Lets apologize

I'd love to hear those who call the US racist for dropping the bombs on Japan, considering we planned using an atomic bomb on Germany if the Battle of the Bulge had failed.
As far as I can tell, RGS is the only one that called the US racist for dropping the bombs.

RGS is a hate filled freak who forgets that we are now friends with Japan.

You are a complete idiot.

Debate over the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record, neither nuking Japan nor an invasion of Japan was necessary to end the war.

Quite true. I just believe that the alternative would have been worse, and we would probably still be in a state of war with them, just like we are with North Korea.

I find that unlikely since they were willing to surrender, which North Korea never did.

Is that what you call an excuse? The end justifies the means...? Pathetic!!!

Nice to see that rdean is not the only idiot on the board.

1. If you were alive at the time, you were nothing more than a kid!!! Don't act like you were there!!!

Do you say the same to everyone who talks about slavery in America? I can guarantee that no one who is complaining about that was alive back then.

2. We successfully drop a second bomb; this means that we had air supremacy; we could had drop a "warning bomb", just outside of Hiroshima for the emperor to see.

We had already been fire bombing Tokyo for most of the war, and air supremacy had made no impression on them yet. The rationale for actually hitting cities was to demonstrate that we were willing to use the bomb on targets that would hurt the Japanese. If we had dropped it outside the city all it would demonstrate is that we had bad aim.

3. It was dropped on civilians, not on a REAL military target. You saw how we were angered at the idea of our civilians being killed. We only lost +3000 at 9/11, they lost 70,000.

WWII was a total war, and everything was a valid target. Besides, civilians support the military with food and supplies, as well as being the source of personnel. Attacking the supply chain is a valid military strategy, which is why the North won the civil war. Something I am sure you support.

I support any President Obama's willingness to admit that the decision as to where to drop the bomb was ill advised. However, as always with you conservatives, I still don't see in your link, a quote from President Obama supporting your claim. I don't see a quote from him offering an official apology. Figures start to lie when liars start to figure:eusa_liar:

All that proves is that you are as qualified to make that decision as the all the other idiots who think that war can be fought with rules. I thin they should have hit Tokyo, but Roosevelt was softer than that and chose targets that would send a message while killing the fwest number of people.

President Obama is smart enough to understand the idea of apologizing for the way an action was carried out versus apologizing for why the action was carried out.

Funny, he claims he is not apologizing, yet you claim he is. I guess that makes the OP correct, and you wrong.

See what happens when you try to reason and apply logic and you have no idea how to do either. You should get your parents money back that they wasted on your education.

You could understand if you would care to listen; but before you can listen, you must dig the poop out of your ears; but before you you dig the poop out of your ears, you must first pull your head out of your a...

That was almost funny.

Food for thought.

I prefer meat and potatoes to cotton candy, so I think I will skip the meal you are offering.

For the record, neither nuking Japan nor an invasion of Japan was necessary to end the war.
My wife is from Okinawa so obviously she's Japanese. Her grandmother and grandfather were at Hiroshima the day it was bombed.

Her grandfather was too small to join the Japanese Army (imagine that) so he worked as an engineer for the government. He actually had a hand in designing some of the suicide planes. As an aircraft nut, he and I had some interesting conversations, limited by my poor Japanese and his Okinawan dialect. My wife translated for us most of the time. He said the F6F Hellcat turned the tide in the Pacific as most war buffs would agree.

The week of the bombing he and his wife attended a meeting in Hiroshima. The day of the bombing he fell sick and stayed at the little apartment on the outskirts of the city. His wife saw the B-29 fly over and witnessed the mushroom cloud.

The next day he walked into the city and said "It was hell on hearth". But he also said this: "America had to do it. Japan was under Military rule and was never going to surrender". He never showed any animosity toward Americans and in fact, encouraged his grand daughters to marry Americans and move to America.

Whenever I hear people talk about how terrible America was for dropping the bomb I tell them this story. I have a few pictures of him I'll post later if I can find them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

U.S., allies to send first delegation to Hiroshima memorial - Yahoo! News

This President is an idiot.

That was a good story thanks for the link.

I dont see us apologizing in the link though, just attending the memorial with 75 other country's representatives.

Where is Obama apologizing? What exactly do you find wrong with this? Partisan hack much? :cuckoo:

What is wrong? The sites are used to bash the US. The sponsors at those cites make the claim that the bombs never needed to be dropped. That the US was racist for dropping them. They ignore the fact they started the war and then when they lost refused to surrender, that they planned mass human wave bamboo spear attacks with civilians on any invasion that took place. That the bombs actually saved millions of lives. That it was a WAR. And the bombs were dropped on MILITARY Targets.

This President is sending our Ambassador to a site who's sole purpose is to attack the US.

Lotsa talk, but no walk. Give us a site that cites what you allege, gunny.

