Let me guess, conservatives. You agree with Trump's new sanctions on Turkey

So, are you for or against US military interventionism in the middle east?
Absolutely against. You arseholes have made a real shitpile of the place, from Iraq to Libya to Yemen to Lebanon. And you're still doing it, increasing troops to Saudi.

Last edited:
You're kinda slow, Trump campaigned on getting us out of these shitholes. Now the libtardos can campaign on putting our kids and grand kids in those shitholes to die in an Islamic war. Good luck.
Hilarity. As though Individual1 has not increased deployment to the ME of US troops, to Saudi in particular, without actually removing any troops from Syria.

Big difference between an Islamic war and a potential world economic crisis in the Persian Gulf.

Pick a side if you want, Sunni or Shiite. Grab your Burka and go fight. No law against it.
What, is one US intervention and the other not?
Trump is increasing the number of troops in those shitholes, hiring them out to the Saudis. I expect you to continue to ignore that.

Last edited:
You're kinda slow, Trump campaigned on getting us out of these shitholes. Now the libtardos can campaign on putting our kids and grand kids in those shitholes to die in an Islamic war. Good luck.
Hilarity. As though Individual1 has not increased deployment to the ME of US troops, to Saudi in particular, without actually removing any troops from Syria.

Big difference between an Islamic war and a potential world economic crisis in the Persian Gulf.

Pick a side if you want, Sunni or Shiite. Grab your Burka and go fight. No law against it.
Trump is increasing the number of troops in those shitholes. I expect you to continue to ignore that.

Trump is increasing the number of troops in those shitholes, hiring them out to the Saudis. I expect you to continue to ignore that.

There's a big difference in putting soldiers in Saudi to ensure world economic security and having our soldiers fight over who's version of Islam is correct. If you're all butthurt about it choose a side,. grab your Burka, and get your ass over there.

There's a big difference in putting soldiers in Saudi to ensure world economic security and having our soldiers fight over who's version of Islam is correct. If you're all butthurt about it choose a side,. grab your Burka, and get your ass over there.
So intervention is good when it's paid for? And it's never about whose version of Islam is correct, it's always about land, power and money.

Today President Donald Trump imposed sanctions on Turkey, something that no conservative I've seen in this board has suggested.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You think the sanctions are an awesome idea, and you thought it was a good idea all along but you were just too busy to include it in your postings here. Oh, and you are not just saying that because you say yes to everything Donald Trump does. Oh, and you would have totally supported sanctions if Obama had imposed them, not Trump.
U.S. imposes new sanctions on Turkey over Syria offensive

What? You haven’t seen the thousands of threads started on sanctioning Turkey? Yeah…me neither.

Guess you dont read much fool..

Russian ambassador shot to death in Turkey

bear513Diamond Member

RIP to Mr. Karlov :(
I really hope nothing bad is gonna happen between Russia and Turkey :eusa_eh:

God I wish we get our Nukes out of Turkey and kick those jerks out of Nato
Someone told me the nukes got pulled out of Turkey years ago? I agree with Erdogan's track record on human rights, he's not appropriate for NATO.

Today President Donald Trump imposed sanctions on Turkey, something that no conservative I've seen in this board has suggested.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You think the sanctions are an awesome idea, and you thought it was a good idea all along but you were just too busy to include it in your postings here. Oh, and you are not just saying that because you say yes to everything Donald Trump does. Oh, and you would have totally supported sanctions if Obama had imposed them, not Trump.
People who are backing trump over this idiotic move are never allowed to criticize Obama for the red line or for pulling out of Iraq again without being complete and total hypocrites.

:auiqs.jpg:

You reminded me of the film "Altered States".
thats great... so let’s debate it out. You should be able to kick my ass in no time using facts, reason and logic. Right? Make your counterpoint to my last post... let’s do this

Just a few points -

Obama painted a red line and balked when it was crossed. No comparison to the current event.

The tensions in the ME are as much if not more due to tribal conflicts that have existed in some cases a thousand years, rather than recent political developments. Frankly, from that viewpoint we need not engage in most of them. Let them fight it out. Israel and "Palestine" as well.

In terms of fighting ISIS, the Kurds would have been fighting ISIS in any case, whether we were present or not. As much as we wanted ISIS stopped, so did the Kurds. This was not a symbiotic relationship.

A thousand troops between the Kurds and the Turks offered nothing to no one.

Why is Turkey even in NATO? That said, they went over the line Trump drew. Now they get the hosing. Papers are already signed.

My attitude toward the ME is one of persuasion and hands off. Let the bastards fight it out once and for all. We will deal with whoever remains by whatever means are necessary.

If they threaten us, and I mean so much as threaten, hit 'em. Make examples.

If we are forced by events to go in militarily, go with the intent to finish things. No boots on the ground. Destroy all infrastructure, governments centers, military sites. Then go home. No staying to build schools, hospitals, soccer parks, whatever. No staying to "bring freedom and liberty" and attempting to democratize the enemy. They don't want it. "Winning hearts and minds" is a concept of war long since proven to be complete crap.

