🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

On a lighter note, this thread is reminding me of a Swami Miami joke:

"I'm a Hobo-sexual. Yeah, that's a Bum Fuck."

Thread has been cleaned up. Stop insulting each other and spamming with memes.

Spamming with MEMES?

Where is that against the TOS?

g5 was trolling with memes which I see were removed it appears. Burning crosses, Jesus giving the finger, or Jesus with a white hat over his head. He wasn't trying to further discussion, but insisted comparing us to the American Taliban.

You could have ended your post after the third word. ;)

Spamming with MEMES?

g5 was trolling with memes which I see were removed it appears. Burning crosses, Jesus giving the finger, or Jesus with a white hat over his head. He wasn't trying to further discussion, but insisted comparing us to the American Taliban.

Mommy! Mommy! Dats Nawt fayah! G5 was da bad one!! Waaaaaaaahhh!

This is Bill Clinton on November 16, 1993, signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act...!

Yep. Same phony corporatist bullshit from both parties. Phukemalltohel.

facepalm29.gif

Spamming with MEMES?

You could have ended your post after the third word. ;)

I stand corrected. I must admit I am rather long winded...eh... I'll just stop there.

Spamming with MEMES?

Spamming with MEMES?

Now you've done it! You've reported a microagression on the Mom!!!!! App!

USMB About To Become Center Of The World US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Indiana law and the Fed law are not the same....no matter how you slice it, the homophobes are just trying to protect themselves by carving a law that allows them to discriminate. Funny, their religion does not allow them to bake a cake for someone whose lifestyle they don't like, but it allows them to be hateful and rude to people whose lifestyle they don't like....guess their Jesus told them it was okay to hate.

First, it explicitly states that for-profit businesses – and not just individuals – have a right to the free exercise of religion. As The Atlantic points out, the federal law has no such language, nor do 17 of the 19 existing state RFRA statues. In fact, Louisiana and Pennsylvania exclude businesses from being protected by RFRA.

Second, the Indiana law makes explicit that for-profit business’ free exercise of religion is a defense against discrimination claims made not just by the government but also by private parties, something that is murky in the federal law.

So the claim that Indiana’s new law is just the same as a bunch of existing laws is off base.

That claim is also disingenuous and phony in a much simpler way, and so is the claim that that RFRA laws are not being used to try to justify discrimination.

Indiana religious freedom law is different and here s why - DecodeDC Story

The Indiana law doesn't mention sexual orientation at all.

The difference between Indiana's Law and similar laws in some other states (like Louisiana) ... Is centered on the fact that Indiana has not set sexual orientation as a protected class in state protections.

But that isn't necessarily new ... Been that way for quite some time.
Not to mention that President Obama voted in favor of similar legislation as a Senator in Illinois.

The Indiana law and the Fed law are not the same....no matter how you slice it, the homophobes are just trying to protect themselves by carving a law that allows them to discriminate. Funny, their religion does not allow them to bake a cake for someone whose lifestyle they don't like, but it allows them to be hateful and rude to people whose lifestyle they don't like....guess their Jesus told them it was okay to hate.

First, it explicitly states that for-profit businesses – and not just individuals – have a right to the free exercise of religion. As The Atlantic points out, the federal law has no such language, nor do 17 of the 19 existing state RFRA statues. In fact, Louisiana and Pennsylvania exclude businesses from being protected by RFRA.

Second, the Indiana law makes explicit that for-profit business’ free exercise of religion is a defense against discrimination claims made not just by the government but also by private parties, something that is murky in the federal law.

So the claim that Indiana’s new law is just the same as a bunch of existing laws is off base.

That claim is also disingenuous and phony in a much simpler way, and so is the claim that that RFRA laws are not being used to try to justify discrimination.

Stop lying, it's over. Go home.

Stop lying, it's over. Go home.

Ha, you're delusional, like always. Idiot Republican governor screwing his own state....:D

Anti-Gay Indiana Law Backfires

Indiana s Religious Discrimination Law Is Backfiring So Badly Other States Are Rethinking Theirs - PopCrunch

Salesforce won t travel to Indiana over religious freedom law

"...This reaction is nothing short of an embarrassment for the left and a repudiation of the values that the Democratic Party espoused as recently as the 1990s, when President Bill Clinton signed a national version of this act into law.
"The hypocrisy exhibited by the left in this display of childish pique over Indiana’s RFRA bill is impossible to ignore."

"Malloy’s absurd response to the Indiana law is, no doubt, an effort to distract his liberal constituents from the fact that Connecticut’s RFRA law – yes, they have one, too – goes farther than the act signed last week by Gov. Mike Pence."

"...the 1993 Religious Freedom and Restoration Act, authored by congressional Democrats and signed into law by a Democratic president, has actually helped a number of religious minorities receive justice after being subjected to discrimination."

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy embarrasses himself with Indiana RFRA tantrum Hot Air

"Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law"

So much for being 'clear.'

The measure has nothing to so with 'religious freedom,' 'religious freedom' was in no way in 'jeopardy' before the measure was passed.

To be clear, it's about an unwarranted hostility toward gay Americans.

The measure has nothing to so with 'religious freedom,' 'religious freedom' was in no way in 'jeopardy' before the measure was passed.

To be clear this has been shown to be a lie over and over. The fact you repeat it indicates you are stupid.

It's about special privilege. Universal rights are thing of the past. Identity politics is all that's left.

Forum List

Back