🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let’s Arm Teachers. Yeah, That’s a Peachy Idea (Eye Roll)

If the cops can't do it, then what's your objection to allowing civilians to give it a try?
I'm ok with teachers being armed --if they want...
but is this the type of living/community we want?

May not be the type of community we want, but I also don't want to live in a community where an individual can kill 17 kids.
yes--so we should try to make it very hard for people to get ''tools'' designed to kill ---very fast and very efficiently
..it's much better to be pro-active--not reactive
if there had been the sensible law that you need to be 21 to buy guns, it would've been much harder for the Columbine shooters and this guy
..and the sensible law of no gifting/no giving your weapon

a key aspect is proliferation! if sensible--but NOT infringing--laws were in place, the proliferation of guns would be a lot less if we started decades ago

no--it can't be effective over night or a year--but over decades--yes
What products did Timothy mcveigh use?
hahaha--I've blasted that argument to hell, before!!
1. these shooters usually want the gratification of directly killing
--they are NOT using bombs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are they?????!! NOT using bombs--understand??!!!???
2....99.999% of school shootings/killings have been with firearms--because it is much easier!!
3. bombs have NOT been used in over 99% of ALL murders in the US !!
4.we want to make it harder for people to kill--obviously
it was much more difficult for TM to build his bomb than just getting a rifle and pulling a trigger
McVeigh then added a dual-fuse ignition system accessible from the truck's front cab. He drilled two holes in the cab of the truck under the seat, while two holes were also drilled in the body of the truck. One green cannon fuse was run through each hole into the cab.
etc etc
Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia
takes time gathering the materials/etc
--he would have to park the truck fairly close to the building to get sure kills--basic SOP security is no trucks parked where they are not supposed to be/lone packages--back packs removed and/or school evacuated

I've refuted the bomb crap before--stop with the bomb crap
they are NOT using bombs--when they do -we will cross that bridge

it's like a doctor saying ''well, you have cancer, but why should we operate on it because you could die by a lightning strike'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I say there were bombs, I said that is an option as demonstrated by Timothy mcveigh. Take away the gun leads a nutjob to the next alternative. Ever heard of suicrde bombers? You ain’t bright now are you?

Now my solution is do away with nutjobs. Just saying

No schools are currently prevented by the federal government from employing armed guards. If they wanted teachers armed they could have had them by now - and in fact a few do.

Of course if you want a federally mandated, federally funded school security personnel program implemented - at huge expense -

give up your precious little tax cut to pay for it.

All that needs to be done is to cut back welfare spending as the economy grows and more people have opportunities to get back to work. Also, cut funding to those states which protect illegals and clearly choose NOT to cooperate with ICE and Federal Immigration Laws. Why have an open border that allows more illegals to come in, violence to flow, human trafficking to spread, all while paying welfare to those who have chosen not to work? The left wants to bring in and support more people who can’t care for themselves, while criticizing republicans about spending practices. Progressives are the very last ones that have a grip on, and should be lecturing the right, with regard to spending.
Nonsense.

If you really want to save money to arm teachers, cut wasteful, unnecessary military spending; it’s military spending that creates the deficits conservatives love so much.
What unnecessary military spending? You wish now to diss VA ? Wow you truly have no shame

I agree with Clayton, we spend too much on the military. We should close foreign bases and bring them home. Our military should be defensive focused and a lot smaller.

The difference is I want to do the same with domestic spending and Clayton wants to spend the military savings on redistributing more money
Not me, I’d prefer fighting that evil over there rather than here.

Wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about shooting pistols, the training and experience required, and the inherent difficulty involved in being even moderately accurate.
When I first shot with my wife, I had her hitting the target at 20 feet inside a box of shells, and she had never shot a gun. You are a proven liar over and over.

I read that as "When I first shot my wife...."

Oops!

71yf785aBmL._SX522_.jpg

;)

Was she.....nekkid? :D

Psst...I happen to be reading the original book. It is 'Torrey'

I know. :D

May not be the type of community we want, but I also don't want to live in a community where an individual can kill 17 kids.
yes--so we should try to make it very hard for people to get ''tools'' designed to kill ---very fast and very efficiently
if there had been the sensible law that you need to be 21 to buy guns, it would've been much harder for the Columbine shooters and this guy

a key aspect is proliferation! if sensible--but NOT infringing--laws were in place, the proliferation of guns would be a lot less if we started decades ago

