🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's play hide and seek! What happens when you're found out?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby wants to play hide and seek with evidence in the Freddie Gray case. But what happens when someone gets found out? They're it. Yesterday, Mosby announced she was planning to file for a gag order to be placed on the autopsy results of Freddie Gray. What is there to hide, Mrs. Mosby? Perhaps the truth? If I recall my constitutional law correctly, the cops' have a Sixth Amendment constitutional right under the confrontation clause to view the evidence brought against them. This autopsy may as well vindicate these officers, if your behavior is any indication. First the knife, now the autopsy. This whole thing reeks of deception.

Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby plans to seek a protective order that would block the release of Freddie Gray's autopsy report and other "sensitive" documents as she prosecutes the six police officers involved in his arrest.

Mosby told The Baltimore Sun that prosecutors "have a duty to ensure a fair and impartial process for all parties involved" and "will not be baited into litigating this case through the media."

But an attorney for one of the officers said the effort shows that "there is something in that autopsy report that they are trying to hide."

"Mrs. Mosby is the one who did an announcement discussing what she said the evidence was in a nationally televised speech," said Ivan Bates, who represents Sgt. Alicia White. "Now that it is time to turn over the evidence, to ask for a protective order is beyond disingenuous.

"It's as if she wants to do everything to make sure our clients do not get a fair trial."

Gray, 25, died in April after suffering a severe spinal cord injury in police custody. Mosby has charged the officers with violations ranging from misconduct in office to, in one case, second-degree murder. All six officers have been released on bail.

Baltimore's chief prosecutor declared her intention to seek the protective order in a court filing Monday. She also asked for more time to respond to defense motions that she and her office be removed from the case and that the case be tried outside Baltimore.

Mosby says she'll seek order to block release of Freddie Gray autopsy report - Baltimore Sun

From your link:

Bates said the protective order would allow only prosecutors and defense attorneys to see the documents, and could require the court to seal all new filings that make reference to information in the documents.

No Confrontation Clause issues.

It does raise questions about her case, though.

From your link:

Bates said the protective order would allow only prosecutors and defense attorneys to see the documents, and could require the court to seal all new filings that make reference to information in the documents.

I'm curious then, why would Ivan Bates say this?

"One of the defense attorneys, Ivan Bates, said in an interview that the effort to get a protective order is a sign that “there is something in that autopsy report that they are trying to hide.”

“Mrs. Mosby is the one who did an announcement discussing what she said the evidence was in a nationally televised speech, and now that it is time to turn over the evidence, to ask for a protective order is beyond disingenuous,” said Bates, who represents Sgt. Alicia White. “It’s as if she wants to do everything to make sure our clients do not get a fair trial.”

From your link:

"One of the defense attorneys, Ivan Bates, said in an interview that the effort to get a protective order is a sign that “there is something in that autopsy report that they are trying to hide.”

“Mrs. Mosby is the one who did an announcement discussing what she said the evidence was in a nationally televised speech, and now that it is time to turn over the evidence, to ask for a protective order is beyond disingenuous,” said Bates, who represents Sgt. Alicia White. “It’s as if she wants to do everything to make sure our clients do not get a fair trial.”

Umm.

Because he's the defense attorney.

From your link:

Umm.

Yeah, so I took that as an accusation that the autopsy is being hidden from him, too.

From your link:

Umm.

Yeah, so I took that as an accusation that the autopsy is being hidden from him, too.

Well, that's not what he said, though.

Why wouldn't he say so explicitly, if that were the case? It would violate numerous laws.

From your link:

Umm.

Well, that's not what he said, though.

Why wouldn't he say so explicitly, if that were the case? It would violate numerous laws.

To be frank, there's so much shenanigans going on with this case, I don't know what to think anymore.

Forum List

Back