My wife is from Okinawa so obviously she's Japanese. Her grandmother and grandfather were at Hiroshima the day it was bombed.

Her grandfather was too small to join the Japanese Army (imagine that) so he worked as an engineer for the government. He actually had a hand in designing some of the suicide planes. As an aircraft nut, he and I had some interesting conversations, limited by my poor Japanese and his Okinawan dialect. My wife translated for us most of the time. He said the F6F Hellcat turned the tide in the Pacific as most war buffs would agree.

The week of the bombing he and his wife attended a meeting in Hiroshima. The day of the bombing he fell sick and stayed at the little apartment on the outskirts of the city. His wife saw the B-29 fly over and witnessed the mushroom cloud.

The next day he walked into the city and said "It was hell on hearth". But he also said this: "America had to do it. Japan was under Military rule and was never going to surrender". He never showed any animosity toward Americans and in fact, encouraged his grand daughters to marry Americans and move to America.

Whenever I hear people talk about how terrible America was for dropping the bomb I tell them this story. I have a few pictures of him I'll post later if I can find them.

Except they were going to surrender.

Is that what you call an excuse? The end justifies the means...? Pathetic!!!

1. If you were alive at the time, you were nothing more than a kid!!! Don't act like you were there!!!

2. We successfully drop a second bomb; this means that we had air supremacy; we could had drop a "warning bomb", just outside of Hiroshima for the emperor to see.

3. It was dropped on civilians, not on a REAL military target. You saw how we were angered at the idea of our civilians being killed. We only lost +3000 at 9/11, they lost 70,000.

I support any President Obama's willingness to admit that the decision as to where to drop the bomb was ill advised. However, as always with you conservatives, I still don't see in your link, a quote from President Obama supporting your claim. I don't see a quote from him offering an official apology. Figures start to lie when liars start to figure:eusa_liar:

President Obama is smart enough to understand the idea of apologizing for the way an action was carried out versus apologizing for why the action was carried out.

You could understand if you would care to listen; but before you can listen, you must dig the poop out of your ears; but before you you dig the poop out of your ears, you must first pull your head out of your a...

Food for thought.

It was very much dropped on a "real" military target. Hiroshima was an industrial city manufacturing military assests. The PEOPLE making them were the enemy, just as much as the soldiers using the weapons that they were making. There were several army headquarters there and it was a supply shipping hub. It was a HUGE military target.

Carry on with your re-writing history. :eusa_liar:

So if Japan or Germany had bombed Detroit that would have simply been a military target, right?

Just like the V-2s in London were.

Amazing how being intellectually consistent works.

Except they were going to surrender.

No, they were not going to surrender.

It was very much dropped on a "real" military target. Hiroshima was an industrial city manufacturing military assests. The PEOPLE making them were the enemy, just as much as the soldiers using the weapons that they were making. There were several army headquarters there and it was a supply shipping hub. It was a HUGE military target.

Carry on with your re-writing history. :eusa_liar:

So if Japan or Germany had bombed Detroit that would have simply been a military target, right?

Just like the V-2s in London were.

Amazing how being intellectually consistent works.

Well I very consistently say that that was a war-crime as well.

Quite true. I just believe that the alternative would have been worse, and we would probably still be in a state of war with them, just like we are with North Korea.

I find that unlikely since they were willing to surrender, which North Korea never did.

Why did we have to bomb Nagasaki then? Did we just ignore any attempts to surrender during those 3 days? Or maybe we just ignored the attempts during the previous six months that we were fire bombing 67 cities in Japan.

Last edited:
Don't worry, QWB: KK is never consistent with his arguments, because he can't make the evidence fit them, no matter how much he twists a square peg to fit in a round hole. Talk to him about the Civil War some time.

We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

I dont see us apologizing in the link though, just attending the memorial with 75 other country's representatives.

You ever wonder why we are the first to send a delegation to any ceremony marking a memorial like that? You would think that we would wait until Japan sent a delegation first, which is probably why no other US administration has ever done this before. All this does is reinforce the perception of Obama as weak in the eyes of the world, even if it is not an apology.

Why did we have to bomb Nagasaki then? Did we just ignore any attempts to surrender during those 3 days? Or maybe we just ignored the attempts during the previous six months that we were fire bombing 67 cities in Japan.

We ignored the attempts to surrender before Hiroshima, let alone before Nagasaki. We wanted an unconditional surrender, and were willing to drop as many bombs as necessary for that to happen.

You ever wonder why we are the first to send a delegation to any ceremony marking a memorial like that? You would think that we would wait until Japan sent a delegation first, which is probably why no other US administration has ever done this before. All this does is reinforce the perception of Obama as weak in the eyes of the world, even if it is not an apology.

Just the opposite. It enhances the U.S. in the eyes of the world and diminishes the GOP, Boehner, and McConnell. Rightfully so.

Forum List

Back