have to leave their "mines" of dead endness and go do something else.

Strawman much?

I'm sorry, you guys are going for the Egypt model. Everyone has a government job. Yay.

Strawman much?

Obamacare killed people's work hours, both parties did high fives when good jobs left in mass, and the prog solution is forcing an artificial wage rate. Where the heck is the fallacy?

Trump's Playboy interview:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?

TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?

TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it". He said they are genetic losers.

These dumb backward rubes still have not caught on they've been hoaxed by a New York limousine liberal.

He continues to hoax them because they don't have "it" and he knows he can lie through his teeth to them.

There are people who are geared towards certain things. You're not going to make a carpenter into a lawyer, and you're not going to make a scientist into a football player.

People have different abilities and talents. It's just something you have to accept.

I learned this years ago when I was teaching music. When a new student entered the studio and started ranting off about sports, dressed in sports attire, I knew from those first few minutes this kid stood no chance at ever becoming a musician. Don't get me wrong, it's not because they didn't try. In fact, they probably tried the hardest. But people heavily interested in sports just don't have musical talents, I don't know why.

Most of the relatives on my fathers side were all in construction. My father got me into the union as a bricklayers apprentice when I was 18. Not only did I hate it, but I had no talent for it either. My father was an artist. He loved that kind of work and did it until he retired. We always laughed and said that if Dad ever hit the lottery, he'd go back to bricklaying tomorrow.

To the point, Joe is out of touch with the average person, especially in this technology era. He spent his life in politics and has no idea what it would take to totally change careers. It's hard enough switching places to work yet alone professions.

Forum List

Back