Legalize POT. Here's some reasons to legalize pot!

Legal pot

• Total voters
When you've harmed someone else or taken what doesn't belong to you, then we talk about illegality. Until then, it's none of your business.

Yup.. turn over more control and responsibility to this government..:eusa_doh:..what, you guys must be smokin pot or something...?

When you've harmed someone else or taken what doesn't belong to you, then we talk about illegality. Until then, it's none of your business.

Remove the need for prescriptions and make all drugs over the counter ?

Asked and answered. When you hurt someone or steal, then the criminal justice system can get involved. Before then, it's just more nanny state nonsense.

That said, if you want to argue that the criminal penalty for NON consensual activity should be harsher when one is under the influence of drugs, fine. I very well may support your argument. For instance, while I don't care at all what drugs you do, if you drive under the influence and hurt someone else, I'm all for a MUCH harsher penalty than if you were driving sober and caused the same accident.

But no, I do not believe we need government to dictate the requirement for prescriptions...as long as we're talking about consenting adults.

Remove the need for prescriptions and make all drugs over the counter ?

Hyperbole flakes for breakfast? Yum..

You are a I can put anything I want in my body proponent ?

Not exactly (I support decriminalization and treatment over incarceration for the use of "illegal" narcotics) There are some narcotics that should not be available over the counter, but this discussion is about marijuana specifically. It absolutely should be treated the same as alcohol.

but this discussion is about marijuana specifically.

Actually, I responded to the assertion you can put anything you want in your body.

Good for you. I'm trying to get the thread back on topic, which is Mary Jane and nothing else. Legalize it. Tax it. Regulate the fuck out of it.

if you tax it too high

it once again falls into the products that get smuggled

and a re awakening of the cartels

1. It weakens the drug cartels....Note how the "cartels" want away after we legalized booze around 90-100 years ago.
2. We could set a standard for quality. Right now you don't know what you're getting as they could grow it with some really bad stuff.
3. We could tax it and fund programs that help people. This certainly has been good for controlling cigs!
4. The war on drugs is just stupid and it takes away resources better used for violent crimes.
5. Minorities love smoking it and it's kind of unfair to them. Let's be honest there's a little bit of truth to it.
6. It is dumb to imprison someone over a leaf.

Vote YES OR NO.

THAT ! is one of the reasons used in 1937 to make it illegal, ALL the huge conglomerates was in favor of making it illegal, William Randolph Hearst, the oil barons, and the booze industry were in favor of banning it, it is all right here: The Book « JackHerer.com

Actually, I responded to the assertion you can put anything you want in your body.

Good for you. I'm trying to get the thread back on topic, which is Mary Jane and nothing else. Legalize it. Tax it. Regulate the fuck out of it.

if you tax it too high

it once again falls into the products that get smuggled

and a re awakening of the cartels

Sorry, you can't compare the black market cigarette trade to drugs. There aren't people with automatic weapons growing tobacco in our state fucking parks.

Last edited:

1. It weakens the drug cartels....Note how the "cartels" want away after we legalized booze around 90-100 years ago.
2. We could set a standard for quality. Right now you don't know what you're getting as they could grow it with some really bad stuff.
3. We could tax it and fund programs that help people. This certainly has been good for controlling cigs!
4. The war on drugs is just stupid and it takes away resources better used for violent crimes.
5. Minorities love smoking it and it's kind of unfair to them. Let's be honest there's a little bit of truth to it.

Vote YES OR NO.

THAT ! is one of the reasons used in 1937 to make it illegal, ALL the huge conglomerates was in favor of making it illegal, William Randolph Hearst, the oil barons, and the booze industry were in favor of banning it, it is all right here: The Book « JackHerer.com

there is hemp

and then there is weed

Vote YES OR NO.

They used minorities to scare people into making it illegal. It was the lumber and booze barons. Hemp would give a huge boost to our economy.

Hemp would give a huge boost to our economy.

Sperm oil too.

Stripping_blubber_from_a_whale.jpg

Ya know..I've noticed mostly Democrats want to legalize pot and trust big government to control them, what does that tell you?

Hemp would give a huge boost to our economy.

Sperm oil too.

And thanks for playing really bad analogies! As a consolation, you get this amazing Brazilian Power Crystal!

You don't need to destroy an intelligent species to grow hemp. Hemp provides food, clothing and fuel without depleting soil the way many crops and fiber plants do. It requires less water and fewer pesticides. Our ridiculous prohibition on growing a goddamn plant is hurting us.

Forum List

Back