Let Me Get This Straight About Impeachment Over Trump's Ukraine Phone Call

in this case the two are the same and cant be separated,,,so his responsibilities as POTUS stand above the rest,,,

They are not one in the same and they should be kept separate.

Trump the POTUS can use his DOJ through official channels. Once he includes his personal lawyer he has now made it about the campaign and not corruption.

We have been told that Obama used the Fed Govt against Trump..:using your standard he was within his right to do so

and he is using the DOJ thats why he told Ukrain to contact them

no dbl standards

He also told them to talk to his personal attorney

OK,,,

Which shifted it from the actions of the President of that US to a candidate using the power of his office against an opponent.

We should not approve of such things

using the DOJ proves you wrong,,,

as potus its his responsibility to fix corruption and running for office doesnt protect you from that
He can't break the law to do that. His job is to uphold the law, not break it.
as POTUS he broke no laws
Of course he did. It's illegal to solicit campaign help from a foreign national -- which is what he did when he asked the president of Ukraine to find dirt on one of his political rivals.

his responsibilities as POTUS override that
There is no presidential responsibility that allows a president to break the law. You have a serious malfunction.

Here is your chance to do what no libtard has done thus far. What law was broken?

And yet, she didn't. She paid Fusion GPS, an American company. There's no law against that.
so great. trump can setup a company to do this for him.

if you're gonna let one side bypass this for any stated reason, you must allow all. period. end of story. this one sided shit is killing us all and people are so quick to put the noose around their neck and kick out their own chair because they hate the other side so much they can't see they're really looking in a mirror.

As long as Trump the candidate does it, it would be fine.

When Trump the president uses the power of the Fed Govt to do it, that changes things.

Surely you can see the difference...right?

in this case the two are the same and cant be separated,,,so his responsibilities as POTUS stand above the rest,,,

Trump the POTUS can use his DOJ through official channels. Once he includes his personal lawyer he has now made it about the campaign and not corruption.

We have been told that Obama used the Fed Govt against Trump..:using your standard he was within his right to do so

no dbl standards
And Bill Barr stated that is simply not true,

said he was not involved in the Ukraine.

No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:
A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.
yet the hillary campaign paid steele. where was he from again?
And yet, she didn't. She paid Fusion GPS, an American company. There's no law against that.

if you're gonna let one side bypass this for any stated reason, you must allow all. period. end of story. this one sided shit is killing us all and people are so quick to put the noose around their neck and kick out their own chair because they hate the other side so much they can't see they're really looking in a mirror.
I'm not letting anyone pass. Trump solicited aid from a foreign national. That's illegal.

Hillary solicited aid from Fusion GPS. They're an American firm and that's legal.

Fusion GPS solicited aid from a foreign national at Hillary's request for dirt on her opponent in an election That's illegal.

The President of the United States asked for cooperation from a foreign head of state, and that is perfectly legal.

When Trump the president uses the power of the Fed Govt to do it, that changes things.

no dbl standards

got a link??

Apparently it’s because the blob asked a foreign power to investigate the son of a political opponent in return for military aid.
The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office. This is where you and many other people are being led astray. I don’t care about whether or not trump gets impeached over this, the fact remains that asking for information about someone allegedly committing a crime transcends elections. But if you want to go ahead and support stopping anyone from being investigated because they happen to also be running in an election then go right ahead. But be honest with yourself about it.
"The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office."

That applies to Trump too.
No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:
A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.

The law says donations or contributions. Try reading the law instead of assuming what it says.

The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office. This is where you and many other people are being led astray. I don’t care about whether or not trump gets impeached over this, the fact remains that asking for information about someone allegedly committing a crime transcends elections. But if you want to go ahead and support stopping anyone from being investigated because they happen to also be running in an election then go right ahead. But be honest with yourself about it.
"The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office."

That applies to Trump too.
yet the hillary campaign paid steele. where was he from again?

The Hillary Campaign DID NOT hire or pay for Steele. The Hillary Campaign asked their law firm to opposition research. The law firm hired Fusion GPS, an American company, to provide that research. The Hillary Campaign paid Fusion GPS for opposition research. Hillary's lawyers only spoke to Fusion GPS, and had no knowledge of who was conducting that research.

In legal terms, this is called an "arm's length transaction". Hillary had no connection to or communication the researcher. Steele didn't know who the client was. That is how you do it.

But all of this talk of Biden and Hillary and what happened in past administrations is absolutely irrelevant to Donald J. Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government into "finding" evidence to smear Joe Biden in exchange for Javelin missiles. This is a flat out illegal abuse of power, a sell out of his country, and an impeachable offence.

So if Trump hires an American company to solicit campaign funds from foreign donors that would be perfectly legal using your logic?

no dbl standards

OK,,,

Which shifted it from the actions of the President of that US to a candidate using the power of his office against an opponent.

Not in the least. Using the DOJ was separate from using his personal attorney. One was done as his duty as POTUS and the other was done to help his political campaign.

