Leftist California Has Highest Poverty Rate in America

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

One out of every fivel Californians now live below the poverty level.

Color me shocked.

Sky-high housing costs make California the country's poorest state
If you use the official poverty measure used by the government, California is about average with the rest of the country. However, if you use a supplemental poverty measure, California is in the lead. The right numbers, will support whatever claim you choose to make.

Better social programs can increase poverty but raises the standard of living.

• First, people survive longer. They get better medical care, better police protection, better housing, and better social services in general.
  • Second, states with strong social programs attract the poor from other states and from outside the country. I have a niece that has a child with Downs Syndrome who lived in Albuquerque. She found the social services and in particular the educational services available for her daughter far better in California so she moved there. This is not uncommon.
Some social programs such job training, childcare for working parents, and education are directed at reducing poverty. Most other social programs are directed at making life better for the poor.
Last I checked the US Census Bureau was an official department of the Federal government.
The official poverty rate is calculated by the Census Bureau. Mississippi is number 1. California is not in the top 10. The bureau collects a huge amount of demographic and personal financial information. Using this information, the bureau and others use this information to calculate various measures of poverty, one of which is presented in your link. However, it not the official poverty rate used by the federal government.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-states-with-the-highest-poverty-rate?slide=2
Census Bureau's Updated Poverty Statistics

<snicker>

Very wealthy area dear...I live right next to silicon valley .
Also the schools were the best in the land until Ronald Reagan was Governor.

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Silicon Valley. Where an 800 sq ft dump costs $1.5M.
The left hate the poor.
And what's the median income there, compared to let's say Mississippi or Louisiana?
Median salary in Silicon Valley is $38K a year.

Salaries, Average Salary & Jobs Pay

Lot of people can buy those 7 figure homes there, eh?
Where the house is at? Lol it's 120k sweet heart. Where I live also the median house is 2 mil and I don't any who makes less than 250k. I know it's hard to believe but people do earn good money when educated and have a brain that functions.
It’s $38K.
My link vs your word.

Silicon Valley average salary is $47,429, median salary is $38,000 with a salary range from $30,000 to $95,000. Silicon Valley salaries are collected from government agencies and companies.
Silicon Valley Salaries, Average …

This is Silicon Valley ...

Mountain View $1,418,076 $113,833 $25,489

San Francisco $1,826,000 $99,284 $21,439

San Jose $1,250,000 $96,710 $21,882

Stanford $1,620,000 $73,413 $31,907

Sunnyvale $1,309,656 $94,005 $22,069

Wrong again. Virginia is not a coal state.

:eek:

In 2015, about 897 million short tons of coal were produced in 25 states. Five states produced a total of about 639 million short tons, or about 71% of total U.S. coal production. The five largest coal producing states with production in million short tons and the share of total U.S. coal production in 2015:

• Wyoming: 375.8 (42%)
  • West Virginia: 95.6 (11%)
  • Kentucky: 61.4 (7%)
  • Illinois: 56.1 (6%)
  • Pennsylvania: 50.0 (6%)
Ok, now I’ll give you a geography lesson.

West Virginia and Virginia are two separate States.

Not originally, do you need a history lesson for why?
Lame attempt to spin the fact you didn’t know Virginia and West Virginia are different States.

I was the one that got Virginia confused not Wry Catcher .. I have been to DC. and the Jefferson Monticello ... Very beautiful area.

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

Color me shocked.

I wonder why this has not been reported in the DNC media. Strange no?

That's dumb, even for you.

The cost of housing in CA has been fact for a long time. Why would the DNC "report" that?

Dumb.

upload_2017-10-18_21-20-23.jpeg

Color me shocked.

If you use the official poverty measure used by the government, California is about average with the rest of the country. However, if you use a supplemental poverty measure, California is in the lead. The right numbers, will support whatever claim you choose to make.

Better social programs can increase poverty but raises the standard of living.

• First, people survive longer. They get better medical care, better police protection, better housing, and better social services in general.
  • Second, states with strong social programs attract the poor from other states and from outside the country. I have a niece that has a child with Downs Syndrome who lived in Albuquerque. She found the social services and in particular the educational services available for her daughter far better in California so she moved there. This is not uncommon.
Some social programs such job training, childcare for working parents, and education are directed at reducing poverty. Most other social programs are directed at making life better for the poor.
Last I checked the US Census Bureau was an official department of the Federal government.
The official poverty rate is calculated by the Census Bureau. Mississippi is number 1. California is not in the top 10. The bureau collects a huge amount of demographic and personal financial information. Using this information, the bureau and others use this information to calculate various measures of poverty, one of which is presented in your link. However, it not the official poverty rate used by the federal government.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-states-with-the-highest-poverty-rate?slide=2
Census Bureau's Updated Poverty Statistics

<snicker>
Read your link, Poverty Much Higher Under Alternative Measure.
As we have noted in previous posts, under the SPM methodology, California’s poverty rate over 2011 through 2013 was 23.4 percent, representing about 9 million people. This is much higher than the official poverty rate and the highest of any state’s SPM poverty rate, largely due to California’s high housing costs relative to the rest of the country. (We note that the SPM poverty rate is calculated using a different household survey than is used to calculate the official poverty rates referenced above. Due to a recent change in data collection practices for that survey, the Census Bureau's recent updates to poverty statistics this year did not include updated state-level SPM poverty rates.)