--they are NOT using bombs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are they?????!! NOT using bombs--understand??!!!???
2....99.999% of school shootings/killings have been with firearms--because it is much easier!!
it was much more difficult for TM to build his bomb than just getting a rifle and pulling a trigger
McVeigh then added a dual-fuse ignition system accessible from the truck's front cab. He drilled two holes in the cab of the truck under the seat, while two holes were also drilled in the body of the truck. One green cannon fuse was run through each hole into the cab.
etc etc
--he would have to park the truck fairly close to the building to get sure kills--basic SOP security is no trucks parked where they are not supposed to be/lone packages--back packs removed and/or school evacuated

it's like a doctor saying ''well, you have cancer, but why should we operate on it because you could die by a lightning strike'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That McVeigh used a bomb instead of a gun if not an argument troll, it is a fact.
the fact is that bombs are NOT used in 99% of murders or mass shootings
the Columbine bombs did not even go off
why are people even bringing up bombs as a problem in mass shootings [shootings !! ]hahahah
what's the bomb argument--again?? why are people bringing it up?? it's irrelevant
So you’re saying suicide bombs haven’t killed more? Can you say 911? You’re a stupid fk

They took out two skyscrapers duh

Seems everyone on the board who has a different view of yours and many others are leftists. Do you always deem yourself right all the time? You must be god.
`
This is a classic response. I never said I was always right however this poster seems to think I am. That's an assumption. Then the poster goes into hyperbole suggesting I am a god. How can I reply to such a silly post? Generally speaking, I don't respond. Why waste my time and electrons? The post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. It's basically an attack, and a bad one at that. Again, why reply? Well I did. I enjoy good logical discussions with facts. This post has no such qualities. This is a very partisan issue that evokes some rather emotional responses. Best not to say anything. :)

No schools are currently prevented by the federal government from employing armed guards. If they wanted teachers armed they could have had them by now - and in fact a few do.

Of course if you want a federally mandated, federally funded school security personnel program implemented - at huge expense -

give up your precious little tax cut to pay for it.

All that needs to be done is to cut back welfare spending as the economy grows and more people have opportunities to get back to work. Also, cut funding to those states which protect illegals and clearly choose NOT to cooperate with ICE and Federal Immigration Laws. Why have an open border that allows more illegals to come in, violence to flow, human trafficking to spread, all while paying welfare to those who have chosen not to work? The left wants to bring in and support more people who can’t care for themselves, while criticizing republicans about spending practices. Progressives are the very last ones that have a grip on, and should be lecturing the right, with regard to spending.
Nonsense.

If you really want to save money to arm teachers, cut wasteful, unnecessary military spending; it’s military spending that creates the deficits conservatives love so much.
What unnecessary military spending? You wish now to diss VA ? Wow you truly have no shame

I agree with Clayton, we spend too much on the military. We should close foreign bases and bring them home. Our military should be defensive focused and a lot smaller.

The difference is I want to do the same with domestic spending and Clayton wants to spend the military savings on redistributing more money

The vast majority of Islamic fundamentalist murders are in the Middle East and Europe. The vast majority of people who kill Islamic terrorists are Americans.

Would they want a truce with the people they kill the least and who kill the most of them? The people who drove ISIS back into caves?

That while we continually get stabbed in the back by the people who most benefit from our actions

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coward-sheriffs-deputy-one-four-12079659

.[/QUOTE
Why don't we start by upgrading all school doors to steel with no glass and do something that's really revolutionary and lock the fucking doors

A little tidbit you ignored or never saw, ]the shooter was allowed into the building through a locked door by a student who was being polite.

Thus endeth your rant.
one more security flaw.

NO ONE should be allowed entry before it is proven that person has a legitimate reason to be in the school

I still can believe anyone lets a fucking moron like you teach their kids

You know, you really shouldn't talk that way about someone who has a great deal more experience with this topic than anyone else on this entire forum. It really makes you look like the nut case you are. Someone should probably take your guns away.

I don't know why you think that I am making up facts. I just proved that your "fix" would not have worked in this instance.

I guess that pisses you off to no end. Probably much like your sex life when the women would all start laughing when you dropped your trousers! "Wow, that looks just like a penis, only smaller!"

We have schools in this country worth trillions in taxpayer dollars. Just because you have an uninformed bad idea, we can't just spend trillions to upgrade to your stupid idea of a fix because you think you have large testicles. It won't work and all of the insults and Billy-Bad-Ass attitude will never make it work, so why waste the money?

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first words out of the mouths of conservatives is, “We need more guns in the hands of civilians.” Or something like it.

It’s that unreasonable conservative mind-set, that forces them to believe the fairy tale that untrained civilians know instinctively, where the gunfire is located, immediately recognize the individual(s) doing the shooting, and have the steel nerves and iron will to confront and kill the shooter(s), without hesitation or concern for their own safety.

