Let’s not pretend conservatives are banning books in school libraries simply because of graphic sexual content

Nope....you made an allegation that these books are being removed for reasons that are meritless.....then provide no specific examples.......so that you get your accusation, without having to defend it....

We have had other threads on the exact books and they are exactly what we described......sex between children and children and adults.....

The actual book banners are you leftists....as you fight to remove Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird and other important books, and you also don't like Shakespeare because he is a dead white guy....who puts all the current leftist, woke authors to shame...
Uh no, my point is that most of the LGBT books being banned do not have any explicit sexual material in them therefore it is pointless to ban them.

Books showing dead people from WW2 are just fine though.

I never said that.

And whether I am OK or not with that, that would be a completely separate topic) is irrelevant to the sexual grooming and abuse of children.

This is an unusually dishonest remark, even by the very low bar that you normally set for dishonesty.

So, tell us, why are YOU so determined to expose and groom children into sick sexual perversions? What is YOUR interest in seeing to it that children are groomed and abused in such a manner?

You’ll always have that one example to harp on huh?
Well, isn't that the topic....banning books. You guys ban probably the greatest American writer in our history, then simply dismiss it. You guys are pretty sick.

Democrats banned Mark Twain.

And to Kill a Mockingbird....

Here.....the cite continues to vanish but I captured a quote...

Leftists who believe that speech is violence are gaining a foothold within the mainstream of the Democrat Party.

The “speech is violence” mantra has been used as justification by the radical Left to deplatform speakers from college campuses, push for online censorship, and even destroy public property.

---------------
The Burbank Unified School District in Los Angeles recently barred To Kill A Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and others.

From Newsweek:

Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird,” Mark Twain’s “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,” John Steinbeck’s “Of Mice and Men,” Theodore Taylor’s “The Cay” and Mildred D. Taylor’s “Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.”
Four parents alleged that these books could cause harm to their children, and, in turn, BUSD decided to exclude these novels from its curriculum.

And everything else they want banned...

It really does not matter if an LGBT book being banned has sexual content in it. It will be banned either way. Any mention of a gay relationship is automatically condemned.

This doesn’t just apply to LGBT books. It also applies to books with Black Lives Matter content. Oh the horror!

Conservatives only care about their own free speech - not anyone else’s.

Catcher in the Wry...

Fast forward to today. Catcher in the Rye, a book considered one of the top 100 novels written in the 20th century, is to be banned. Now, here’s the twist: the ban this time is from left-wing groups.

Books such as JD Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye and Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird will be replaced by “informational texts” approved by the Common Core State Standards.
Suggested non-fiction texts include Recommended Levels of Insulation by the the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the Invasive Plant Inventory, by California’s Invasive Plant Council.
The new educational standards have the backing of the influential National Governors’ Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers, and are being part-funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Now, there are all kinds of things wrong with this.

If a church has a book about sex between children, and children with adults you would be right.........but that isn't what we are talking about.....

I'm waiting for the claim to be made, that teaching children about God, teaching children basic standards of right and wrong, is comparable to grooming them to be faggots or trannies, or to be easy prey for pedophiles.

Uh no, my point is that most of the LGBT books being banned do not have any explicit sexual material in them therefore it is pointless to ban them.

You haven't named one book yet..........but make the accusation...

No, not at all.

The PRINCIPLE has to do with protecting the innocence of childhood against those trying to sexualize them.

I sure miss the days when the left was liberal and so sought to PROTECT children against sexual exploitation.

When was that? They were simply hiding their true goal back then, today they are just more open about what they want.

No, not at all.

The PRINCIPLE has to do with protecting the innocence of childhood against those trying to sexualize them.

I sure miss the days when the left was liberal and so sought to PROTECT children against sexual exploitation.

The fact "liberals or libertarianism" doesn't speaks volumes

It really does not matter if an LGBT book being banned has sexual content in it. It will be banned either way. Any mention of a gay relationship is automatically condemned.

This doesn’t just apply to LGBT books. It also applies to books with Black Lives Matter content. Oh the horror!

Conservatives only care about their own free speech - not anyone else’s.

Why don't you look up these two books.....they actually have videos on youtube of parents reading passages from them to their local school boards....NSFW content...

