🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's All Thank Tariff Man

Um what? That's stupid. We actually buy high tech products from China and sell them raw products, for the most part.
Dummy
Allow me to familiarize all of you with what is known as the Smiley Curve of Production:

2cpvs7d.jpg

This represents where the profits are made in the production cycle.

As you can see, the big money is in design phase and the distribution phase.

The design phase is the engineering phase. The invention phase. This is where innovation happens, and innovation happens as the result of higher education.

That is where we are seriously flagging, folks. You know who is kicking ass in this part of the Smiley Curve?

India.

The other end of the Smiley Curve is distribution. The Apple Store. The sales part of the picture. The branding.

It doesn't take a lot of brains to sell shit, and this is where most of our weight is thrown around these days. Service industry bullshit. That's where we are making our money.

But it isn't the idiot low skilled workforce making that money. It's the owners of the company. You want to make money for yourself, you need to be on the other end of the curve, and that requires an education.

There are factories cranking out laptops by the millions, and at the end of the assembly line they glue on corporate logos. And the logo makes all the difference in how much each laptop will sell for. Pretty crazy.

All because of the Smiley Curve.

But you know what? If someone else starts inventing the new shit, do you think they are going to sell it through US outlets, or will they sell through their own outlets and bring all that cash home?

Yeah. So think about that.

Now look at the middle of the curve. There's no money in manufacturing. That's why a lot of shit is made in China by slaves these days.

But America is still manufacturing more stuff than it ever has. It really is. People who tell you America doesn't make things any more are FULL OF SHIT.

It just takes a lot less PEOPLE to make all that STUFF. The wonders of automation.

Look at the curve. Think about it. A lot.

I do. All the time.

We are going to get whacked because we are slacking off on the Design side of the curve. The innovation and invention side. That's the genesis of everything which is ever created, folks.

So you better start believing we need a LOT more higher education in America.

A lot more.

I just want to address the part about us getting whacked on the design part of the curve. You are 100% correct, and a lot of the reason we are getting whacked is shady and or outright illegal behavior by the Chinese who steal our designs and then use slave labor to build products for far less than US companies can. The tarrifs are a VERY strong push to get the Chinese to stop doing this, among other things.

So you should SUPPORT tarrifs that are used for this purpose, as Trump is doing, because you support the US making more on the design end.
Tariffs are not punishment for the theft of intellectual property. They are a punishment of American workers.

Protection against theft of intellectual property rests mostly on the shoulders of the private sector. The US government assists by levying fines against bad actors at home and abroad.

Something a lot of people don't know is that one of the law enforcement arms of ICE is intellectual property protection.

What are you talking about? US law enforcement has no authority in say China where much of this intellectual property theft occurs. We're not talking about people who physically sneak into a building and steal plans for a product. We're talking about people who break in electronically and steal such. ICE and or the FBI have no jurisdiction there, the only people who can stop that are the Chinese government themselves, but since they are behind the thefts that isn't likely unless they are told, here you go we're gonna make your products so expensive to sell in the US that you can't afford to do it unless you stop stealing shit.

Why you would take any tool that the USG has to fight this shit out of their arsenal is anyone's guess.

Again, the issue is not Jina. If it were only Jina, then I'm not sure there'd be a reason to complain

Trump tariffs - Wikipedia

Of course the left doesn't actually NEED a reason to complain about Trump , they are going to do it regardless. The man could cure cancer and the left "OMG that fucking Drumpf, did you see how many cancer doctors he just put out of work?"

I have a child who is just now getting this through her head. She complains about EVERYTHING her brother does. EVERYTHING and eventually her mother and I just don't really even listen any more because when have the same level of outrage over "he looked at me funny as he left the room" that you have over "he hit me in the face " no matter what he's done, I mean "he breathes too loud while we're watching TV" well eventualy it's just like "shut up already"

And that illustrates the left perfectly. Yall are like little children tattling and complaining about everything Trump does, desperately trying to get him in trouble for ANYTHING.

Allow me to familiarize all of you with what is known as the Smiley Curve of Production:

2cpvs7d.jpg

This represents where the profits are made in the production cycle.

As you can see, the big money is in design phase and the distribution phase.

The design phase is the engineering phase. The invention phase. This is where innovation happens, and innovation happens as the result of higher education.

That is where we are seriously flagging, folks. You know who is kicking ass in this part of the Smiley Curve?

India.

The other end of the Smiley Curve is distribution. The Apple Store. The sales part of the picture. The branding.

It doesn't take a lot of brains to sell shit, and this is where most of our weight is thrown around these days. Service industry bullshit. That's where we are making our money.

But it isn't the idiot low skilled workforce making that money. It's the owners of the company. You want to make money for yourself, you need to be on the other end of the curve, and that requires an education.
Trump called himself "tariff man." That is the issue under discussion. I've no problem with tariff and china. Trump is actually backtracing on them as we speak. Are his trade wars with the EU and N America benficial to the US? Apparantly you are too busy waxing his knob to discuss that.
There are factories cranking out laptops by the millions, and at the end of the assembly line they glue on corporate logos. And the logo makes all the difference in how much each laptop will sell for. Pretty crazy.

