Let Me Get This Straight About Impeachment Over Trump's Ukraine Phone Call

So let me see if I understand the Democrats' position on this: Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid from Ukraine if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukrainian company that was paying Biden's drug-using, Navy-discharged-for-drug-use son Hunter $50K per month--and that's no big deal, nothing to see here. But, Donald Trump's request to Ukraine that Ukraine investigate the suspicious, apparently corrupt firing of that prosecutor is an impeachable offense!
Can you imagine what Democrats would be saying if Trump had a troubled son, if that troubled son were hired by a Ukrainian company for the amazing salary of $50K per month (even though the son possessed no job skills that would justify such a salary), if a Ukrainian prosecutor began to investigate the company that was paying Trump's troubled son such an exorbitant salary, if Trump then threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the prosecutor weren't fired, and if Ukraine then fired the prosecutor? They would justifiably argue that this smelled to high heaven of corruption.
So the Democrats want to impeach Trump because he wanted Ukraine to investigate what clearly appears to have been a case of corruption involving Joe Biden, his son, and the Ukrainian company, and the previous Ukrainian government that fired the prosecutor.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MIKE:
  • If Trump puts his hand on his daughter's side in a public greeting of affection, he is a pedophile groping her.
  • If Trump wants to limit access from the 5 most terrorist-laden countries in the world, he's a deranged xenophobe.
  • If Trump wants positive control over illegal aliens, he's broken a campaign promise because he hasn't gotten it done yet the first year with 100% resistance against him.
  • But when unqualified Hunter gets amazing gravy contracts immediately everywhere Daddy goes, its just good innocent business.
  • When the DOJ declines to prosecute Hillary on the list of felonies given by the head of FBI because they want to keep her in the race, she's innocent of all charges.
  • And when Obama promotes himself for years as Kenyan-born and Indonesian and Hawaiian raised and someone just points that out, they become a Birther.
It's called The Illusion of Delusion: When you lie so much hoping others are deceived that you end up only deceiving yourself.

A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.
yet the hillary campaign paid steele. where was he from again?
And yet, she didn't. She paid Fusion GPS, an American company. There's no law against that.
so great. trump can setup a company to do this for him.

if you're gonna let one side bypass this for any stated reason, you must allow all. period. end of story. this one sided shit is killing us all and people are so quick to put the noose around their neck and kick out their own chair because they hate the other side so much they can't see they're really looking in a mirror.

As long as Trump the candidate does it, it would be fine.

When Trump the president uses the power of the Fed Govt to do it, that changes things.

Surely you can see the difference...right?

in this case the two are the same and cant be separated,,,so his responsibilities as POTUS stand above the rest,,,

They are not one in the same and they should be kept separate.

Trump the POTUS can use his DOJ through official channels. Once he includes his personal lawyer he has now made it about the campaign and not corruption.

We have been told that Obama used the Fed Govt against Trump..:using your standard he was within his right to do so

Apparently it’s because the blob asked a foreign power to investigate the son of a political opponent in return for military aid.
The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office. This is where you and many other people are being led astray. I don’t care about whether or not trump gets impeached over this, the fact remains that asking for information about someone allegedly committing a crime transcends elections. But if you want to go ahead and support stopping anyone from being investigated because they happen to also be running in an election then go right ahead. But be honest with yourself about it.
"The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office."

That applies to Trump too.
No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:
A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.

The Hillary Campaign DID NOT hire or pay for Steele. The Hillary Campaign asked their law firm to opposition research. The law firm hired Fusion GPS, an American company, to provide that research. The Hillary Campaign paid Fusion GPS for opposition research. Hillary's lawyers only spoke to Fusion GPS, and had no knowledge of who was conducting that research.

In legal terms, this is called an "arm's length transaction". Hillary had no connection to or communication the researcher. Steele didn't know who the client was. That is how you do it.

But all of this talk of Biden and Hillary and what happened in past administrations is absolutely irrelevant to Donald J. Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government into "finding" evidence to smear Joe Biden in exchange for Javelin missiles. This is a flat out illegal abuse of power, a sell out of his country, and an impeachable offence.

The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office. This is where you and many other people are being led astray. I don’t care about whether or not trump gets impeached over this, the fact remains that asking for information about someone allegedly committing a crime transcends elections. But if you want to go ahead and support stopping anyone from being investigated because they happen to also be running in an election then go right ahead. But be honest with yourself about it.
"The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office."

No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:

The Hillary Campaign DID NOT hire or pay for Steele. The Hillary Campaign asked their law firm to opposition research. The law firm hired Fusion GPS, an American company, to provide that research. The Hillary Campaign paid Fusion GPS for opposition research. Hillary's lawyers only spoke to Fusion GPS, and had no knowledge of who was conducting that research.

