Legal pot in Colorado claims it's first victim

What pot does to your mind is it immediately unhinges any doors to any vaults of repressed issues and they all come flooding out at once. Edible pot is the worst for this because unlike smoking it, it stays in your body for days sometimes, making and keeping you high as a kite.

Let's see your science on this please.

I'll try to hold uproarious laughter until you produce it.

Those are not my words. Link to the thread

You are despicable.

I smoked a lot of pot back in the day, I never hallucinated.

Same here but from what I'm hearing from today's growers and users reefer is FAR more potent than it was back in the day. There are also processes available to create ultra pure THC which is truly dangerous.

I am a recovered alcoholic and drug abuser. I smoked pot and drank heavily for years. I generally insist that pot is less dangerous to life and limb that booze is but I haven't smoked any of today's stuff so I'm basing my opinion on past experience.

I work really close to one of the biggest growers in Colorado called "Medicine Man." They buy products from my retail store and I've spoken to the owner about today's marijuana. He said that one hit of his stuff is equal to an entire joint of the stuff of yesteryear. Now if you were to concentrate that potency into a piece of candy or other edible and end up eating a lot of candy or edibles then the result could potentially be dangerous.

The coffee shops in Amsterdam often see the results of American tourists who eat cannabis for the first time, mostly the results are sleep not murder. Now if you combine it with some pharmaceuticals and alcohol and throw in some wacky religious beliefs about the end of the world, who knows what that might do. The man needs to be charged with murder and put away for a long long time. I feel bad for the kids. What a terrible way to to loose your mother.

What pot does to your mind is it immediately unhinges any doors to any vaults of repressed issues and they all come flooding out at once. Edible pot is the worst for this because unlike smoking it, it stays in your body for days sometimes, making and keeping you high as a kite.

This lady and her kids aren't laughing. Strains of strong pot caused this man's mind to expand too much. More than he could presently handle. It doesn't happen to all people all the time. Just some people some of the time. Especiallyl if very heavy thoughts have been bothering them and they've been trying to push them back. Pot opens that door immediately whether or not you want it to.

Some people experience a sublime flood of happiness, especially if their lives are basically mellow with just a few ups and downs. Not everyone is as fortunate and this guy is a case in point.

Drugs affect people. That's a fact. Pot is a drug because it affects people. The experiment is go eat a big fat pot brownie after someone you know has died or your wife just left you and get back to me..

So anyone with psychotic or especially depressive issues will find themselves overwhelmed with a tidal wave of emotions and they will in fact become psychotic if those thoughts and issues are harrowing enough. For those regular maintenance stoners this isn't a problem because they've been bleeding out that repressed stuff for a long time. It's the occasional first time users and people with big issues that society has to worry about.

It's like having a group of people walk up to you and tell you when you're depressed "you're fat, your ugly, you're stupid and worthless and nobody will ever love you"...and those thoughts going through your head over and over and over in a very magified an inescapable way. I went through this when I was a troubled teen and thought it would be cool to eat a pot brownie. Let me tell you, I was begging a friend to take me to an emergency room and have me put into an artificial coma until the issues went away. There is no escape. The effects as such lasted for almost 2 full days.

is that what happened to you went you used pot??

Those are not my words. Link to the thread

You are despicable.

I never said they were your words - they are the words of Siloutte.

Apologize for lying and saying I was quoting you immediately

This lady and her kids aren't laughing. Strains of strong pot caused this man's mind to expand too much. More than he could presently handle. It doesn't happen to all people all the time. Just some people some of the time. Especiallyl if very heavy thoughts have been bothering them and they've been trying to push them back. Pot opens that door immediately whether or not you want it to.

Some people experience a sublime flood of happiness, especially if their lives are basically mellow with just a few ups and downs. Not everyone is as fortunate and this guy is a case in point.

Drugs affect people. That's a fact. Pot is a drug because it affects people. The experiment is go eat a big fat pot brownie after someone you know has died or your wife just left you and get back to me..

emotional dodge of the question?
How dishonest.

Link your science.

The idiots like Bill O'rielly who won't entertain alcohol in a pot conversation, because it destroys their position would support the OP. There should be a ? mark behind it to make it an open statement!

Pot does not make you hallucinate. See LSD!

If you are nuts, and you smoke pot - you may still be nuts! :eusa_whistle:

How many alcohol fueled killings in Colorado this year?

Dunno, that's another topic. Start a thread & find out.

It's germaine to the topic. If you compare alcohol-related deaths to marijuana-related deaths, you will probably find alcohol comes out way ahead on the death match. Since you are trying to argue that a pot-related death justifies pot being illegal, then one has to apply that exact same "logic" to another drug which is legal and see if that argument holds water.

When we do this, we find your argument doesn't hold a drop.

Last edited:

Same here but from what I'm hearing from today's growers and users reefer is FAR more potent than it was back in the day.

I literally cannot remember a time in my entire lifespan where this same statement hasn't been tossed around constantly. And I don't expect I ever will. Next.

emotional dodge of the question?
How dishonest.