People who are backing trump over this idiotic move are never allowed to criticize Obama for the red line or for pulling out of Iraq again without being complete and total hypocrites.

thats great... so let’s debate it out. You should be able to kick my ass in no time using facts, reason and logic. Right? Make your counterpoint to my last post... let’s do this

Just a few points -

Obama painted a red line and balked when it was crossed. No comparison to the current event.

The tensions in the ME are as much if not more due to tribal conflicts that have existed in some cases a thousand years, rather than recent political developments. Frankly, from that viewpoint we need not engage in most of them. Let them fight it out. Israel and "Palestine" as well.

In terms of fighting ISIS, the Kurds would have been fighting ISIS in any case, whether we were present or not. As much as we wanted ISIS stopped, so did the Kurds. This was not a symbiotic relationship.

Why is Turkey even in NATO? That said, they went over the line Trump drew. Now they get the hosing. Papers are already signed.

My attitude toward the ME is one of persuasion and hands off. Let the bastards fight it out once and for all. We will deal with whoever remains by whatever means are necessary.

If we are forced by events to go in militarily, go with the intent to finish things. No boots on the ground. Destroy all infrastructure, governments centers, military sites. Then go home. No staying to build schools, hospitals, soccer parks, whatever. No staying to "bring freedom and liberty" and attempting to democratize the enemy. They don't want it. "Winning hearts and minds" is a concept of war long since proven to be complete crap.
obama drew a red line and balked when it was crossed. Trump committed to defending the Kurds at the border if they demilitarized and then balked when Turkey said they were coming in. I do agree that they are not equal events. Trumps is far worse as it resulted in immediate loss of lives, trust, power and strategic positioning. Now we are in a world of shit and even closer to war. This was a sloppy, thoughtless, and cowardly retreat which we will be dealing with for years to come.

Just a few points -

obama drew a red line and balked when it was crossed. Trump committed to defending the Kurds at the border if they demilitarized and then balked when Turkey said they were coming in. I do agree that they are not equal events. Trumps is far worse as it resulted in immediate loss of lives, trust, power and strategic positioning. Now we are in a world of shit and even closer to war. This was a sloppy, thoughtless, and cowardly retreat which we will be dealing with for years to come.

I don't recall such a commitment. Link?

As you've guessed, my POV is different.

The strange thing is that mostly lefties who hate the President are minutely interested in everything he does. Conservatives trust him to make the right decisions.

What? You haven’t seen the thousands of threads started on sanctioning Turkey? Yeah…me neither.

Guess you dont read much fool..

Russian ambassador shot to death in Turkey

bear513Diamond Member

RIP to Mr. Karlov :(
I really hope nothing bad is gonna happen between Russia and Turkey :eusa_eh:

God I wish we get our Nukes out of Turkey and kick those jerks out of Nato
Someone told me the nukes got pulled out of Turkey years ago? I agree with Erdogan's track record on human rights, he's not appropriate for NATO.

Huh?

That's news to me, as far as I know our bombers and nukes are still stationed in Turkey.

Let me check.

Just a few points -

Im happy to dig up a link for you if you’re really not familiar with our relationship with the Kurds. But before I do so let me ask... if I show you credible evidence that we had told the Kurds that we would stand by them if they demilitarized the Turkish border, would that change your position in this debate? Would you admit that the way trump withdrew was wrong and messed up?

Trump uses sanctions instead of troops. Why wouldn't you as a liberal be in favor of that? It's been something he's called for long before he became President. He doesn't believe in getting bogged down in conflicts that can't be won on the ground and would rather use US economic might instead. I don't have an issue with that. I'm rather amused that you do.

Are lefties bipolar or what? You're sending some seriously mixed signals.
Pretty sure the "mixed signals" are coming from the Commander in Chief, trash.

He said he'd get us out of endless wars so he moved US troops from a warzone. He said he'd put sanctions on Turkey if they went too far. He put sanctions on Turkey.

And you're mad about it. The peace, love and tolerance left is mad about it. What gives?

Just a few points -

Im happy to dig up a link for you if you’re really not familiar with our relationship with the Kurds. But before I do so let me ask... if I show you credible evidence that we had told the Kurds that we would stand by them if they demilitarized the Turkish border, would that change your position in this debate? Would you admit that the way trump withdrew was wrong and messed up?

Possibly.

Depends.

Just a few points -

/——/ I’m so old, I remember when Libtards demanded sanctions over warfare all the time.

Trump is weak. He lets Erdogan boss him around like a bitch.

And now he and his rube herd are sounding just like Obama.

Cut and run! Cut and run!

Yo Peyto

Extreme anti-Trumper agrees with Trump on Turkey sanctions, wants him to recognize Armenian genocide

Forum List

Back