All because of the Smiley Curve.

But you know what? If someone else starts inventing the new shit, do you think they are going to sell it through US outlets, or will they sell through their own outlets and bring all that cash home?

Yeah. So think about that.

Now look at the middle of the curve. There's no money in manufacturing. That's why a lot of shit is made in China by slaves these days.

But America is still manufacturing more stuff than it ever has. It really is. People who tell you America doesn't make things any more are FULL OF SHIT.

It just takes a lot less PEOPLE to make all that STUFF. The wonders of automation.

Look at the curve. Think about it. A lot.

I do. All the time.

We are going to get whacked because we are slacking off on the Design side of the curve. The innovation and invention side. That's the genesis of everything which is ever created, folks.

So you better start believing we need a LOT more higher education in America.

A lot more.

I just want to address the part about us getting whacked on the design part of the curve. You are 100% correct, and a lot of the reason we are getting whacked is shady and or outright illegal behavior by the Chinese who steal our designs and then use slave labor to build products for far less than US companies can. The tarrifs are a VERY strong push to get the Chinese to stop doing this, among other things.

So you should SUPPORT tarrifs that are used for this purpose, as Trump is doing, because you support the US making more on the design end.
Tariffs are not punishment for the theft of intellectual property. They are a punishment of American workers.

Protection against theft of intellectual property rests mostly on the shoulders of the private sector. The US government assists by levying fines against bad actors at home and abroad.

Something a lot of people don't know is that one of the law enforcement arms of ICE is intellectual property protection.

What are you talking about? US law enforcement has no authority in say China where much of this intellectual property theft occurs. We're not talking about people who physically sneak into a building and steal plans for a product. We're talking about people who break in electronically and steal such. ICE and or the FBI have no jurisdiction there, the only people who can stop that are the Chinese government themselves, but since they are behind the thefts that isn't likely unless they are told, here you go we're gonna make your products so expensive to sell in the US that you can't afford to do it unless you stop stealing shit.

Why you would take any tool that the USG has to fight this shit out of their arsenal is anyone's guess.

Again, the issue is not Jina. If it were only Jina, then I'm not sure there'd be a reason to complain

Trump tariffs - Wikipedia

Of course the left doesn't actually NEED a reason to complain about Trump , they are going to do it regardless. The man could cure cancer and the left "OMG that fucking Drumpf, did you see how many cancer doctors he just put out of work?"

I have a child who is just now getting this through her head. She complains about EVERYTHING her brother does. EVERYTHING and eventually her mother and I just don't really even listen any more because when have the same level of outrage over "he looked at me funny as he left the room" that you have over "he hit me in the face " no matter what he's done, I mean "he breathes too loud while we're watching TV" well eventualy it's just like "shut up already"

And that illustrates the left perfectly. Yall are like little children tattling and complaining about everything Trump does, desperately trying to get him in trouble for ANYTHING.

If the issue was merely Jina I'd be ok, but for the fact that Trump is backtracking on that this week. However, the issue is his calling himself "tariff man" and the negative effect of his trade policies with the EU and N. America.

You don't seem to want to talk about that, turmpbot

G5000 and those like him have become so desperate to criticize Trump they can no longer distinguish the greater of two numbers. What's interesting is the DOW was flat during Obama's last two years, though there was a major surge following Trump's election and Obama's certain departure. Weird right? To a progressive the surge was "cuz of Obama", which demonstrates how they're intellectually dishonest as well.

Those with a brain and paying attention recognize the market is inflated anyway. However, in order to support my first point above, on January 2, 2018 the DOW was 24824, and today is sits at 24947.

Last edited:
yeah you Trumpbots don't want to talk about the effects of his running up prices on things like GM cars.

That's not true, here I am to talk about it. Difference between Trump and punks like Obama is bronze and brains.

Progressives like yourself don't see a problem if China places high tariffs on our products, all while we accept their imports at dirt cheap. It's cuz you guys are so smart, and can visualize the long and short term effects (cough!)

yeah you Trumpbots don't want to talk about the effects of his running up prices on things like GM cars.

That's not true, here I am to talk about it. Difference between Trump and punks like Obama is bronze and brains.

Progressives like yourself don't see a problem if China places high tariffs on our products, all while we accept their imports at dirt cheap. It's cuz you guys are so smart, and can visualize the long and short term effects (cough!)
I oppose trump's trade because I'm a conservative reaganite. Trump is a big state govt intervention in private markets guy. THAT'S WHAT HIS STEEEL AND ALUMINUM TARIFFS ARE ALL ABOUT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

G5000 and those like him have become so desperate to criticize Trump they can no longer distinguish the greater of two numbers. What's interesting is the DOW was flat during Obama's last two years
Cool story, bro. Except the Dow rose 13 percent in the last two years of Obama's regime.

