Lefties more simple minded...studies show this....

you just proved the point of the study. there is NO consensus in Science. at least that's not what I was taught in school 40 years ago.
No one denies your ignorance.

ah look folks, the TYPICAL LIBERAL proving the study right again. it's not my fault you made a fool of yourself. so your petty little insults don't hurt me at all

Yo, Iceweasal.....as a person of reasonable intelligence, how does it feel knowing that Stephanie agrees with just about every comment you ever make? If I were you, I'd be compelled to pause and think about that.

Which is almost self defining, really, isn't it. I mean liberals are more likely to accept the scientific consensus on evolution and the scientific consensus on AGW than conservatives, and have been [asserted] to be more simple minded - more than conservatives I assume - according to the OP.

And after all, who could deny that fact based reasoning is simpler than inventing fairy stories? Not me.

Come again potsie?

Since when is natural climate change a fairy tale story?

To believe in the myth of the consensus is having "Faith" and "belief"

my gawd, we are in trouble when people buy into this being fed to them of how: Scientist are now the Gods we all have to live be.
Ah, more fairy stories. The OP is undoubtedly correct.
Says the poster that put forward accepting science by consensus as a litmus test, I'd say the more you keep posting in this thread the more you are proving the OPs assertion. Keep digging the hole digger though, eventually you'll get your Chinese Happy Meal. :)

The thing is that the scientific associations of the USA have given the consensus on global warming, and indeed evolution. Complex thinkers find this too simple.
Scientific consensus

Scientific consensus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scientific consensus is the collective judgment, position, and opinion of the community of scientists in a particular field of study. Consensus implies general agreement, though not necessarily unanimity.[1]

Consensus is normally achieved through communication at conferences, the publication process, replication (reproducible results by others), and peer review. These lead to a situation in which those within the discipline can often recognize such a consensus where it exists, but communicating to outsiders that consensus has been reached can be difficult, because the 'normal' debates through which science progresses may seem to outsiders as contestation.[2]

On occasion, scientific institutes issue position statements intended to communicate a summary of the science from the "inside" to the "outside" of the scientific community. In cases where there is little controversy regarding the subject under study, establishing what the consensus is can be quite straightforward.

Last edited:
The thing is that the scientific associations of the USA have given the consensus on global warming, and indeed evolution. Complex thinkers find this too simple.
Scientific consensus

Scientific consensus is the collective judgment, position, and opinion of the community of scientists in a particular field of study. Consensus implies general agreement, though not necessarily unanimity.[1]

Consensus is normally achieved through communication at conferences, the publication process, replication (reproducible results by others), and peer review. These lead to a situation in which those within the discipline can often recognize such a consensus where it exists, but communicating to outsiders that consensus has been reached can be difficult, because the 'normal' debates through which science progresses may seem to outsiders as contestation.[2]

On occasion, scientific institutes issue position statements intended to communicate a summary of the science from the "inside" to the "outside" of the scientific community. In cases where there is little controversy regarding the subject under study, establishing what the consensus is can be quite straightforward.

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

After taking a closer look at the paper, investigative journalists report the authors’ claims of a 97-pecent consensus relied on the authors misclassifying the papers of some of the world’s most prominent global warming skeptics. At the same time, the authors deliberately presented a meaningless survey question so they could twist the responses to fit their own preconceived global warming alarmism

Here are some statements of consensus from 'the inside'. Hope they're not too simple, it is science after all...

sauce
American Meteorological Society:
Climate Change: An Information Statement of the American Meteorological Society
"Indeed, strong observational evidence and results from modeling studies indicate that, at least over the last 50 years, human activities are a major contributor to climate change." (February 2007)

American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change
"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)

Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change
"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)

If being more simple minded means liberals are more likely to accept a scientific consensus than conservatives, no argument.
you just proved the point of the study. there is NO consensus in Science. at least that's what I was taught in school 40 years ago.
There's consensus about all sorts of things in science. It seems you need a refresher. The earth travels around the sun, instead of the other way around; the earth is billions of years old, rather than 6000; dinosaurs and humans did not wander the earth together; etc. Just because you don't agree with a certain point or points, doesn't mean there is no consensus.

Scientific consensus

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

After taking a closer look at the paper, investigative journalists report the authors’ claims of a 97-pecent consensus relied on the authors misclassifying the papers of some of the world’s most prominent global warming skeptics. At the same time, the authors deliberately presented a meaningless survey question so they could twist the responses to fit their own preconceived global warming alarmism

oh hey, they just overlook that MIGHT be happening because they can't ever be wrong in their small worlds.

Scientific consensus

Yet another trademark of the simple mind; "Let me run over to Wikipedia so I can find cliff notes for the definition of what I believe".

If you need Wikipedia to formulate your argument for you don't bother, you've already lost the debate.

Here are some statements of consensus from 'the inside'. Hope they're not too simple, it is science after all...

sauce
American Meteorological Society: Climate Change: An Information Statement of the American Meteorological Society
"Indeed, strong observational evidence and results from modeling studies indicate that, at least over the last 50 years, human activities are a major contributor to climate change." (February 2007)

American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change
"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)

Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change
"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)

You forgot about the:

Trout fishermen of America

The basket weavers association of Brazil

And the American pediatrics association

Ya I know all about the phony list

You forgot about the:

Trout fishermen of America

The basket weavers association of Brazil

And the American pediatrics association
Ah, you complex thinkers are too complex for a simple minded fact based dude like me.

Forum List

Back