Lefties more simple minded...studies show this....

Liberals like the cnn, no matter how wrong they are and is being told that by more than one person. they just go ahead and keep digging their own crap hole to bury themselves in. I've never seen people like this before. at least not where I live. so funny:spinner:

Yet another trademark of the simple mind; "Let me run over to Wikipedia so I can find cliff notes for the definition of what I believe". If you need Wikipedia to formulate your argument for you don't bother, you've already lost the debate.
If you dismiss Wiki out of hand, you're making a similar mistake. They provide plenty of references to research. It's an excellent starting point. I find that those who knock it, often just don't like their conclusions. It's much the same as the criticisms of snopes. The in depth research is ignored because someone doesn't like what they read. That's much worse than relying on them too much.

If you need Wikipedia to formulate your argument for you don't bother, you've already lost the debate.
Yet you have made no argument, only denial. The mark of a complex thinker of course.

Oh you're just a veritable fountain of specious arguments, that coupled with the fact that you're not interesting enough to bother making fun of....please feel free to continue on with your parrot impression.

If you need Wikipedia to formulate your argument for you don't bother, you've already lost the debate.
Yet you have made no argument, only denial. The mark of a complex thinker of course.

Oh you're just a veritable fountain of specious arguments, that coupled with the fact that you're not interesting enough to bother making fun of....please feel free to continue on with your parrot impression.

they're another snob who just like to argue and believes their views has to be the right ones.

"Studies" show whatever they are designed to show

That's why I don't put too much stock in them

You forgot about the:

Trout fishermen of America

The basket weavers association of Brazil

And the American pediatrics association
Ah, you complex thinkers are too complex for a simple minded fact based dude like me.

?

Who said I was a complex thinker other then trouble shooting industrial machines and robotics?

Naw more like common sense and lived the past 50 years through
Yet another trademark of the simple mind; "Let me run over to Wikipedia so I can find cliff notes for the definition of what I believe". If you need Wikipedia to formulate your argument for you don't bother, you've already lost the debate.
If you dismiss Wiki out of hand, you're making a similar mistake. They provide plenty of references to research. It's an excellent starting point. I find that those who knock it, often just don't like their conclusions. It's much the same as the criticisms of snopes. The in depth research is ignored because someone doesn't like what they read. That's much worse than relying on them too much.

Its the same with most all media , just like watching CNN, MSNBC or fox, ya just have to take it as a starting point, leave the crap / opinions behind and research it further

Here is some more simple minded stuff...

Why almost all scientists believe in evolution:

Why most scientists support the theory of evolution

It is impossible to prove that the theory of evolution is absolutely true. The theory maintains that plant evolution, animal evolution and the major geological changes to the earth unfolded over billions of years. Thus, the full theory cannot be demonstrated in the laboratory. Processes like the rise of mountains and erosion are simply too slow to be observed during one person's lifetime. Elements of the theory (e.g. species evolution of fruit flies in the laboratory and of Tilapia fish in East African lakes) have been observed. But nobody was on hand to observe what the world and its life forms looked like hundreds of millions of years ago.

However, sufficient evidence exists in support of evolution to convince 99.85% of America's earth and life scientists that the theory is valid. Evolution is the key unifying theory that unifies many different branches of science, from cosmology to biology.

"Studies" show whatever they are designed to show

That's why I don't put too much stock in them

I don't usually, but they post how conservatives are dumb, always voting against their best interest, how watching Fox news is only watched by stupid people, blaaa blaaa blaaa. so I knew this study would blow their skirts up and Walla in they marched showing their brilliance by taking stuff of wiki.

And here's something more in line with the complex thinking of conservatives...

Why almost all conservative Protestants believe in creation science:

Their acceptance in creation science is based mainly on two fundamental beliefs:

topbul1d.gif
One of the most fundamental assumptions held by conservative Protestants is that the Bible was inspired by God and thus is without error, as originally written. Since the book of Genesis clearly describes that God created the universe, then it must be true. No other possibility exists.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

so I knew this study would blow their skirts up and Walla in they marched showing their brilliance by taking stuff of wiki.
A simple definition of scientific consensus? Well I'm sorry it wasn't complex enough for you.

Perhaps you could give the proper complex definition?

It is impossible to prove that the theory of evolution is absolutely true. The theory maintains that plant evolution, animal evolution and the major geological changes to the earth unfolded over billions of years. Thus, the full theory cannot be demonstrated in the laboratory. Processes like the rise of mountains and erosion are simply too slow to be observed during one person's lifetime. Elements of the theory (e.g. species evolution of fruit flies in the laboratory and of Tilapia fish in East African lakes) have been observed. But nobody was on hand to observe what the world and its life forms looked like hundreds of millions of years ago.

However, sufficient evidence exists in support of evolution to convince 99.85% of America's earth and life scientists that the theory is valid. Evolution is the key unifying theory that unifies many different branches of science, from cosmology to biology.
Uh-Huh, tell me what was the "consensus" regarding evolution before Charles Darwin came along?

:popcorn:

Keyword being theory

If being more simple minded means liberals are more likely to accept a scientific consensus than conservatives, no argument.
Except science doesn't operate by "consensus", if it did we'd still be operating under the notion that the Sun revolves around the Earth. Anyone that believes that the modern meme of "settled science" carries any real meaning is indeed simple minded and obviously doesn't understand the methods and objectives of science.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" -- Galileo Galilei

Galileo Galilei? What the Hell did he know? That heretic should have been burned on the stake.

Again you can believe you devolved from monkeys all you want

And I can believe in a God and was created all I want.

It has no bearing on our life styles today but when you want to force your AGW cult beliefs on the rest of us with no proof what so ever then we have a FUCKING problem.

Forum List

Back