All Boys Aren't Blue by George M. Johnson

The young-adult memoir "weaves together the trials and triumphs faced by Black queer boys," with Johnson describing memories of getting his teeth kicked out by bullies at age 5 and first sexual relationships, says the Amazon description, which recommends a reading age of 14-18 years old.

The superintendent in Wicomico County, Maryland, pulled the book in March after a school board meeting's public comment period was dominated by complaints about the book, the PEN America report says.

The book has been banned in 21 school districts.

Lawn Boy by Jonathan Evison

This coming-of-age novel about a gay protagonist who is trying to discover himself includes a sexual experience the protagonist had at a youth group meeting age the age of 10 with another 10-year-old boy.

The author says the book includes graphic language and that it was intended for an adult audience though it found some crossover success after winning an award from the Young Adult Library Association.

"In addition to the aforementioned sexual passages, Lawn Boy was found to have contained '44 fucks, and 42 shits,' and I would argue that not one of them was wasted," Evison wrote for NW Book Lovers, responding to criticism of him and the book. "Frankly, I would have put that number much higher."

The book was banned in 16 school districts.

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

The story involves an 11-year-old Black girl, who wants her eyes to turn blue, thinking that would change her life.

Common Sense Media describes the book as a "poetic and complex investigation of racial, personal, and sexual feelings" that's suitable for readers who are 15 and older.
The book describes sex acts between adults, incest and domestic violence, and more than one man behaving "inappropriately" with young girls, the review says.

"Teen readers may need some adult guidance to understand the world of the novel, in which many characters seem driven by emotional and sexual feelings they can't control," the review says.

Well, isn't that the topic....banning books. You guys ban probably the greatest American writer in our history, then simply dismiss it. You guys are pretty sick.
You’re just making a false equivalency is my point. Rightwing censorship is far more common.

True.

Indeed, this is who conservatives are – their contempt for free speech and the First Amendment is matched by their unwarranted fear and hatred of gay and transgender Americans.

Yeah....we just pointed out that you leftists want the children having sex books in schools, but ban Huckleberry Finn, and To Kill a Mockingbird.....you are an idiot...

You’re just making a false equivalency is my point. Rightwing censorship is far more common.

No, actually, it isn't...the left is aggressively trying to ban books, and not based on content about sex with children....which is why they are going after Shakespeare, Mark Twain, To Kill a Mockingbird and other books.......

Why don't you look up these two books.....they actually have videos on youtube of parents reading passages from them to their local school boards....NSFW content...

All Boys Aren't Blue by George M. Johnson

The young-adult memoir "weaves together the trials and triumphs faced by Black queer boys," with Johnson describing memories of getting his teeth kicked out by bullies at age 5 and first sexual relationships, says the Amazon description, which recommends a reading age of 14-18 years old.

The superintendent in Wicomico County, Maryland, pulled the book in March after a school board meeting's public comment period was dominated by complaints about the book, the PEN America report says.

The book has been banned in 21 school districts.

Lawn Boy by Jonathan Evison

This coming-of-age novel about a gay protagonist who is trying to discover himself includes a sexual experience the protagonist had at a youth group meeting age the age of 10 with another 10-year-old boy.

The author says the book includes graphic language and that it was intended for an adult audience though it found some crossover success after winning an award from the Young Adult Library Association.

"In addition to the aforementioned sexual passages, Lawn Boy was found to have contained '44 fucks, and 42 shits,' and I would argue that not one of them was wasted," Evison wrote for NW Book Lovers, responding to criticism of him and the book. "Frankly, I would have put that number much higher."

The book was banned in 16 school districts.

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

The story involves an 11-year-old Black girl, who wants her eyes to turn blue, thinking that would change her life.

Common Sense Media describes the book as a "poetic and complex investigation of racial, personal, and sexual feelings" that's suitable for readers who are 15 and older.
The book describes sex acts between adults, incest and domestic violence, and more than one man behaving "inappropriately" with young girls, the review says.

"Teen readers may need some adult guidance to understand the world of the novel, in which many characters seem driven by emotional and sexual feelings they can't control," the review says.

Some sick shit. Our education system is a sewer of depraved turds indoctrination our children.

Forum List

Back