In legal terms, this is called an "arm's length transaction". Hillary had no connection to or communication the researcher. Steele didn't know who the client was. That is how you do it.

But all of this talk of Biden and Hillary and what happened in past administrations is absolutely irrelevant to Donald J. Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government into "finding" evidence to smear Joe Biden in exchange for Javelin missiles.
uh huh. when you standards shift like the desert sands, i just don't give a shit what you say. you've NEVER AT ANY POINT criticized the left. EVER.

makes you a pompom waving cheerleader and hardly someone to give a flip about your opinions.

And yet, she didn't. She paid Fusion GPS, an American company. There's no law against that.

if you're gonna let one side bypass this for any stated reason, you must allow all. period. end of story. this one sided shit is killing us all and people are so quick to put the noose around their neck and kick out their own chair because they hate the other side so much they can't see they're really looking in a mirror.

When Trump the president uses the power of the Fed Govt to do it, that changes things.

in this case the two are the same and cant be separated,,,so his responsibilities as POTUS stand above the rest,,,

Trump the POTUS can use his DOJ through official channels. Once he includes his personal lawyer he has now made it about the campaign and not corruption.

We have been told that Obama used the Fed Govt against Trump..:using your standard he was within his right to do so

and he is using the DOJ thats why he told Ukrain to contact them

no dbl standards

Let's try that with credible sources...
Snowflakes always try to discredit the source when they can't debunk what is being reported.

Anyone can make unfounded accusations...
The Democrats have proven that the last 3+ years...

Bwuhahahahaha

You have no sources to discredit... When you do produce them they are Infowars level of information...

Has someone not brought you aside and told you that those websites rot your mind... You come on here everyday and you are getting worse.. You can't see facts anymore...

You have lost any objectivity, that is why you base your arguments in facts, you can't...

Get some fucking help..
This from a guy who STILL believes Russiagate, Trump is Putin’s puppet, and now Ukrainegate. Have you no shame?

Apparently, you haven't read the Mueller Report. It said the ONLY reason Trump didn't conspire with Russia, is that they thought he's too stupid. Every day, in every way, Trump is aiding and abetting Vladimir Putin.

Trump has confessed to extorting the Ukrianians. It's not even a question.

No, the report never said that. You are just too stupid to read and comprehend what the report said.

So let me see if I understand the Democrats' position on this: Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid from Ukraine if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukrainian company that was paying Biden's drug-using, Naval-Academy-expelled, Navy-discharged-for-drug-use son Hunter $50K per month--and that's no big deal, nothing to see here..

The prosecutor was not at the time investigating the Ukrainian company.

Hunter Biden did not ever go to the Naval Academy, thus he could not have been expelled from it.

Hope that helps your confusion.
_______

No---Hunter Biden could NEVER EVER have gotten into the Navel Academy.

But, he did manage to get into the Navy itself---and got booted out for using cocaine.

Then, with such superior qualifications as that, a mere two months later---he gets put on the Board of a Ukraine Oil and Gas Company at $50,000 to $80,00 thousand a MONTH---even though he doesn't know shit about Oil and Gas OR Ukraine, but his Dad is VEEP and is in charge of policy on Ukraine and distribution of money to Ukraine. Honest Americans want to know more about that. Its disgusting if not criminal, and if not criminal--it ought to be.

But, you, being a moron, figure you have won the argument by pointing out the technical error in the mention of the Navel Academy.

Hang on... The cocaine use came from an anonymous source... That means that anonymous sources are good...

This changes everything.... Hunter Biden mightn't be great but Trump is a fucking childish idiot if that is the case...

Great Biden's son doesn't look too well... No lets investigate the Trump Kids...

Ivanka Trump Is Already Trying to Use the Presidency to Sell Things

So Ivanka is disgusting... Do you want me to work on Dumb and Dumber as well?

The cocaine use was determined by a drug test, dumbass! They don't kick you out based on anonymous accusations like Democrats seem to want to do.

no dbl standards
guilani is on the DOJ?

So let me see if I understand the Democrats' position on this: Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid from Ukraine if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukrainian company that was paying Biden's drug-using, Navy-discharged-for-drug-use son Hunter $50K per month--and that's no big deal
THAT is a LIE....

The prosecutor was not investigating Burisma at the time of the loan guarantee being held back.... how many TIMES do ya'll have to be told such?