The latter was wrong to do

no dbl standards

OK,,,

Not in the least. Using the DOJ was separate from using his personal attorney. One was done as his duty as POTUS and the other was done to help his political campaign.

opinions vary,,,

OK,,,

opinions vary,,,

As always.

no dbl standards

got a link??

Attorney General Bill Barr was "surprised and angry" to find that President Trump had grouped him together with his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani during a controversial July 25 phone call with the president of Ukraine, a source "familiar with Barr's thinking" tells the AP.

Between the lines: The anonymous leak to the AP suggests a possible effort by Barr to distance himself from the Ukraine scandal that ignited a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last week. The whistleblower complaint at the heart of the scandal alleges that Trump solicited foreign interference in the 2020 election by asking Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden, and that both Giuliani and Barr appeared to be involved.

• "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it," Trump told Zelensky, according to a summary of the call released by the White House.
  • Justice Department officials say Barr was not aware of the phone call until mid-August.
Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly "surprised and angry" at Trump-Ukraine phone call

no dbl standards

got a link??

Attorney General Bill Barr was "surprised and angry" to find that President Trump had grouped him together with his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani during a controversial July 25 phone call with the president of Ukraine, a source "familiar with Barr's thinking" tells the AP.

Between the lines: The anonymous leak to the AP suggests a possible effort by Barr to distance himself from the Ukraine scandal that ignited a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last week. The whistleblower complaint at the heart of the scandal alleges that Trump solicited foreign interference in the 2020 election by asking Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden, and that both Giuliani and Barr appeared to be involved.

• "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it," Trump told Zelensky, according to a summary of the call released by the White House.
    • Justice Department officials say Barr was not aware of the phone call until mid-August.
Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly "surprised and angry" at Trump-Ukraine phone call

your link doesnt back up your claim,,,

no dbl standards

got a link??

Barr thinks AG stands for Almighty God

no dbl standards

got a link??

Between the lines = whatever the fuck you want it to mean.

no dbl standards

got a link??

Justice Department officials say Barr was not aware of the phone call until mid-August.

I think even most Republicans would admit that Trump is just plain stupid

His diplomatic skills are almost child like and left him open to impeachment charges. I can’t think of any other president from either party who would be so naive

1. Opens up with a reminder that the US is the only one in Ukraine’s corner and that Europe can’t be counted on
2. Enters a discussion on military aid (which he had frozen just a week before) and when Zelensky raised the subject of Javelin missile sales ....
3. Trump immediately pounces with........I need a favor “though”
4. Rather than hide his personal favors in with some generic US policy favors, he lists two favors that only pertain to him and the coming election
5. Has his aides tie a personal visit to the President with progress on his “favors”

Any other President or Mafia Don would be more subtle in their requests and have the actual details handled by underlings

Trump deserves impeachment for shear stupidity

Last edited:

no dbl standards

got a link??

Justice Department officials say Barr was not aware of the phone call until mid-August.
great. i'm referring to the statement in your own article "between the lines" and i stand by what i said. when you read between the lines, you put together what you want.

i'd prefer facts, not supposition based on emotional desires.

no dbl standards

got a link??

Sure seems like it does, since Barr was never made aware of the call and demand to meet with Barr, when Barr knew nothing about it....

Also, July 25 was not the first mention of needing dirt on Biden and Crowdstrike, it had been going on for months with our Diplomats, and Ambassadors and Giuliani with the Ukraine gvt... of which we have the text messages to prove it....

Yet Barr claims he knew nothing until 3 weeks after the phone call....?

I think even most Republicans would admit that Trump is just plain stupid

His diplomatic skills are almost child like and left him open to impeachment charges. I can’t think of any other president from either party who would be so naive

1. Opens up with a reminder that the US is the only one in Ukraine’s corner and that Europe can’t be counted on
2. Enters a discussion on military aid (which he had frozen just a week before) and when the subject of Javelin missile sales comes up...
3. Trump immediately pounces with........I need a favor “though”
4. Rather than hide his personal favors in with some generic US policy favors, he lists two favors that only pertain to him and the coming election
5. Has his aides tie a personal visit to the President with progress on his “favors”

Any other President or Mafia Don would be more subtle in their requests and have the actual details handled by underlings

Trump deserves impeachment for shear stupidity
if we were to punish people for being stupid, pretty sure you'd only be allowed to post during your 5 minutes of exercise time from prison.

no dbl standards

got a link??

Sure seems like it does, since Barr was never made aware of the call and demand to meet with Barr, when Barr knew nothing about it....

Also, July 25 was not the first mention of needing dirt on Biden and Crowdstrike, it had been going on for months with our Diplomats, and Ambassadors and Giuliani with the Ukraine gvt... of which we have the text messages to prove it....

Yet Barr claims he knew nothing until 3 weeks after the phone call....?
and schiff tweeted a month ahead of the release about it. where's your outrage there?

selective, as usual. our side good, your side bad.

every
single
fucking
time

Forum List

Back