Legalize POT. Here's some reasons to legalize pot!

Legal pot

• Total voters

1. It weakens the drug cartels....Note how the "cartels" want away after we legalized booze around 90-100 years ago.
2. We could set a standard for quality. Right now you don't know what you're getting as they could grow it with some really bad stuff.
3. We could tax it and fund programs that help people. This certainly has been good for controlling cigs!
4. The war on drugs is just stupid and it takes away resources better used for violent crimes.
5. Minorities love smoking it and it's kind of unfair to them. Let's be honest there's a little bit of truth to it.
6. It is dumb to imprison someone over a leaf.

Vote YES OR NO.

Legalize marijuana and tax it's use to get people off the stuff? You gotta laugh at this kind of logic. The point is that pot heads can get hold of a couple of seeds and grow the stuff in their basement and smoke it until their brains drain out of their ears but that ain't what they want. They want to make a good old capitalist buck by selling it to our kids.

I'm not so sure a government takeover of the marijuana business is a good idea. Decriminalization, yes. Legalization, no.

I'm not so sure a government takeover of the marijuana business is a good idea. Decriminalization, yes. Legalizing, no.

Agreed. The government need not regulate cannabis any more than poppy seeds. A law against selling it to kids? Fine.

We have a great need to turn the nation into one more closely resembling Somalia.

I think if someone wants to smoke pot in their own home that's ok and their business as long as there are no children in the home.

The government makes more money on it by keeping it illegal. That's the ONLY reason it's still illegal.

The "war on drugs" is wasting taxpayer money. The people that want it illegal are the people that sell it at inflated costs because it is illegal.

Waste of our tax dollars? Since when do you question Big Brother in terms as to what is best for us?

If government knows what is best for us in terms of our health care, and retirement, and how much we should earn etc etc, then they will also know what drugs we should have access to.

Just say'in.

It sounds like someone is only concerned about our freedoms when it comes to taking drugs. Funny how ignoring the loss of all of our other freedoms is why you kids can't legally go get high.

Last edited:
Sheesh..what makes pot heads believe growers or distributors want pot legalized, it's big business, they can afford to payoff corrupted liberal representatives at the local, county and state levels at far less cost.

The reason to legalize pot, imo:

- Prohibition doesn't work and only makes criminalization Very Profitable for criminals.

- Prohibition doesn't work and only makes criminalization Very Profitable for criminals.

If that could be accomplished with minimal government intervention and the private individual could grow a limited supply, eh, minimal problem with me.

Now caught distribution to kids, driving a vehicle or in a public/private employment where the public is placed in danger...serious jail time.

If that could be accomplished with minimal government intervention and the private individual could grow a limited supply, eh, minimal problem with me.

Now caught distribution to kids, driving a vehicle or in a public/private employment where the public is placed in danger...serious jail time.

It's illegal to sell alcohol to kids...or to drive while under the influence. The same standards should apply to pot.

Prohibition didn't work. Neither does legalization since we spent the next 50 years criminalizing various aspects of legalization.

Everything the prohibitionists said would happen if alcohol was legalized did happen. So we criminalize, giving alcohol to minors, drunk driving, drunk in public, alcohol fueled spousal abuse. Instead of paying for the police and courts to prosecute alcohol possession, we pay for prosecution of alcohol related crimes, we pay for rehab, we pay for loss of productivity. The aggregate of what we pay for far outweighs the costs of prohibition. And, this all comes from a fact that not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic! The few who are totally control the expenditures related to alcohol. With pot it's different. There is no reason to use pot, other than get high. On top of the millions of alcoholics we have, we will add millions more pot heads and expect that somehow this will be different. There's no after dinner pot, or pot to enhance the flavor of that roast. It's just to get high.

No wonder the government wants more immigrants. They know that Americans are drifting towards living in a drug induced haze leaving no one to mind the store.