It was USA policy, and the EU. UK. IMF and World bank's stance to remove the corrupt prosecutor,

because he DID NOT investigate companies such as Burisma... and did not help the EU prosecutors, prosecute Burisma,

Years prior to Hunter's employment, when the Russian Puppet President hired Shokin as prosecutor.

exactly how would it stop any investigation on any corrupt companies by hiring a new incorruptible prosecutor?

but the prosecutor said he was investigating them at the time of his firing,,,

so you need to get better info cause yours is wrong
He is lying...... making up an excuse for Giuliani and to try to make himself look better after being shown to be corrupt and in the Russian' s pocket....

It was looked in to by deputy prosecutor, who found Burisma was not being investigated at the time of Shokin being fired for his corruption

Shokin years earlier refused to assist the UK in their prosecution of Burisma.... Shokin turned a blind eye to their corruption... he was part of it....

That is why he was fired... he was getting a cut, by the corrupt to not prosecute them.

And you want to believe his rewriting of history now?
Link? Proof? Evidence he was / is lying / any of your crap?
You will actually be forced to read this full article if you actually want your proof...

If you believe what Giuliani got Shokin to say now, you should have no problem finding a statement of Shokin in the news showing him saying such about Biden at the time he was fired...

I'll wait for your link...

in the mean time, this article which is very long, is very informative, IF YOU ACTUALLY CARE about getting to the truth.

As European and U.S. officials pressed Ukraine to clean up Ukraine's corruption, they focused on Shokin's leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office.

"Shokin played the role of protecting the vested interest in the Ukrainian system," said Carpenter, who traveled with Biden to Ukraine in 2015. "He never went after any corrupt individuals at all, never prosecuted any high-profile cases of corruption."

That demonstrated that Poroshenko's administration was not sincere about tackling corruption and building strong, independent law enforcement agencies, said Heather Conley, director of the Europe program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington-based foreign policy think tank.

In July 2015, Shokin's office became mired in scandal after authorities raided homes belonging to two high-ranking prosecutors. Police seized millions of dollars worth of diamonds and cash, suggesting the pair had been taking bribes.

It became known as the "diamond prosecutors" case. Deputy General Prosecutor Vitaliy Kasko, who said he tried to investigate it, resigned months later, calling the prosecutor's office a "hotbed of corruption" and an "instrument of political pressure."

Shokin's office also stepped in to help Zlochevsky, the head of Burisma.

British authorities had frozen $23 million in a money-laundering probe, but Shokin's office failed to send documents British authorities needed to prosecute Zlochevsky. The case eventually unraveled and the assets were unfrozen.

In October 2015, Ukrainians staged a protest outside Poroshenko's home calling for Shokin's removal.

Explainer: Biden, allies pushed out Ukrainian prosecutor because he didn't pursue corruption cases

More lies by the schmuck in our WH
Donald Trump's Claim That the Military Ran Out of ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Iraq War › Syria › Isis › Kurds › Turkey

6 hours ago - "When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition," Trumpsaid. ... But the president has refused to admit wrongdoing, arguing that this ...
Missing: till ‎| ‎Must include: ‎till
What Top Military Officers Really Think About Trump - The ...

https://www.theatlantic.com › magazine › archive › 2019/11 › military-off...

5 days ago - To get a sense of what serving Trump has been like, I interviewed officers up ... He is not a president who thinks through consequences—and this, the ... of food, ammunition, parts, and medical supplies, and regular troop rotations. .... General Votel, who commanded American forces in the region until he ...

no dbl standards

He also told them to talk to his personal attorney

Really? List all of the corruption Trump asked Zelensky to look into....
Did you even read the transcript? Not the one that was doctored up but the actual real transcript? You people need to turn your TV’s off the news cycle is literally destroying your brain
Great, so list the corruption Trump asked Zelensky to investigate.....

thats what the investigation is for
Since you don't want to answer, I'll answer for you.

• Investigate Biden and his son.
  • Find the hacked DNC server.

Now I see why you didn't want to answer.
prove it was hacked.
That's seriously old news.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Inside story: How Russians hacked the Democrats' emails

no dbl standards

OK,,,

as potus its his responsibility to fix corruption and running for office doesnt protect you from that
He can't break the law to do that. His job is to uphold the law, not break it.
as POTUS he broke no laws
Of course he did. It's illegal to solicit campaign help from a foreign national -- which is what he did when he asked the president of Ukraine to find dirt on one of his political rivals.

his responsibilities as POTUS override that
There is no presidential responsibility that allows a president to break the law. You have a serious malfunction.

So let me see if I understand the Democrats' position on this: Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid from Ukraine if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukrainian company that was paying Biden's drug-using, Navy-discharged-for-drug-use son Hunter $50K per month--and that's no big deal, nothing to see here. But, Donald Trump's request to Ukraine that Ukraine investigate the suspicious, apparently corrupt firing of that prosecutor is an impeachable offense!