Link your science.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Go eat a pot brownie just after someone close to you died or your wife left you. That's where this guy was at.

You prove to me that different people in different states of mind are not affected by this narcotic differently. Your pharmacy sells you stuff too that if you take in a certain state can really mess you up. A drug is a drug. All drugs ultimately come from plants so what's the difference between one plant-based drug and another?

We just assumed all the crap about the birth certificates, Obama being a Muslim, Obama being from Kenya, and the insistence that the elections were fixed were due to you being high on cheap mary jane.

You must be high right now if you think I said any of those things. Not that you ever cared about accuracy.

Last edited:
How many alcohol fueled killings in Colorado this year?

It's germaine to the topic. If you compare alcohol-related deaths to marijuana-related deaths, you will probably find alcohol comes out way ahead on the death match. Since you are trying to argue that a pot-related death justifies pot being illegal, then one has to apply that exact same "logic" to another drug which is legal and see if that argument holds water.

When we do this, we find your argument doesn't hold a drop.

What fucking argument?

The stupid is strong with you liberals today

No - it's not another topic. The point of your thread is that Pot should not be legalized because it allegedly led to the death of someone. In 2009 alone 465 people died in Colorado in alcohol related auto accidents alone.

You cannot hide your hypocritical double standard behind "start another thread"

You're an idiot. This thread has no particular point. I'm neither anti nor pro pot. I simply posted a story to see how people felt about it.

Now crawl back in your hole

And the story has no particular logic. It says the guy bought "pot laced candy"-- even if we limit ourselves to that, and even if he ate the candy, how do we know it wasn't the sugar? Candy's more likely than cannabis. Unless this guy suddenly and magically came up with the first cannabis plant in seven thousand years that makes its user violent and angry instead of docile and introspective...

Last edited:

So, maybe people should be registered and licensed before they can use pot.

They should have to take a class.

Those that are being treated for mental illness shouldn't be allowed to buy pot.

Those that committed domestic violence shouldn't be allowed to buy pot.

Do you think felons should be allowed to use and buy pot?

So, maybe people should be registered and licensed before they can use pot.

Those that are being treated for mental illness shouldn't be allowed to buy pot.

Those that committed domestic violence shouldn't be allowed to buy pot.

Do you think felons should be allowed to use and buy pot?

So, maybe people should be registered and licensed before they can use alcohol.

Those that are being treated for mental illness shouldn't be allowed to buy alcohol.

Those that committed domestic violence shouldn't be allowed to buy alcohol.

Do you think felons should be allowed to use and buy alcohol?

YOU SOUND LIKE A GUN CONTROL NUT!

Molon labe, baby!

Last edited:

Same here but from what I'm hearing from today's growers and users reefer is FAR more potent than it was back in the day. There are also processes available to create ultra pure THC which is truly dangerous.

I am a recovered alcoholic and drug abuser. I smoked pot and drank heavily for years. I generally insist that pot is less dangerous to life and limb that booze is but I haven't smoked any of today's stuff so I'm basing my opinion on past experience.

I work really close to one of the biggest growers in Colorado called "Medicine Man." They buy products from my retail store and I've spoken to the owner about today's marijuana. He said that one hit of his stuff is equal to an entire joint of the stuff of yesteryear. Now if you were to concentrate that potency into a piece of candy or other edible and end up eating a lot of candy or edibles then the result could potentially be dangerous.

Well, I don't know enough about it since I haven't smoked pot in about 35 years, but back then I also took THC in pill form. Still didnt hallucinate, and I know what they are since I also did acid and mushrooms.

I think that the lesson to be learned here is that guns don't kill people. Pot kills people.

:clap2:

Indeed. When some nutjob goes berserk on a gun fetish and lays out a dozen innocents, the fetishists come out of the woodwork to defend Almighty Gun -- when there's a gun and cannabis (and who knows what else) --- hey, the pot plant did it!

Having it both ways: priceless.

So anyone with psychotic or especially depressive issues will find themselves overwhelmed with a tidal wave of emotions and they will in fact become psychotic if those thoughts and issues are harrowing enough. For those regular maintenance stoners this isn't a problem because they've been bleeding out that repressed stuff for a long time. It's the occasional first time users and people with big issues that society has to worry about.

It's like having a group of people walk up to you and tell you when you're depressed "you're fat, your ugly, you're stupid and worthless and nobody will ever love you"...and those thoughts going through your head over and over and over in a very magified an inescapable way. I went through this when I was a troubled teen and thought it would be cool to eat a pot brownie. Let me tell you, I was begging a friend to take me to an emergency room and have me put into an artificial coma until the issues went away. There is no escape. The effects as such lasted for almost 2 full days.

It is wrong to make blanket statements about pot (or in truth about any drug) as to how it affects people. It doesn't affect me in the way you described, and I have observed a LOT of stoned people and it appears that each person is affected in different ways. I never got paranoid, and I only occasionally got hungry.

Forum List

Back