Let's make something clear.

He will start with acts of retribution against those who tried to hold him accountable for his crimes.
Probably not, but what’s wrong with clamping down on people who do unAmerican things to block democracy - like trying to put your political opponent in jail?

But I still say the first thing he will do is get to work on the border and stop the foreign army coming in every day.

Oh yeah? I hadn't heard that.

Post a link to me on that.
And he looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so.

Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do, all this is, this is from the number one, or certainly one of the top, Constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We're supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our Constitution, and protect our constitution.

Also, see the Eastman memo about using the fake electors to mess with the certification.

Probably not, but what’s wrong with clamping down on people who do unAmerican things to block democracy - like trying to put your political opponent in jail?

But I still say the first thing he will do is get to work on the border and stop the foreign army coming in every day.
Where were you in 2020 when Trump was doing unAmerican things to block democracy?

Having incited or participated in such an Insurrection is all that is required... no formal indictment or conviction is needed.

One need look no further than the thousands of Confederates - never charged or convicted - to realize the truth in that.

Legal Precedent is everything under such circumstances.

from the OP>>>>

Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment does not expressly require a criminal conviction, and historically, one was not necessary. Reconstruction Era federal prosecutors brought civil actions in court to oust officials linked to the Confederacy, and Congress in some cases took action to refuse to seat Members

In other words what we consider due process is reduced to partisan politics

~S~

Orange Baboon God. Do you leftists hear how asinine you sound?
Why thank you. It's very gratifying to learn that one's work is noticed. :auiqs.jpg:

( BTW... far less asinine than the butt-sniffers enabling and sustaining that dictator-in-the-making )

You better prepare yourself. Trump has an excellent chance of defeating Biden,
Yes. That possibility does, indeed, exist.
and he will begin to dismantle the damaging, leftist agenda. He will start with the illegal invasion from the South.
I am actually quite supportive of much of the so-called Trump Agenda.

It's just that I do not trust your boy to either (1) act with the dignity of a President or (2) give-up power when his time comes.

Right Message... Wrong Messenger.

You serve-up a candidate who will execute the Trump Agenda without his baggage and I'll vote Republican in a heartbeat.

Orange Baboon God. Do you leftists hear how asinine you sound?

You better prepare yourself. Trump has an excellent chance of defeating Biden, and he will begin to dismantle the damaging, leftist agenda. He will start with the illegal invasion from the South.
“As recent reports have revealed, former President Donald Trump and his allies are making plans for how a second Trump administration would use the powers of the federal government to punish Trump’s critics and political opponents. Among other things, Trump would reportedly invoke the Insurrection Act — a law that gives the president nearly unchecked powers to use the military as a domestic police force — on his first day in office, so that he could quash any public protests against him.

[…]

As president, Trump reportedly displayed keen interest in using the Insurrection Act to suppress Black Lives Matter protesters in the summer of 2020. Even more ominously, several Trump allies urged him to invoke the Insurrection Act in an effort to stay in power after losing the 2020 presidential election.”

Again, it’s madness to want a second treasonous, lawless Trump regime.

It’s actually Constitutional interpretation rather than due process; again, Trump isn’t be charged with a crime, his life, liberty or property are not in jeopardy – this would be in the category of Bush v. Gore and Nixon v. US.

The Court will likely side-step the issue concerning what does or doesn’t constitute insurrection and focus instead on whether the presidency falls under the disqualification provision.

“There is an argument that because the President is not covered explicitly by the provision, the presidency itself is exempt from the disqualification.” ibid

And given the ideological makeup of the Court, it will no doubt rule that the presidency is not subject to Section 3 disqualification, placing Trump on each states’ ballot.

It is still due process, in each of the two states his lawyers presented their side of the argument as to why he should be allowed to be on the ballot. Hell, in CO after the judge said yes he could be on it, it was Trump's own legal team that appealed the decision.

He has not ever been denied the right to present a defense

from the OP>>>>

Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment does not expressly require a criminal conviction, and historically, one was not necessary. Reconstruction Era federal prosecutors brought civil actions in court to oust officials linked to the Confederacy, and Congress in some cases took action to refuse to seat Members

In other words what we consider due process is reduced to partisan politics

~S~

So Biden can be pulled for bribery.

It is still due process, in each of the two states his lawyers presented their side of the argument as to why he should be allowed to be on the ballot. Hell, in CO after the judge said yes he could be on it, it was Trump's own legal team that appealed the decision.

He has not ever been denied the right to present a defense
Don’t keep claiming it’s due process when it’s not just because that was your original claim – just acknowledge you’re wrong.

As to the thread topic, when the Supreme Court rules in a manner that places Trump on all state ballots, it won’t be because he wasn’t convicted of a crime.

Where were you in 2020 when Trump was doing unAmerican things to block democracy?
He wasn’t. He was trying to ensure the election was legitimate, and there was plenty of evidence of unprecedented “shenanigans” - like the simultaneous halts to six swing states where Trump was leading- by seeking to delay certification.

And don’t tell me you’re PROUD you got away with it? The country is in the worst shape of my entire adult life, thanks to the compromised and demented man you voted for.

Bring it. No court in the land will stand for it.

Courts in red states may. Hell, apparently it doesn’t take a court, as in Maine, the Secretary of State can do it.

The funny thing about lawfare is that different people have different interpretation as to what qualifies as insurrection and disqualification from office. You all suggest that each state can make that determination for themselves. As was previously stated, your rules, your game.

Forum List

Back