What so often proves this unreasonable mind-set of the conservatives to be a total fantasy is the choice by trained law enforcement officers to avoid exacerbating an already uncontrolled situation. This can be seen no better than in the shooting incident last week at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In addition to the school resource officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s office Scot Peterson, Coral Springs police officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, found three additional Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies who had not yet entered the building.

Sadly, these four men apparently remained outside while directing Coral Springs police officers to the building where the shooting took place, even as the Coral Springs officers entered, joined by two newly arrived Broward County Deputies.

It is likely there will be a whitewash of this incident as “Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.” Gotta CYA to protect the county and themselves from the inevitable lawsuits.

But the coming whitewash aside, this again proves that “Rambo” instinct, which most conservatives are certain they posses, is a fairy tale they use to fool themselves.

As it turns out, Deputy Peterson was eligible for retirement. So one must wonder if that didn’t enter into his decision to remain outside. He had, after all, survived his career in law enforcement long enough to retire from the Sheriff’s Department. Like Peterson, the three other deputies could very well have had second thoughts, making them unsure of the results were they to rush headlong into the unknown.

Conservatives who are certain they have that “Rambo” instinct, like to think they are courageous hero-types and are capable of single-handedly saving the day. But, there is a good reason law enforcement agencies have SWAT teams. The officers who are members of these teams train and retrain regularly. They wear protective gear, have available to them fully automatic weapons, are experts in their use, and in the use of other military-style equipment.

The four experienced officers who were armed with only pistols chose caution and did not rush into the unknown situation. But, conservatives expect teachers armed only with pistols and minimal training to jump in and face killers firing their AR-15s at anything that moves.

It’s unfortunate these conservatives calling for the arming of teachers are so certain of this “Rambo” instinct. If it does exist, it does so only in a tiny, tiny percentage of regular citizens (most of whom must have death wishes).

As people of reason know, these conservatives are nothing more than “keyboard warriors”. They are brave beyond all else, but only when safely typing their attacks, anonymously. The truth is, they are too old, or too fat, or are out of shape, or too slow and crippled-up, or would freeze in fear, or any combination there of, to truly be the heroes they’ve convinced themselves they would be. They are the “Monday morning quarterbacks” of mass shooting response, and all of them would hesitate or totally freeze when called upon to weigh the threat of their own death against defending strangers. Just as the four Broward County Deputies did. No Rambos there.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

.[/QUOTE
Why don't we start by upgrading all school doors to steel with no glass and do something that's really revolutionary and lock the fucking doors

A little tidbit you ignored or never saw, ]the shooter was allowed into the building through a locked door by a student who was being polite.

Thus endeth your rant.
one more security flaw.

NO ONE should be allowed entry before it is proven that person has a legitimate reason to be in the school

You know, you really shouldn't talk that way about someone who has a great deal more experience with this topic than anyone else on this entire forum. It really makes you look like the nut case you are. Someone should probably take your guns away.

I don't know why you think that I am making up facts. I just proved that your "fix" would not have worked in this instance.

I guess that pisses you off to no end. Probably much like your sex life when the women would all start laughing when you dropped your trousers! "Wow, that looks just like a penis, only smaller!"

We have schools in this country worth trillions in taxpayer dollars. Just because you have an uninformed bad idea, we can't just spend trillions to upgrade to your stupid idea of a fix because you think you have large testicles. It won't work and all of the insults and Billy-Bad-Ass attitude will never make it work, so why waste the money?

It would have wrked because no where did I ever say any student should be able to open any door to let anyone they want into the school

Once again I must say I am in shock that a ;person who thinks he is smart enough to teach can't even figure out that controlling entry would have prevented or at least greatly minimized this last shooting and many others.

Not to mention most teachers don't want to carry about guns They are fucking teachers, not soldiers or bodyguards. Wtf ...

However, if a teacher goes through the process to demonstrate that s/he is a responsible gun owner, I don't know that it would be so bad to allow them to carry on-site.

.[/QUOTE

Thus endeth your rant.
one more security flaw.

It would have wrked because no where did I ever say any student should be able to open any door to let anyone they want into the school

Once again I must say I am in shock that a ;person who thinks he is smart enough to teach can't even figure out that controlling entry would have prevented or at least greatly minimized this last shooting and many others.

In other words, you failed to account for that in your assessment. That just means you are the dumbass!

You cannot control entry at every point in a school. To even suggest such a thing is laughable. I posted yesterday the classroom where I subbed had 6 (Yes, 6!) access points. Are you going to hire six security guards to watch ONE classroom? How about the other 150 classrooms?

