Left wing hypocrites (yes redundant) believe that the appearance of fairness......

Is the same thing as fairness.

Well, isn't that true. Then please explain the validity of affirmitive action and divirsity in the work place.

Go ahead, we are all waiting.

Did you mean "affirmative" and "diversity"?

Nope. AA was designed to get those discriminated against a way into the game, and it worked. Society is much less racist now and that is because there are very few of these still around:
d7b4853fb7f7bd540069228b0fe4-should-race-mixing-stop.jpg

Nope. AA was designed to get those discriminated against a way into the game, and it worked. Society is much less racist now and that is because there are very few of these still around:

Don't be silly.

You know very well it was a way to maintain power.

The Democrat Party was always the standard bearer for slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.

Pick up Caro's biography of LBJ....the author of 'affirmative action'....

Prior to 1957, LBJ “had never supported civil rights legislation- any civil rights legislation. In the Senate and House alike, his record was an unbroken one of votes against every civil rights bill that had ever come to a vote: against voting rights bills; against bills that would have struck at job discrimination and at segregation in other areas of American life; even against bills that would have protected blacks from lynching.” Robert Caro, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, vol.3,” p. xv.

So, what happened? An epiphany? The cynic in me says it was something else….

Don't be silly.

The Democrat Party was always the standard bearer for slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.
Nope...

Well, isn't that true. Then please explain the validity of affirmative action and diversity in the work place.

I am left wing and I don't believe in affirmative action...but I can tell you the basic reasoning why people do favor affirmative action and diversity:

A belief in egalitarianism over meritocracy.

As an American, I, personally, consider a meritocratic society to, at the end of the day, be more beneficial than an egalitarian society. However, the core of the argument for AA is based in the opposition of these two idea sets, and a leaning towards egalitarianism over meritocracy...not in a belief in hypocrisy. At the very least, educate yourself on what you are arguing against rather than decrying how "hypocritical" it is without even understanding the core belief which fuels the action of the idea set.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Well, isn't that true. Then please explain the validity of affirmative action and diversity in the work place.

I'm not sure about affirmative action in the work place since the company I work at doesn't follow it. But Diversity is good. I work in an engineering department with 2 Mexican male engineers (mechanical). 1 female Mexican engineer (electrical), 1 female Ecuadorian engineer (electrical and programming), 1 Chinese male engineer (programming), 1 Chinese female engineer (optics), 1 male Romanian (mechanical), 1 Brazilian male engineer (electrical), 1 male Australian engineer (optics), 1 male Polish engineer (technician), 1 male Indian engineer (mechanical) and two white guys (mechanical) and one Korean male (technician). Only, don't joke with the polish guy. He thinks he's being harassed.
The Ecuadorian lady and the Romanian guy support the Republicans. Everyone else support the Democrats.
The reason it's so diverse is that they are the best of those that apply. There are Republicans that work there. But they say the strangest things. Just like the ones on TV. You know that some of them really believed Obama was born in Kenya?

Hoped that helped.

I am left wing and I don't believe in affirmative action...but I can tell you the basic reasoning why people do favor affirmative action and diversity:

As an American, I consider a meritocratic society to, at the end of the day, be more beneficial than an egalitarian society. However, the core of the argument is based in the opposition of these two idea sets...not in a belief in hypocrisy. At the very least, educate yourself on what you are arguing against rather than decrying how "hypocritical" it is without even understanding the core belief which fuels the action of the idea set.
Holy shit. Everything out of a left winger is just hypocritical double talk. You are against affirmative action but but but......

Oh Fuck you

Holy shit. Everything out of a left winger is just hypocritical double talk. You are against affirmative action but but but......

Oh Fuck you

Wow. That didn't take long.

How would you feel about an affirmative action program for White Boyz Who Can't Afford a Spellchecker?

As an American, I consider a meritocratic society to, at the end of the day, be more beneficial than an egalitarian society. However, the core of the argument is based in the opposition of these two idea sets...not in a belief in hypocrisy. At the very least, educate yourself on what you are arguing against rather than decrying how "hypocritical" it is without even understanding the core belief which fuels the action of the idea set.

