Leftist California Has Highest Poverty Rate in America

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

One out of every fivel Californians now live below the poverty level.

Color me shocked.

Sky-high housing costs make California the country's poorest state
/—-/ Gov Brown needs to take drastic action by raising taxes on the evil 1%. They need to pay their fair share.

Out flow vs. inflow of Americans something the census does not directly measure is known primarily through Ryder and U-Haul rental rates. Those rates indicate that CA again became the nation's worse state during the Gray Davis period and has held on to its dubious distinction ever since. Calis are surprised that they are widely despised elsewhere.

So what are the other states or 'elsewheres' that despise California? I mean, who really cares what goes on in other states?

Out flow vs. inflow of Americans something the census does not directly measure is known primarily through Ryder and U-Haul rental rates. Those rates indicate that CA again became the nation's worse state during the Gray Davis period and has held on to its dubious distinction ever since. Calis are surprised that they are widely despised elsewhere.

So what are the other states or 'elsewheres' that despise California? I mean, who really cares what goes on in other states?

90% of the Californians that are trying to get out of this cesspool.

Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

Yt?
Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

In southern Mexifornia our traffic gridlock is caused by 10 million illegal and barely legal uninsured / under-insured Mexicans.
Send them packing and TA-DA!
But that's way too simple for Lefties to wrap their heads around...they must create complexity.
yes, all those people paying local taxes; almost like tourists with a work visa.

Yt?

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

There are HOV lanes for two or more (sometimes three or more) passengers in

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.
I just came back form 2 month in Europe; what a difference. Traveling by rail near 170mph sipping a glass of wine as the countryside flies by, I thought of the thousands hours I wasted sitting in traffic jams.

And the answer is:

funny-europe-size-of-texas-america.jpg
They travel by train because they built a high speed railway system.

Train travel is practical in Europe. Not so practical in the US.

HMGSGYg.jpg

The problem with the high speed rail lobby is that they want to use it where it is not suitable. A north-south rail line from say Corpus Christi to Minneapolis with spurs to Chicago, St Louis, et al would be much cheaper to build and could run faster than any of the other high speed rail routes already built or normally proposed.

But would the fare be cheaper than flying?

Would it be as fast as flying?

With your example in Europe, that would be Italy to Norway passing through three countries. Train travel in Europe is practical because of the size of Europe.

I IS FLOORED-------pictures of California always show GORGEOUS homes----with swimming pools and ----terrific vistas of lush green----and orchards and stuff that could support huge populations--------where do they hide the slums?

90% of the Californians that are trying to get out of this cesspool.

What do you mean by trying to get out. If someone doesn't like it here, all they have to do is move. Some posters on this forum sure have a hatred/obsession for California for some reason. Me, I'm sure I don't like Florida even though I've never been there. Hurricanes, heat, humidity, strange animal life and burmese pythons and alligators. That's all, not going to make a career posting and whining about Florida. A link below about what if California were a country.

What if California were a country?

The problem with the high speed rail lobby is that they want to use it where it is not suitable. A north-south rail line from say Corpus Christi to Minneapolis with spurs to Chicago, St Louis, et al would be much cheaper to build and could run faster than any of the other high speed rail routes already built or normally proposed.

With your example in Europe, that would be Italy to Norway passing through three countries. Train travel in Europe is practical because of the size of Europe.

More importantly the great plains route could bypass effectively all mountains and urban problems. How much that would reduce prices and travel time, I don't know but I would not be surprised if commuter tickets would reduce time from entering entry terminal to leaving destination terminal to less than that for flight. Costs should be lower.

I IS FLOORED-------pictures of California always show GORGEOUS homes----with swimming pools and ----terrific vistas of lush green----and orchards and stuff that could support huge populations--------where do they hide the slums?
In the red states

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

Color me shocked.

california has the sixth largest economy in the world you ignorant twit

Haha...right. You and I both know you can't be that retarded.
And BigMacs always turn out like the one featured in the ad campaign...right?
Here's Venezuela:
playaparguito2.jpg

Puerto Rico:
Dorado-Beach-Ritz-Carlton-Reserve-Puerto-Rico-BESTBEACHES0316.jpg

Mexico:
playa_de_akumal.jpg

Weird...huh....all these filthy shitholes full of dirty thirdworlders have nice pockets without filth....TA-DA!