Thus endeth your rant.
one more security flaw.

In other words, you failed to account for that in your assessment. That just means you are the dumbass!

You cannot control entry at every point in a school. To even suggest such a thing is laughable. I posted yesterday the classroom where I subbed had 6 (Yes, 6!) access points. Are you going to hire six security guards to watch ONE classroom? How about the other 150 classrooms?

I didn't because I never made a complete assessment.

And here we go again.

Your name wouldn't be Mr. Obtuse would it?

It doesn't matter how many doors you have if you control entry and egress.

ALL people can enter the exit the building via one entrance. ALL other entrances would be for emergency use only and would be unable to be opened by any student.

This shit ain't rocket science

etc etc

That McVeigh used a bomb instead of a gun if not an argument troll, it is a fact.
why are people even bringing up bombs as a problem in mass shootings [shootings !! ]hahahah
what's the bomb argument--again?? why are people bringing it up?? it's irrelevant
So you’re saying suicide bombs haven’t killed more? Can you say 911? You’re a stupid fk

terrible analogy--these are foreign terrorists--not school kids
I haven't seen any school shootings using airplanes
---they weren't bombs

...you/others don't want to accept the fact that the school shooters are NOT using bombs 99.999% of the time--if even that
MOST-over 90% of murders do NOT use bombs
...you /others won't/can't accept this fact
..the numbers are way-WAY against you
since 1975--there have been about 3191 deaths by bombs--9-11 included!!!!
that's less than 80 per year!! 3000 is less than one third of murders by guns per YEAR
History of bombings in the US, including famous attempts that failed since the late 1800s

again--bombs more difficult to activate:
Columbine bombs didn't go off
only 2 killed Boston marathon--
2 of the above bombs in link failed to go off !!!!

ok --last time I will say it--the mass shooters [shooters] are NOT using bombs
talking about bombs is irrelevant
they are using guns --not bombs---I can't make it any more simple

“Leftists want the dead bodies.”

Another ridiculous conservative lie.

Confronted with the fact that arming teachers is idiocy that will do nothing to stop school shootings, most on the right will resort to lies and demagoguery in a failed effort to deflect from the fact that they’re wrong.

Nonsense.

The vast majority of Islamic fundamentalist murders are in the Middle East and Europe. The vast majority of people who kill Islamic terrorists are Americans.

Would they want a truce with the people they kill the least and who kill the most of them? The people who drove ISIS back into caves?

That while we continually get stabbed in the back by the people who most benefit from our actions
I believe I was clear, fight them there and not here. If we don't push them back in the cave, they hijack planes and post suicide bombers in our country. No thanks, I love my fellow americans to understand that it is a evil necessary to have the military doing what they're doing.

etc etc

terrible analogy--these are foreign terrorists--not school kids
I haven't seen any school shootings using airplanes
---they weren't bombs

...you/others don't want to accept the fact that the school shooters are NOT using bombs 99.999% of the time--if even that
MOST-over 90% of murders do NOT use bombs
...you /others won't/can't accept this fact
..the numbers are way-WAY against you
since 1975--there have been about 3191 deaths by bombs--9-11 included!!!!
that's less than 80 per year!! 3000 is less than one third of murders by guns per YEAR
History of bombings in the US, including famous attempts that failed since the late 1800s

again--bombs more difficult to activate:
Columbine bombs didn't go off
only 2 killed Boston marathon--
2 of the above bombs in link failed to go off !!!!

ok --last time I will say it--the mass shooters [shooters] are NOT using bombs
talking about bombs is irrelevant
they are using guns --not bombs---I can't make it any more simple
who exactly were the ISIS targeting to wear their vests? are you really that naive?

“Leftists want the dead bodies.”

Another ridiculous conservative lie.

Confronted with the fact that arming teachers is idiocy that will do nothing to stop school shootings, most on the right will resort to lies and demagoguery in a failed effort to deflect from the fact that they’re wrong.
Right butcher, right when have you ever posted any facts?

If someone was shooting at you would you want a gun to defend yourself or would you just want to sit and wait for your turn to be shot?
Shrinks Shrink Our Manhood

The worse thing about Vietnam was that I felt like a punching bag. I was under attack dozens of times but I never had a clear shot at the enemy because it was all hit and run.

Misled by the weaklings' psychobabble, I didn't want to have anything to do with guns when I came back. Yet a healthy group of psychologists would have recommended to at least take target practice in order to get an imaginary but effective feeling of closure.

Forum List

Back