Oh Fuck you
Being against something doesn't mean you don't understand where it came from...in fact, if you are against something perhaps the first thing you should do is understand the opposing side's reasoning behind their beliefs.

As an extension, explaining the opposing point of view is not the same as supporting the opposing point of view. If you really think these things I highly suggest you give middle school another go. You might learn something.

Here is the first political discourse I have seen on this board....in response to other political discourse...by an admitted Left-Winger.

I mean it. Now, its not the greatest response... "at the end of the day" has long ago become like Chinese Water Torture...but compare the response to the Usual Left-Wing Response:

NUTTER!

HATER DUPE!

RACIST!

HOMOZENOISLAMOOBAMAPHOBE!

STUPID RUBE!

And you can see this one as Gold. Thanks.

Last edited:

Don't be silly.

Prior to 1957, LBJ “had never supported civil rights legislation- any civil rights legislation. In the Senate and House alike, his record was an unbroken one of votes against every civil rights bill that had ever come to a vote: against voting rights bills; against bills that would have struck at job discrimination and at segregation in other areas of American life; even against bills that would have protected blacks from lynching.” Robert Caro, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, vol.3,” p. xv.

LBJ signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the act you believe was unconstitutional.

That makes YOU the racist.

Oh Fuck you
Being against something doesn't mean you don't understand where it came from...in fact, if you are against something perhaps the first thing you should do is understand the opposing side's reasoning behind their beliefs.

As an extension, explaining the opposing point of view is not the same as supporting the opposing point of view. If you really think these things I highly suggest you give middle school another go. You might learn something.
Ok. You want to know what this is actually all about? The democrats have been using victimology as their prime political weapon for well over 50 years. It is divide and conquer and that it is all it is about. Everything else is bullshit.

That is where this comes from. Political gain, political expediency etc etc. A narrative that is pushed on us on a daily basis.

You are denying that the democrats have effectively used minorities as pawns for political gain? Get ready for the so called "war on women" crap along with class warfare all during the Billary campaign.

You think this is about anything other than political expediency?

Don't be silly.

LBJ signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the act you believe was unconstitutional.

That makes YOU the racist.

Apparently you believe there is some kind of logic in your post.

Oh Fuck you

Wow. That didn't take long.

How would you feel about an affirmative action program for White Boyz Who Can't Afford a Spellchecker?

Obviously you are a fucking loser. Not worth a bag of shit you stupid fucking pawn.

Ok. You want to know what this is actually all about? The democrats have been using victimology as their prime political weapon for well over 50 years. It is divide and conquer and that it is all it is about. Everything else is bullshit.

That is where this comes from. Political gain, political expediency etc etc. A narrative that is pushed on us on a daily basis.

You are denying that the democrats have effectively used minorities as pawns for political gain? Get ready for the so called "war on women" crap along with class warfare all during the Billary campaign.

I don't deny that the Democratic party is noted as being more pro-minority than the Republican party. You can argue whether or not it is victimology, but you cannot deny that (looking at the last census) the US is made up of ~25% minority / mixed races. Now, do you really think that, given that 1 / 4 people are minority / mixed race that it makes any sense for neither political party to discuss / support their issues?

With that said, Hillary Clinton, 100% does everything for her own personal political expediency. However, that doesn't not mean that all Democrats do nor that it is makes any sense to not address the issues of 25% of the population.

I don't deny that the Democratic party is noted as being more pro-minority than the Republican party. You can argue whether or not it is victimology, but you cannot deny that (looking at the last census) the US is made up of ~25% minority / mixed races. Now, do you really think that, given that 1 / 4 people are minority / mixed race that it makes any sense for neither political party to discuss / support their issues?

With that said, Hillary Clinton, 100% does everything for her own personal political expediency. However, that doesn't not mean that all Democrats do nor that it is makes any sense to not address the issues of 25% of the population.

No, democrats are not PRO-minority. That is the perception. Patronizing minorities IS RACISM. Using them for political gain IS RACISM. Making them believe they are nothing but VICTIMS IS RACISM.

Democrats have done a more to oppress minorities and they are experts at creating perception. Anyone that cannot see it are utterly and thoroughly brainwashed.

Period.

Forum List

Back