Government can't save people from themselves. Hold them accountable for actually hurting other people; that's about the extent of what it can effectively accomplish.

There is no Utopian Solution, so pick where you want to err: freedom or totalitarian control.

[...]

And the last reason pot will never be legalized is the fact that so much revenue is generated by it. Pot is the #1 cash crop in the US. You can't expect me to believe that none of that revenue is not making it into the hands of money hungry politicians. In fact, I'm sure they are making far more money under the table than they would by taxing it.

So pot heads like you have no future in a police state ruled by corporate America. If you have a problem with it, go rent a room with Edward Snowden.
The glaring flaw in your specious reasoning is your use of the term, "pothead," which is not intelligently definable and occurs as an indication of bias or ignorance, or both.

While you are correct about the corruption in politics you should know that in spite of it marijuana already is legal in two states and the general public is becoming informed and growing increasingly tired of the unjustifiable and wholly counterproductive prohibition. So repeal is a matter of time.

So if you've never tried marijuana, you should. You might be surprised about how mistaken you are now.

Last edited:

1. It weakens the drug cartels....Note how the "cartels" want away after we legalized booze around 90-100 years ago.
2. We could set a standard for quality. Right now you don't know what you're getting as they could grow it with some really bad stuff.
3. We could tax it and fund programs that help people. This certainly has been good for controlling cigs!
4. The war on drugs is just stupid and it takes away resources better used for violent crimes.
5. Minorities love smoking it and it's kind of unfair to them. Let's be honest there's a little bit of truth to it.
6. It is dumb to imprison someone over a leaf.

Vote YES OR NO.

Actually the main reason is:

We are FREE PEOPLE whose right to self medicate is secured by the Ninth Amendment

As has been explained to me, pot isn't an issue. It's a symptom of a widespread disease. A mental defect. We don't have too many drugs or a need to legalize pot. We have too many people who cannot get through the day unless they are high. They use pot the way they use prescription drugs. To not have real feelings or problems to solve. Get high, smoke a joint, forget about it. Legalizing pot in the United States will have the same effect as legal qat has in Yemen. It will eventually paralyze the nation as the people slip into drug induced hazy somnolance.

Social engineers look to marijuana to serve the same purpose that soma did in Brave New World.

"And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there's always soma to give you a holiday from the facts. And there's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle.

That's the goal behind the legalization of pot.

[...]

And the last reason pot will never be legalized is the fact that so much revenue is generated by it. Pot is the #1 cash crop in the US. You can't expect me to believe that none of that revenue is not making it into the hands of money hungry politicians. In fact, I'm sure they are making far more money under the table than they would by taxing it.

So pot heads like you have no future in a police state ruled by corporate America. If you have a problem with it, go rent a room with Edward Snowden.
The glaring flaw in your specious reasoning is your use of the term, "pothead," which is not intelligently definable and occurs as an indication of bias or ignorance, or both.

While you are correct about the corruption in politics you should know that in spite of it marijuana already is legal in two states and the general public is becoming informed and growing increasingly tired of the unjustifiable and wholly counterproductive prohibition. So repeal is a matter of time.

So if you've never tried marijuana, you should. You might be surprised about how mistaken you are now.

There is only one way for the government to legalize pot. If Americans actually grow some gonads and stand up to the ever expanding Big Brother then they may decide it is better to have us all stoned. In fact, they might force us to smoke that crap.

As for trying it, I have not even though I have been offered. In this society everyone is offered it as some point. I simply have no interest in it nor do I want any dependence to it. I've seen too many dead heads dedicate their entire lives to that silly plant while working odd meaningless jobs cause they don't want evade drug testing.

No thanks.

Besides, smoking will just plain kill you as it is.

Last edited:
Pot legalization will serve to deepen and widen the divisions that already exist. They will give cities, towns, neighborhoods the ability to ban pot. The nation will shift around with non drug users gravitating to safe areas and users being shoved into their own little places.

Forum List

Back