Leftist California Has Highest Poverty Rate in America

Yt?
Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

Location, location, location of course.
View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

There are HOV lanes for two or more (sometimes three or more) passengers in

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.

Yt?
Why would you pay half a million for a 93 square house on a 240 square metre block,and poorly built????

View attachment 155282

The photo is a perfect example of what is wrong in America. The oil, battery and tire lobby created this mess by lobbying Congress to eliminate public transportation.

Your photo neglects to note nearly every car in the commute is occupied by one person, who will pay a toll to cross a bridge and pay a fee to park in the urban center where many of them work. Maybe a third of them will be single issue voters who hate taxes and don't make the connection between what is fiscally responsible and what is not.

I thought california/L.A. had car pool lanes? And why are you blaming the company's, this is America and I guarantee you 80% of us don't like taking public transportation , so no lobbys need it.

On a side note, I remember my dad telling me when Chicago bought land to build their highways, no one would drive on them at first, they still took the side streets saying the highways were to fast. Lol

I've ridden the NYC Subway, DC's rapid transit, Boston old and slow commutter RR, Chitown's L, and in the Bay Area BART and CALTrain. Each system is packed with commuters in the morning and in the early evening, as solo driver's sit in grid lock and pay more in tolls, fuel and time than if they traveled via public systems.

How much does that cost now? The last time I rode on any commuter busses or trains in Chicago was when I was young, it is interesting down here on south Carolina I will take the electric bus downtown clemson and back to go to a resteraunt or bar, it's free for passeengers but hardly anyone uses it at those hours .

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

One out of every fivel Californians now live below the poverty level.

Color me shocked.

Sky-high housing costs make California the country's poorest state

The World Atlas's listings of what states are the poorest, certainly is different from your resource.
Eight of the poorest states are Red States, California is rated 18th and Minnesota, which your resource claimed was rated 14 percent, has actually the second lowest poverty rate at 8.9%.
US Poverty Level By State

Under Republican leadership California was #1 in economic opportunities, #1 in schools and as a world economy was ranked #6. Democrats are riding the carcass and California is ranked last in economic opportunities, #45 in schools and dropped to #7 as a world economy.

Color me shocked.

The World Atlas's listings of what states are the poorest, certainly is different from your resource.
Eight of the poorest states are Red States, California is rated 18th and Minnesota, which your resource claimed was rated 14th, has actually the second lowest poverty rate.
Before I would come close to believing that, I would have to know who wrote it and who they are affiliated with.
California has the highest deficit of all states.

Last edited:

Color me shocked.

Bullshit. We got the most per per capita. And frankly it's our one real industry. Sure we have agriculture, but it's not the job source it was before WWII. Just don't need the field hands no more. Y'all take away all the folks getting food stamps and "free" healthcare, our economy'd collapse. Thankyou generous Yankees.

LOL! Only an insane wack job would pay that for a cracker box house on no land!

What do you think ... er, believe (I almost forgot to whom I was responding) this size lot would be worth in Midtown Manhattan or upper Broadway (Pacific Hts) in San Francisco?

Yt?

How much does that cost now? The last time I rode on any commuter busses or trains in Chicago was when I was young, it is interesting down here on south Carolina I will take the electric bus downtown clemson and back to go to a resteraunt or bar, it's free for passeengers but hardly anyone uses it at those hours .

From Walnut Creek. to downtown SF cost $5.25 ($1.95 for seniors or students) one way. Driving the 35 miles and paying the toll at the Bay Bridge is $6.00 during the same commute hours, and parking in Downtown SF is a least $3.50 per hour. The driving commute to The City from WC can be anywhere from 30 minutes (non commute time) to over 90 minutes or longer depending on the number of accidents.

Postscript: The bridge toll is only driving into The City, the bridges leaving The City are toll free.

Last edited:

Color me shocked.

Major pay increase and price controls on housing.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Color me shocked.

Eight of the poorest states are Red States, California is rated 18th and Minnesota, which your resource claimed was rated 14th, has actually the second lowest poverty rate.
Before I would come close to believing that, I would have to know who wrote it and who they are affiliated with.

Here is a more current chart with author information.

List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia

It is nice to see that Arizona moved from number 3 to number 10 after their minimum wage increase.

When the smoke clears, the real problem for the middle class is lack of adequate pay.....

Data is from the united states census. I have never in my life filled out a census form. I can assure you I am not alone on this. The libtard gov cannot be trusted.

Color me shocked.

It is nice to see that Arizona moved from number 3 to number 10 after their minimum wage increase.

When the smoke clears, the real problem for the middle class is lack of adequate pay.....
You can keep your wiki entry, I will stick to the official dot gov data.
upload_2017-10-19_16-46-34.png

Census Bureau's Updated Poverty Statistics

Data is from the united states census. I have never in my life filled out a census form. I can assure you I am not alone on this. The libtard gov cannot be trusted.

Hey moron, census data is used to determine the amount of monies (federal taxes YOU paid) returned to States. By not completing census, you reduce the amount returned, screwing you, your family, and your neighbors.

Hey moron, census data is used to determine the amount of monies (federal taxes YOU paid) returned to States. By not completing census, you reduce the amount returned, screwing you, your family, and your neighbors.
Another media fed genius speaks. Strange, though, you being a genius and all, I thought my tax returns showed that. By golly!

Color me shocked.

You can keep your wiki entry, I will stick to the official dot gov data.
View attachment 155407
Census Bureau's Updated Poverty Statistics

Poverty is caused by low wages.

Americans shop at Walmart due to low wages.

Americans work for UBER and Lyft due to low wages.

7.6 million Americans work a second job due to low wages.

Another media fed genius speaks. Strange, though, you being a genius and all, I thought my tax returns showed that. By golly!

Hey moron, census data covers more than wages.

Here, educate yourself....

Census.gov

Census.gov
Anything put out by the government is suspect.

Census.gov
Anything put out by the government is suspect.

That's what Putin wants you to believe. Why don't you try being an American and support the middle class.

Forum List

Back