Least Educated State: California

When it comes to least educated States I must take issue with the ranking system. Florida is by far the least educated state. We can't count, we can't vote and no one seems to realize we are only one foot above sea level.
great - now being the worst is the best. :)

i think our educational system as a whole needs a ton of improvement and not just lip service. i view it as important as updating our infrastructure.

fyi - a coworker moved to texas from california 5 years ago or so. he said same neighborhood, middle class, a twist upward, but the schools in texas are far and away better than california and not even close.

dunno how they did the #'s and if biased one way or another well that's possible. but i do think there's room for improvement across the board.

California has a high population of immigrants both legal and illegal. Education means little to them.

In seventeen states, the percentage of residents 25 and older who at least graduated from high school was less than the nationwide percentage of 87.3 percent.

These seventeen states included: California (82.5 percent), Texas (82.8 percent), Mississippi (83.4 percent), Louisiana (84.3 percent), New Mexico (85 percent), Kentucky (85.2 percent), Alabama (85.3 percent), Arkansas (85.6 percent), Nevada (85.8 percent), West Virginia (85.9 percent), New York (86.1 percent), Georgia (86.3 percent), Tennessee (86.5 percent), South Carolina (86.5 percent), Arizona (86.5 percent), North Carolina (86.9 percent), and Rhode Island (87.3 percent).

———

California and New York get a lot of immigrants. But all those red states have no such excuse. Shame on them.

this explains so much.

Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9th Grade; No. 50 in High School Graduates

(CNSNews.com) - California ranks No. 1 among the 50 states for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 50th for the percentage who have graduated from high school, according to new data from the Census Bureau.

wow. texas took 2nd. we need to stop californians from coming here and dumbing us down.
however did we get the fifth largest economy in the world. hard work?

this explains so much.

Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9th Grade; No. 50 in High School Graduates

(CNSNews.com) - California ranks No. 1 among the 50 states for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 50th for the percentage who have graduated from high school, according to new data from the Census Bureau.

wow. texas took 2nd. we need to stop californians from coming here and dumbing us down.

The democrats don't need educated slaves. They need uneducated slaves, who will vote them power for a subsistence living...just like the days of feudalism...... that is what the democrats want......and are working to achieve.....they are sick monsters.

this explains so much.

I don't care what links you might provide. When it comes to stupid politicians, here in Texas, WE'RE NUMBER 1 !!!

Really? Nah. Cali has Max Waters, and New York has Ocasio Cortez. Texas doesn’t have anybody near as dumb as either of those bags.

LOUIE GOHMERT!!!
GohmertAsparagus.jpg

this explains so much.

The top three states probably also have some of the highest rates of foreign immigration, which could explain that statistic.

this explains so much.

Your data really narrows what they measure.

When using normal measurements California falls in 26th. Right in the middle.

The least educated state in America is Mississippi.

In fact all the top 10 most educated states are all blue. My blue state is in that top ten.

Only 1 in the top 10 least educated states is blue. The rest are all red.

I'm so not surprised you lied.

2018’s Most & Least Educated States in America

Last edited:
this explains so much.

The least educated state in America Mississippi.

In fact all the top 10 most educated states are all blue. My blue state is in that top ten.

not *my* data, just posted an article i thought was funny.

people need to lighten the fuck up.

this explains so much.

Yes you used a far right wing site that lies which makes your post a lie.

It's not funny nor is it the truth.

I posted the truth.

this explains so much.

Yes you used a far right wing site that lies which makes your post a lie.

It's not funny nor is it the truth.

I posted the truth.
i used a fucking link off drudge cause i thought it was funny.

you don't like it - build a god damn bridge and get over it cause i don't give a fuck at this point.

this explains so much.

I find that hard to believe. Cali has some great schools and loads of people pay up the ass to attend them.
article may be full of shit. hope so as my state is #2. :) i just posted it cause i thought it was funny and man, look at some dance in anger. :) speaking of which let me get back to johnny.
Stop confiding in other folks just because people called you out on your BS

this explains so much.

I don't care what links you might provide. When it comes to stupid politicians, here in Texas, WE'RE NUMBER 1 !!!

Really? Nah. Cali has Max Waters, and New York has Ocasio Cortez. Texas doesn’t have anybody near as dumb as either of those bags.
VBKGP5D65AI6RMHP776KX37ZIY.jpg

this explains so much.

Not surprising...the red part of California makes Florida look smart....

i was just in LA last summer. its too hot in the valley and smoggy downtown. it takes forever just to get around.

Wow , this is stunning we always thought the left said the blue states was the most educated?

educationchart1.jpg

California ranks No. 1 among the 50 states for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 50th for the percentage who have graduated from highschool, according to new data from the Census Bureau.

9.7 percent of California residents 25 and older, the Census Bureau says, never completed ninth grade. Only 82.5 percent graduated from high school.

In fact, the 2,510,370 California residents 25 and older who, according to the Census Bureau, never finished ninth grade outnumber the entirepopulations of 15 other states.

In California, children are required to attend school from six years of age until they are 18. “California’s compulsory education lawsrequire children between six and eighteen years of age to attend school, with a limited number of exceptions,” says the California Legislative Analyst’s Office, an agency of the California state government. (The National Center for Education Statistics also indicates that children in California are compelled by law to attend school from 6 to 18 years of age.)

That could be the best thing for kids, we need to protect children from indoctrination.

Heck California let's illegals vote for school elections, make California as dumb as possible

It seems to reflect the number of immigrants in each state

Adults who immigrate to the US without a HS education get counted gains the state. It is not a reflection of the school system

Forum List

Back