The fine governor Ronnie the Ray Gun started California on the road to ruin. The next few repuke governors kept it going. We finally got a good guy Gray Davis and the big money repukes got a recall and we wound up with shwartsenits. Jerry has been back and things are going rather well again. And Detroit was destroyed by ray Guns outsourceing.
Do you have any idea what year it is? Reagan was elected governor in 1967. And you mental cases are still blaming him for your failures? My God there is something wrong with you people.
Not blame but root cause.

When are you people going to be accountable for your policies? When your policies fail, it is because of someone else. Accountability is a term you people throw around only when you are holding other people to rules and standards.

The fine governor Ronnie the Ray Gun started California on the road to ruin. The next few repuke governors kept it going. We finally got a good guy Gray Davis and the big money repukes got a recall and we wound up with shwartsenits. Jerry has been back and things are going rather well again. And Detroit was destroyed by ray Guns outsourceing.
Do you have any idea what year it is? Reagan was elected governor in 1967. And you mental cases are still blaming him for your failures? My God there is something wrong with you people.

When are you people going to be accountable for your policies? When your policies fail, it is because of someone else. Accountability is a term you people throw around only when you are holding other people to rules and standards.

Which policies do you find suspect? How about don't tax and spend, the policy of the Republican Party which brought the State to near bankruptcy? Consider the cost to incarcerate so many for so many years:
  • Use a gun, got to prison (four people do a burglary, one has a gun in his possession and it was never produced during the crime; all are charged with this enhancement)
  • three strikes (a serious felony at age 18, a non violent crime at 25, and a stolen Snickers Candy Bar at age 45 and sentenced to 25 to life).
  • mandatory sentencing laws (taking away the discretion of the trier of facts).
How about kicking the can down the road, allowing a bridge to fail and fall into a river taking lives of citizens, only one of many dangers facing citizens by the neglect of legislatures and The Congress to do due diligence.

We need to rebuild America, the neglect by The Congress and fiscal conservatives is egregious and self serving. No one likes to pay taxes, but rational people understand taxes can be used for good if we elect fiscally responsible pols.

Which policies do you find suspect? How about don't tax and spend, the policy of the Republican Party which brought the State to near bankruptcy? Consider the cost to incarcerate so many for so many years:
  • Use a gun, got to prison (four people do a burglary, one has a gun in his possession and it was never produced during the crime; all are charged with this enhancement)
  • three strikes (a serious felony at age 18, a non violent crime at 25, and a stolen Snickers Candy Bar at age 45 and sentenced to 25 to life).
How about kicking the can down the road, allowing a bridge to fail and fall into a river taking lives of citizens, only one of many dangers facing citizens by the neglect of legislatures and The Congress to do due diligence.

We need to rebuild America, the neglect by The Congress and fiscal conservatives is egregious and self serving. No one likes to pay taxes, but rational people understand taxes can be used for good if we elect fiscally responsible pols.

I agree with parts of what you said. I'd rather have spending cuts on non essentials vs. tax cuts. You want to smash fiscal conservatives yet stand in favor of the mindset that views an increase less than a requested increase as a "cut"..... I.E., "I didn't get the amount I asked for" = a cut in spending.

Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I agree with parts of what you said. I'd rather have spending cuts on non essentials vs. tax cuts. You want to smash fiscal conservatives yet stand in favor of the mindset that views an increase less than a requested increase as a "cut"..... I.E., "I didn't get the amount I asked for" = a cut in spending.

Being fiscally responsible, if that is what you critque in the final clause above, is not my meaning. To be clear I support establishing priorities, for example if the roof leaks fix it, otherwise, when the rains or snows come the roof cannot do its job and the risk of losing the entire house and its contents exists.

Probably the only thing in which I agree with Trump was his promise (?) to put one trillion dollars into our nations infrastructure. Doing so has a number of cost-benefits and only one short term cost - increasing the nations debt.

We've allowed The Congress to kick the can down the road, and that road has pot holes, old and dangerous bridges and tunnels, grid lock and maintenance deferred for decades, for too long.

Yt?
Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

View attachment 155282

Yt?

View attachment 155282

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

In southern Mexifornia our traffic gridlock is caused by 10 million illegal and barely legal uninsured / under-insured Mexicans.
Send them packing and TA-DA!
But that's way too simple for Lefties to wrap their heads around...they must create complexity.

Color me shocked.

Very wealthy area dear...I live right next to silicon valley .
Also the schools were the best in the land until Ronald Reagan was Governor.

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Silicon Valley. Where an 800 sq ft dump costs $1.5M.
The left hate the poor.
They certainly do.

Forum List

Back