Let's put to rest that Trump "myth" that Iran got back US taxpayers' money..

Who gives a shit whos money it was? They shouldnt have gotten it. They are a fucking terrorist sponsor

So you think we should just steal billions of dollars that the rest of the world knows we have no right to? How Trumpian of you.
Its been decades. International statute of limitations? :dunno:

No
Duh lol. So, let me ask you why they still have billions in assets still frozen and how that doesnt help your argument.

If it was Iran's money why was it shipped in on pallets? Was it seized and stored in some warehouse until Ear's released it?

Gawd you're fucking stupid

When you deposit your $60.00 per week pay check, does the bank put that money into a drawer and not touch it until you want to withdraw it? No, they put it with everybody else's money, and make a leger entry to show 60$ of that money is yours.
We didn't store their money in a warehouse. We used it, and made a leger notation that we owed them 1.7 billion.
And Obama took $1.7B out of the US Treasury without Congressional approval.

Thanks for validating he violated the law.

Inevitably, since ignorance is "bliss", many right wingers on here are STILL under the false assumption that Obama gave Iran money ($1.7 billion) that was really U.S. taxpayers'........

So, the question for right wingers is rather simple....

Was that money that Obama gave back to iran OUR money.....or Iran's own money???

Curious when are you finnaly going to change your handle to " obozo apology tool?"

The messiah paid Iran ransom plain and simple and Instead of wiring the money he had to use a cargo plane

Who gives a shit whos money it was? They shouldnt have gotten it. They are a fucking terrorist sponsor

So you think we should just steal billions of dollars that the rest of the world knows we have no right to? How Trumpian of you.

No
Duh lol. So, let me ask you why they still have billions in assets still frozen and how that doesnt help your argument.

This was money Iran paid for military equipment that we didn't deliver. It's not all of Iran's frozen assets, but just the amount for that one sale.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/17/politics/us-pays-iran-1-7-billion/index.html

If it was Iran's money why was it shipped in on pallets? Was it seized and stored in some warehouse until Ear's released it?
The cash you're referring to (USD 1.3 billion and €400 million) represented the post-settlement estimated interest on Iranian assets frozen by U.S. and other Foreign banks going all the way back to the 1970's, the reason it was delivered in the form of physical cash (instead of electronic transfer of reserve currency) is likely due to the Iranian Central Banks desire to boost its physical foreign currency reserves, which isn't all that unusual given the trade and finance restrictions the Iranians have been under for so long.

As far as being in "some warehouse" , yeah if you count the Federal Reserve and the ECB as "some warehouse". ;)

So it would be untraceable.
When you're buying nuclear technology it's best not that it be traced back to Obama.

Er.... try again... physical cash is traceable or hadn't you noticed that federal reserve and ECB notes include serial #'s, if the Iranians had wanted it to be untraceable they would have demanded payment in cryptocurrency. ;)

US: OK Iran, we are going to freeze your money until you give up your nuclear program

Iran: OK, you win, here is all our enriched uranium and centrifuges

US: OK, here is your money back

Trump: Worst deal in history, US got screwed

US: OK Iran, we are going to freeze your money until you give up your nuclear program

Iran: OK, you win, here is all our enriched uranium and centrifuges

US: OK, here is your money back

Trump: Worst deal in history, US got screwed
Lol you actually believe that when a terrorist nation tells you that they are scrapping their nuclear ambitions, they will do it.
Don't pick your nose. Your head will cave in.

Er.... try again... physical cash is traceable or hadn't you noticed that federal reserve and ECB notes include serial #'s, if the Iranians had wanted it to be untraceable they would have demanded payment in cryptocurrency. ;)
Depends on whether the cash had been laundered.

Obama is part of our history - it just doesn't matter any more.

We will continue to try to undo the damage he has created, repair the holes he tore in our reputation and our position in the world, and save those who he abandoned.

Other than that, I don't much give a fuck what he did - or didn't do.

So, the above is YOUR answer to the question posed???.........................LOL
Nope - I consider the question to be irrelevant, ill-informed, poorly constructed, and facetious.

THAT is my answer to the supposed question.

Gnut is just trolling again.

No

This was money Iran paid for military equipment that we didn't deliver. It's not all of Iran's frozen assets, but just the amount for that one sale.
U.S. to pay Iran $1.7 billion in legal settlement - CNNPolitics
And Iran invading our embassy was an act of war, so what's your point, Islamofascist apologist?

No

And Iran invading our embassy was an act of war, so what's your point, Islamofascist apologist?

Frozen Iranian assets are a little complex. Not a lot, but some. Go educate yourself, and then we can talk. Not my job to do your basic research.

No

Frozen Iranian assets are a little complex. Not a lot, but some. Go educate yourself, and then we can talk. Not my job to do your basic research.
Says the Dufus who thinks a President can legally pull out billions on a whim without Congress and ship it in cash on pallets to terrorists.

It was originally Iran's money but that's not the point, so why even ask the question?

Do you believe that a government that sponsors international terrorism should be given a massive cash infusion?

Iran did not just invade our territory, that might be forgivable as an act of war.

What Iran did was much worse than that, they invaded an embassy, which is a violation of the international law of diplomatic immunity.

Even the Communists, who murdered 94 million people, never violated diplomatic immunity.

RW's are too dumb to figure that one out .. not a chance in hell.

The OP is "creating" this myth, I am fully aware that Iran got back it's own money, but it was morally wrong and probably illegal what Obama did when he put a palette of cash on an airplane and handed it over to the terrorist regime that controls that country.

The OP is "creating" this myth, I am fully aware that Iran got back it's own money, but it was morally wrong and probably illegal what Obama did when he put a palette of cash on an airplane and handed it over to the terrorist regime that controls that country.
That was only necessary because of all the US sanctions on banks cash with the only way we could get the money to them. Stop giving the hardliners and the Revolutionary guard arguments for crying out loud!

Forum List

Back