Can you imagine what Democrats would be saying if Trump had a troubled son, if that troubled son were hired by a Ukrainian company for the amazing salary of $50K per month (even though the son possessed no job skills that would justify such a salary), if a Ukrainian prosecutor began to investigate the company that was paying Trump's troubled son such an exorbitant salary, if Trump then threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the prosecutor weren't fired, and if Ukraine then fired the prosecutor? They would justifiably argue that this smelled to high heaven of corruption.

So the Democrats want to impeach Trump because he wanted Ukraine to investigate what clearly appears to have been a case of corruption involving Joe Biden, his son, and the Ukrainian company, and the previous Ukrainian government that fired the prosecutor.

It is clear that there is no corruption. Getting a $50,000 a month retainer to sit on the board of directors is not illegal. There is no evidence that Hunter Biden committed any crimes. Hunter Biden is not related to Barack Obama. Biden represented the views of Obama, many in the federal government, the world community and Ukrainian reformers. The prosecutor was corrupt and it was the right thing to do.

Daria Kaleniuk‏ @dkaleniuk
Replying to @OliverBullough
Thank you @OliverBullough - indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field. Prosecutor Shokin did not open the case on Zlochevskyi & Burisma. He dumped it. And he was fired for being corrupt and failing prosecution reform @kenvogel

She is a Ukrainian who has fought corruption in Ukraine longer than Trump has been President.

Trump cut military aide to Ukraine which was totally unexpected and before he spoke to Zelensky. Then he says we give you a lot of money and we would like you to investigate the Bidens. That clearly is a quid pro quo. Since the prosecutor in question was not investigating Burisma, Biden had no vested interest in kicking Shokin out.

no one said he committed a crime,,, it about joe Bidens ethics and pay to play,,,

and trump didnt withhold money for them to investigate,,,
its time to get your facts straight or shut up...
Then why did trump hold up the money?

That has been readily documented in several cases, not just one. The ambassadors to Ukraine and the EU sent each other texts saying the aid was being withheld to see if the new administration in Ukraine was serious about corruption. They were, and the aid was restored. Fact. EOS.

Did you even read the transcript? Not the one that was doctored up but the actual real transcript? You people need to turn your TV’s off the news cycle is literally destroying your brain
Great, so list the corruption Trump asked Zelensky to investigate.....

thats what the investigation is for
Since you don't want to answer, I'll answer for you.

• Investigate Biden and his son.
  • Find the hacked DNC server.

Now I see why you didn't want to answer.
prove it was hacked.
That's seriously old news.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Inside story: How Russians hacked the Democrats' emails
and it's been seriously debunked by meta-data. it was also never allowed to be reviewed/analyzed.

FBI never examined hacked DNC servers itself: report

not gonna play your games of supposition.

I'm not letting anyone pass. Trump solicited aid from a foreign national. That's illegal.

Hillary solicited aid from Fusion GPS. They're an American firm and that's legal.

It is clear that there is no corruption. Getting a $50,000 a month retainer to sit on the board of directors is not illegal. There is no evidence that Hunter Biden committed any crimes. Hunter Biden is not related to Barack Obama. Biden represented the views of Obama, many in the federal government, the world community and Ukrainian reformers. The prosecutor was corrupt and it was the right thing to do.

Daria Kaleniuk‏ @dkaleniuk
Replying to @OliverBullough
Thank you @OliverBullough - indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field. Prosecutor Shokin did not open the case on Zlochevskyi & Burisma. He dumped it. And he was fired for being corrupt and failing prosecution reform @kenvogel

She is a Ukrainian who has fought corruption in Ukraine longer than Trump has been President.

Trump cut military aide to Ukraine which was totally unexpected and before he spoke to Zelensky. Then he says we give you a lot of money and we would like you to investigate the Bidens. That clearly is a quid pro quo. Since the prosecutor in question was not investigating Burisma, Biden had no vested interest in kicking Shokin out.

no one said he committed a crime,,, it about joe Bidens ethics and pay to play,,,

and trump didnt withhold money for them to investigate,,,
its time to get your facts straight or shut up...
Then why did trump hold up the money?

That has been readily documented in several cases, not just one. The ambassadors to Ukraine and the EU sent each other texts saying the aid was being withheld to see if the new administration in Ukraine was serious about corruption. They were, and the aid was restored. Fact. EOS.
Are any republicans serious about the corruption taking place by this lying crook in our WH ? Or as the good patriots you are, rushing to defend the pos??

no dbl standards

OK,,,

Which shifted it from the actions of the President of that US to a candidate using the power of his office against an opponent.

We should not approve of such things

Forum List

Back