There is also no mention of CA contains the hottest non-Volcanic location on the planet: Death Valley.

In the red states

Are you referring to Mississippi, Louisiana and those red states with all those dangerous black ghettos?

Color me shocked.

You're talking in circles now...I'll play along anyhoo.
You boast about California's grand success....This is so confusing...what exactly does this mean?
Does it mean that so long as Silicon Valley and Hollyweird is kicking ass no one really cares that the rest of the state is living like filthy human cockroaches? I mean, I thought "you people" hated inequality....no? But, but, but....this is different...right?
Allow this to sink in:
CA=12% of the national population..33% of the nations welfare recipients
CA=14.5% of residents live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation
CA=Home to more illegals than any other state..coincidence?
CA=Home to more incarcerated than any other state
Any questions? I'm willing to teach you more.

Color me shocked.

You boast about California's grand success....This is so confusing...what exactly does this mean?
Does it mean that so long as Silicon Valley and Hollyweird is kicking ass no one really cares that the rest of the state is living like filthy human cockroaches? I mean, I thought "you people" hated inequality....no? But, but, but....this is different...right?
Allow this to sink in:

no one is talking in circles. I made a clear statement of fact

again... california... 6th largest economy in the world which you rightwingnuts in the red states couldn't survive without the tax money you glom from it

Color me shocked.

Allow this to sink in:

no one is talking in circles. I made a clear statement of fact

again... california... 6th largest economy in the world which you rightwingnuts in the red states couldn't survive without the tax money you glom from it

Of course you're talking in circles…You nut-jobs are always talking about how you hate income inequality yet no other state in the nation can boast a greater gap between rich and poor. Aren't you programmed to hate Mexifonia and the way it functions?

Yt?

There are HOV lanes for two or more (sometimes three or more) passengers in

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.
I just came back form 2 month in Europe; what a difference. Traveling by rail near 170mph sipping a glass of wine as the countryside flies by, I thought of the thousands hours I wasted sitting in traffic jams.

And the answer is:

funny-europe-size-of-texas-america.jpg
They travel by train because they built a high speed railway system.

Train travel is practical in Europe. Not so practical in the US.

HMGSGYg.jpg

Not practical at all, though we have used it. One of the last train rides we took was from Richmond, VA to Boston. The toilet in the car overflowed somewhere in between and was not service, parts of the trips were as slow as a couple a miles an hour and no reason announced. Obviously we were late arriving in Beantown.

The last trip we took was from Boston to NYC, my son and I were on the perfect baseball trip, a game at Fenway and games - back to back - against The Giants v. the Yankees and Mets at their new ball parks.

The view along the sea shore in the NE were spectacular and the NYC subway took us directly to both City Park and Yankee Stadium.

Trains can and mostly do arrive near the destination for most travelers. A high speed rail system in CA for example is very practical for anyone traveling from SF to LA and back. To do so one needs a car or a cab, and driving in the Bay Area or the LA Basin is a choir unless one is on the highway between 0100 and 0300 - then and usually only then can one travel at highway speeds and not be caught at some point in gridlock.

Also the West Coast Corridor is relatively flat notwithstanding the Tehachapi's and will open up some Transit Villages for business meetings and conventions. Imagine a 4th or 5th grade class not only studying CA's history but actually being able to see sites along the way to a historic place.

Imaginer too going to Chicago from SF or LA at 150 MPH on the red eye, getting there in 20 hours with a good night sleep in a roomy reclining seat and not cramped in an aluminum tube.

Wouldn't it be great if we could solve the problem of hate and fear and not spend our resources on wars or preparing for wars, and using the money saved to protect our planet and explore our solar system?

Forum List

Back