Legalize POT. Here's some reasons to legalize pot!

Legal pot

• Total voters
[...]

And the last reason pot will never be legalized is the fact that so much revenue is generated by it. Pot is the #1 cash crop in the US. You can't expect me to believe that none of that revenue is not making it into the hands of money hungry politicians. In fact, I'm sure they are making far more money under the table than they would by taxing it.

So pot heads like you have no future in a police state ruled by corporate America. If you have a problem with it, go rent a room with Edward Snowden.
The glaring flaw in your specious reasoning is your use of the term, "pothead," which is not intelligently definable and occurs as an indication of bias or ignorance, or both.

While you are correct about the corruption in politics you should know that in spite of it marijuana already is legal in two states and the general public is becoming informed and growing increasingly tired of the unjustifiable and wholly counterproductive prohibition. So repeal is a matter of time.

So if you've never tried marijuana, you should. You might be surprised about how mistaken you are now.

There is only one way for the government to legalize pot. If Americans actually grow some gonads and stand up to the ever expanding Big Brother then they may decide it is better to have us all stoned. In fact, they might force us to smoke that crap.

As for trying it, I have not even though I have been offered. In this society everyone is offered it as some point. I simply have no interest in it nor do I want any dependence to it. I've seen too many dead heads dedicate their entire lives to that silly plant while working odd meaningless jobs cause they don't want evade drug testing.

No thanks.

Besides, smoking will just plain kill you as it is.

Legalizing pot won't make it a mandatory activity. I don't smoke it now...and if it were legal, I still wouldn't use it. But less of my tax dollars would go into the Drug War Paramilitary Industrial Complex.

The glaring flaw in your specious reasoning is your use of the term, "pothead," which is not intelligently definable and occurs as an indication of bias or ignorance, or both.

While you are correct about the corruption in politics you should know that in spite of it marijuana already is legal in two states and the general public is becoming informed and growing increasingly tired of the unjustifiable and wholly counterproductive prohibition. So repeal is a matter of time.

So if you've never tried marijuana, you should. You might be surprised about how mistaken you are now.

There is only one way for the government to legalize pot. If Americans actually grow some gonads and stand up to the ever expanding Big Brother then they may decide it is better to have us all stoned. In fact, they might force us to smoke that crap.

As for trying it, I have not even though I have been offered. In this society everyone is offered it as some point. I simply have no interest in it nor do I want any dependence to it. I've seen too many dead heads dedicate their entire lives to that silly plant while working odd meaningless jobs cause they don't want evade drug testing.

No thanks.

Legalizing pot won't make it a mandatory activity. I don't smoke it now...and if it were legal, I still wouldn't use it. But less of my tax dollars would go into the Drug War Paramilitary Industrial Complex.

That is the place I place my greatest concern for our freedoms.

[...]

And the last reason pot will never be legalized is the fact that so much revenue is generated by it. Pot is the #1 cash crop in the US. You can't expect me to believe that none of that revenue is not making it into the hands of money hungry politicians. In fact, I'm sure they are making far more money under the table than they would by taxing it.

So pot heads like you have no future in a police state ruled by corporate America. If you have a problem with it, go rent a room with Edward Snowden.

Potheads are people who say wow a lot and eat everything in the house. Everyone knows that.

[...]

Potheads are people who say wow a lot and eat everything in the house. Everyone knows that.

like people at church.

two things bad that pot does do, and I will admit it since I have smoked since 1977, it raises your sugar level and triglycerides. My VA doc chews my ass out every time I get my urinalysis.

Last edited:
[...]I've seen too many dead heads dedicate their entire lives to that silly plant while working odd meaningless jobs cause they don't want evade drug testing.
You are talking about dysfunctional persons who undoubtedly engage in a host of self-destructive behaviors. If you were exposed to a different social category I assure you that you'd have a very different impression of people who enjoy marijuana.

Smoking anything is not good. But don't be fooled by Reefer Madness propaganda which asserts marijuana is as harmful as tobacco because it is not. Which, again, is not to say smoking anything isn't harmful to some degree.

What you should understand is smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. And when it is legalized you will see a wide variety of edible marijuana products, such as brownies, carrot cakes, chocolates, etc. The only reason smoking marijuana is so commonplace today is the prohibition, which impedes expanded usage awareness.

like people at church.

No, they say amen a lot and eat everything in the house.

[...]I've seen too many dead heads dedicate their entire lives to that silly plant while working odd meaningless jobs cause they don't want evade drug testing.
You are talking about dysfunctional persons who undoubtedly engage in a host of self-destructive behaviors. If you were exposed to a different social category I assure you that you'd have a very different impression of people who enjoy marijuana.

Smoking anything is not good. But don't be fooled by Reefer Madness propaganda which asserts marijuana is as harmful as tobacco because it is not. Which, again, is not to say smoking anything isn't harmful to some degree.

What you should understand is smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. And when it is legalized you will see a wide variety of edible marijuana products, such as brownies, carrot cakes, chocolates, etc. The only reason smoking marijuana is so commonplace today is the prohibition, which impedes expanded usage awareness.

Well I hope that you find your pot utopia. I just wish people had as much zeal to defend their right to a phone call without it being tapped by the NSA as they do wanting to get high. Most don't understand the connection between the nanny state and freedoms such as the one you wish to have. An all knowing all powerful government will demand your tax lobbying dollars before ever granting your wish. Then when they legalize it, at best the government legalizes it and levies a steep sin tax on it. Then they will jack up your medical costs for smoking it.

Last edited:
Well I hope that you find your pot utopia. I just wish people had as much zeal to defend their right to a phone call without it being tapped by the NSA as they do wanting to get high. Most don't understand the connection between the nanny state and freedoms such as the one you wish to have. An all knowing all powerful government will demand your tax lobbying dollars before ever granting your wish.

At best, the government legalizes it and levies a steep sin tax on it. Then they will jack up your medical costs for smoking it.

Correction.

As a Libertarian I support freedom across the board.

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

While I don't smoke, I support you right to do so.

I also like using my phone and laptop without Obama's monitoring.

Well I hope that you find your pot utopia. I just wish people had as much zeal to defend their right to a phone call without it being tapped by the NSA as they do wanting to get high. Most don't understand the connection between the nanny state and freedoms such as the one you wish to have. An all knowing all powerful government will demand your tax lobbying dollars before ever granting your wish.

At best, the government legalizes it and levies a steep sin tax on it. Then they will jack up your medical costs for smoking it.

Correction.

As a Libertarian I support freedom across the board.

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

While I don't smoke, I support you right to do so.

I also like using my phone and laptop without Obama's monitoring.

You do but so what? How many people out there are like this who are investing in bringing about change? I see the crowds assemble in places like Colorado to be able to smoke their weed, but where are the crowds assembles to protest the NDAA which affords the government to detain you without due process and other vital Constitutional and inalienable rights?

It's like I've always said, Americans will petition their government to have freedom to have sex and do drugs, but care less about the rest of their freedoms.

Maybe they can combine the gay pride rallies with the pot rallies so as to double their forces.

Forum List

Back