Leftist California Has Highest Poverty Rate in America

Out flow vs. inflow of Americans something the census does not directly measure is known primarily through Ryder and U-Haul rental rates. Those rates indicate that CA again became the nation's worse state during the Gray Davis period and has held on to its dubious distinction ever since. Calis are surprised that they are widely despised elsewhere.

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

One out of every fivel Californians now live below the poverty level.

Color me shocked.

Sky-high housing costs make California the country's poorest state

The World Atlas's listings of what states are the poorest, certainly is different from your resource.
Eight of the poorest states are Red States, California is rated 18th and Minnesota, which your resource claimed was rated 14th, has actually the second lowest poverty rate.
US Poverty Level By State

Before I would come close to believing that, I would have to know who wrote it and who they are affiliated with.
California has the highest deficit of all states.

Explain how CA can have the highest deficit? The annual budget must by law be balanced.

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

Color me shocked.

The World Atlas's listings of what states are the poorest, certainly is different from your resource.
Eight of the poorest states are Red States, California is rated 18th and Minnesota, which your resource claimed was rated 14th, has actually the second lowest poverty rate.

Before I would come close to believing that, I would have to know who wrote it and who they are affiliated with.

Explain how CA can have the highest deficit? The annual budget must by law be balanced.
Cashflow must be balanced not income and expenses. For example many CA state owned buildings are mortgaged to the hilt, Calpers is underfunded and Calpers is way out into the badlands of risk v. reward as well to make up for the underfunding. Postponed maintenance like with the dam earlier this year is another dodge. People working for any level of CA government can be and sometimes are involuntarily excluded from social security and medi-care under the 10th amendment. They are also not covered by ERISA for when Calpers fails null instead of safe.

Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.
I only wish that the creators of the Interstate Highway System and these magnificent freeways could have envisioned this photo. Detroit was talking about a car in every garage then two cars in every garage and one sitting in the driveway. The freedom of open road was all over the silver screen.

Some Freedom!

traffic-jam-png.155282

Yt?
Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

There are HOV lanes for two or more (sometimes three or more) passengers in

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.
I just came back form 2 month in Europe; what a difference. Traveling by rail near 170mph sipping a glass of wine as the countryside flies by, I thought of the thousands hours I wasted sitting in traffic jams.

Yt?

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.
I just came back form 2 month in Europe; what a difference. Traveling by rail near 170mph sipping a glass of wine as the countryside flies by, I thought of the thousands hours I wasted sitting in traffic jams.
Only problem is you can't stop when you want to, can you?

Yt?

And the answer is:

funny-europe-size-of-texas-america.jpg

Yt?

And the answer is:

Great find

Color me shocked.

Cashflow must be balanced not income and expenses. For example many CA state owned buildings are mortgaged to the hilt, Calpers is underfunded and Calpers is way out into the badlands of risk v. reward as well to make up for the underfunding. Postponed maintenance like with the dam earlier this year is another dodge. People working for any level of CA government can be and sometimes are involuntarily excluded from social security and medi-care under the 10th amendment. They are also not covered by ERISA for when Calpers fails null instead of safe.

All caused by wage disparity effecting/affecting tax revenues.

Color me shocked.

It appears now the dumbest..

California’s high school exit exam is officially a thing of the past

Eighteen years after lawmakers agreed that California high school students should prove their skills on a final exam before earning diplomas, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Tuesday to permanently repeal the requirement.

Color me shocked.

Compare:

America’s Richest (and Poorest) States

Yt?

And the answer is:

Great find

Thank you!

Color me shocked.

Eighteen years after lawmakers agreed that California high school students should prove their skills on a final exam before earning diplomas, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Tuesday to permanently repeal the requirement.

Color me shocked.

Shame the rich left let so many live in poverty.

Color me shocked.

Compare:

America’s Richest (and Poorest) States

And what exactly is that article basing the wealth on....the value of 4-5 companies in Silicon Valley.

California is 9th richest, yet unemployment is 7th highest and poverty rate is 19 highest...the math sure doesn't look good.

Color me shocked.

Shame the rich left let so many live in poverty.

The rich left promote for and pay higher wages. I'm one of them.

Yt?

Only problem is you can't stop when you want to, can you?
I don't like stopping, I do that 500 times a day on the expressways. I just want to get to my destination as easy and fast as possible and trains do that quite well.

Yt?

And the answer is:

They travel by train because they built a high speed railway system.

The problem with the high speed rail lobby is that they want to use it where it is not suitable. A north-south rail line from say Corpus Christi to Minneapolis with spurs to Chicago, St Louis, et al would be much cheaper to build and could run faster than any of the other high speed rail routes already built or normally proposed.

The problem with the high speed rail lobby is that they want to use it where it is not suitable. A north-south rail line from say Corpus Christi to Minneapolis with spurs to Chicago, St Louis, et al would be much cheaper to build and could run faster than any of the other high speed rail routes already built or normally proposed.
St. Louis and Chicago? Why build high speed rail to those slums, those people won't be able to afford the fare.

Forum List

Back