Those with a brain and paying attention recognize the market is inflated anyway. However, in order to support my first point above, on January 2, 2018 the DOW was 24824, and today is sits at 24947.
Which is the actual definition of flat.

By the way, the Dow is right now at 24,443.92.

Down for the year.

Thanks, Tariff Man!

A nice steady climb since 2009.

And then Tariff Man came out of the AFL-CIO closet...

G5000 and those like him have become so desperate to criticize Trump they can no longer distinguish the greater of two numbers. What's interesting is the DOW was flat during Obama's last two years
Cool story, bro. Except the Dow rose 13 percent in the last two years of Obama's regime.

Recall I said G5000 and those like him are intellectually dishonest, if not outright dishonest like the OP. Well, here you go:

Obama calendar year 2015: End of December 2014 (DOW was 18054) to end of December 2015 (DOW was 17425).........A 3.5% decrease.

Obama calendar year 2016: End of December 2015 (DOW was 17425) to end of December 2016 (DOW was 19763).........A 13.4% increase. But stop the presses, the DOW increased 1000 points within a week after Trump's election, and another 1000 before year end. Strikes me Trump's election triggered confidence, and Obama's departure triggered confidence as well.

Trump calendar year 2017: End of December 2016 (DOW was 19763) to end of December 2017 (DOW was 24719).........A 25% increase. On top of that interest rates had risen, which wasn't possible on Obama's watch because the economy wouldn't support it. Then consider the market had already recovered beforehand, and a lot more.

Recall I said G5000 and those like him are intellectually dishonest, if not outright dishonest like the OP. Well, here you go:

Obama calendar year 2015: End of December 2014 (DOW was 18054) to end of December 2015 (DOW was 17425).........A 3.5% decrease.

Obama calendar year 2016: End of December 2015 (DOW was 17425) to end of December 2016 (DOW was 19763).........A 13.4% increase. But stop the presses, the DOW increased 1000 points within a week after Trump's election, and another 1000 before year end. Strikes me Trump's election triggered confidence, and Obama's departure triggered confidence as well.

Trump calendar year 2017: End of December 2016 (DOW was 19763) to end of December 2017 (DOW was 24719).........A 25% increase. On top of that interest rates had risen, which wasn't possible on Obama's watch because the economy wouldn't support it. Then consider the market had already recovered beforehand, and a lot more.
Nice try.

Dow, January 20, 2015: 17,511.57.

Dow, January 20, 2017: 19,827.25

13 percent increase in Obama's last two years.

You're welcome.

By the way, the Dow had climbed 43 percent by this point in Obama's regime.

It's only in the low 20s for Daffy Donald.

Thanks a lot, Tariff Man!

I don't have any complaint about Trump tanking the dow on a trade war with China. He caved at the G20 to soothe Wall St over China, and that I complain about. We've premised this china trade war on them having more to lose than us, and they do, but they won't when our debt crisis kicks in. That's why Lighthizer is saying its now or never to either force CHina to free trade, or kill their export economy.

but Trump can't have it both ways. GM shut its plants because we phased out elec car tax subsidies (GOOD) and sedans don't sell, and GM is not expanding truck and suv production because of costs per vehicle, ie they don't see the market growth. And that's Trumps fauld with steel and aluminum tariffs. He's schitzo. We won't use state planning for elec cars, but we use state planning for steel.

It's all the poor bastards can do to cover for the Tariff Man who was elected on third base and has blown the run for home.

All they can do for failing Daffy Donald is blubber, "B-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama!"

If only that worked! :lol:

I support Trump's opposition of Chinese unfair trade practices. Wall Street built up China to be a world power and now they don't get that China has very bad long term intentions. Its not just about "business", its also about military power. The US has been a sucker for 30-years, and Trump is clamping down. I support the short term pain for long term gain.

White House says China's 'economic aggression' is a global threat

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

For the U.S. and China, the Economic Fight of the Century Begins

I hope that the people that keep supporting China end up with their bucket of rice...I'd rather build up the US manufacturing base...

If Trump's trade wars were limited to the Chinese, or even addressed offshoring, perhaps there would not be a complaint.
You are as dumb as Trump!

Trump should have imposed an across the board 9% tariff on everything imported from any country! All he is doing is picking winners & losers with his retarded method that pisses everyone off! Without any tariffs our companies shop for the tax free countries & move their corps mailing address there, then shop for cheap labor country to manufacture their product, so they can sell their foreign made crap here TAX FREE, destroying our domestic competition.

Most companies earn 25% profit on their sales If that 25% profit is taxed here at 36% tax rate, it equals 9% of the total price. So just charge 9% tariff on 100% of every import to level the tax playing field, so companies stop leaving & start moving back. That is how things worked until the "Free Traders" GUTTED the USA to profit Wallstreet's multinational oligarchs that own the US Government!

Forum List

Back